Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Development Story of the New Titleist VG3 Driver

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Titleist VG3 really just shows that you'll see in stores and for sale, and will be captivated by the virile figure. - I like to think of myself as a 'virile figure' so I wonder how captivated I'll be by the VG3. :lol:

But seriously, I just came across this model last night on another site. I seem to recall that it was designed for the typical Japanese golfer. I don't know if my swing qualifies as one possessed by the intended player, but I do find the VG3 intriguing. I seem to recall it was designed so that the weight chip position and the stock shaft varies according to the loft. I can guess which one of the three lofts would be most suitable for me, but I'd still like to be properly fitted first. Unfortunately, it may be difficult to find any place that will allow a few test swings with this model, let alone offer a good fitting.

______

Dave

Image Gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

Coloration looked better to me in the CAD stage with the red and black. Probably too much TM in look with those colors though. Perhaps they were just labeling sections of the head, but it looked good.

Some of that translation was rough at best.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived