Does anyone here use a smartphone that's NOT an i-Phone / Blackberry?

I have a Droid, but don't use it for golf GPS. It seems like it is pretty accurate, but its slow and eats the battery. The only golf app I have is the Rules of Golf.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unlocked Nexus one here. A lot of the GPS programs don't have many Canadian courses on them so I tend not to use them. I do however track all my courses and scores on the phone with Golf Card which is a neat little app.

Plus all the mini golf apps I've got to...

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Just curious about your thoughts on this.

Or will I have to eventually break down and get an iPod Touch (stuck with my phone and plan until Oct. 2010)?

You can jailbreak an iPhone, probably every other brand as well (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and use any carrier you want now.

I tried a smart phone, but was too stupid to use it. I bought my last phone based on how easy it was to push the damn buttons and the loudest possible volume so I can get even with jerkoffs who bring their cells on the course and allow them to ring. :D

• 5 months later...

Seems I'm a minority here, I'm an iPhone user. I have played around with other smartphones like Droid, HTC for short time. My first impression is that the touch screen sensitivity for iPhone is still the best.

Most importantly for me it's the number of available apps developed for the platform. I may be wrong, but I still thing iPhone has the widest selection. Although stuff that I'm only interested in are golf related apps. I think I have just about every golf apps for iPhone that is available.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

• 1 month later...

I broke down this weekend and entered the smart phone world. I held off as long as I could but there are no good phones at Verizon that you don't need the data package for. I ended up with the Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S.

Pros: Huge screen, Compact (very thin), 5.0mp camera, easy to use, 1000's of apps for download.

Cons: Battery, I've charged it every days since I've had it (Saturday)

4 out of 5 stars

Have not tried any GPS on it, I already have an izzo swami which is wonderful but I wouldn't mind something that has a picture of the hole.

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X