Jump to content
deejaid

Riding vs. Walking

Riding vs. Walking  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. When allowed, do you prefer riding or walking the course?

    • riding
      14
    • walking
      36


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Yup, time for me to start researching a push cart that'll be best for my big DLX cart bag and saving up for it. As much as I golf-and always in a cart, the $ savings along with the health benefits got to both be positive.

My current one is a hand-me-down Orlimar with some strategically place duct tape holding it together. It has no storage on it save for two golf ball holders.

I absolutely need a new cart with some sort of storage (for my range finder) and a cell phone holder on it. I typically like to keep score on my phone (The Grint) as I play, and sometimes use a GPS program. Last summer I nearly lost my phone three times because I would walk off with the phone balanced on the bag. Had to jog back down the fairway to find it...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I walk primarily because of a handicap.  I get very upset when people make the error to say those of us who ride do not play real golf!

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I used to walk 90% of the time, using either a carry bag or Sun Mtn push cart.  For a few years, I used a Kangaroo, which was really nice.  With recent knee issues, I'm a full time rider (at least for now).  Ideally, when my knees allow it, my bag is on the cart while someone else drives and I walk most of the course.  Several years ago, I played Bandon Dunes with a caddie.  With the exception of the cost, I could get used to having a caddie.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I used to walk 90% of the time, using either a carry bag or Sun Mtn push cart.  For a few years, I used a Kangaroo, which was really nice.  With recent knee issues, I'm a full time rider (at least for now).  Ideally, when my knees allow it, my bag is on the cart while someone else drives and I walk most of the course.  Several years ago, I played Bandon Dunes with a caddie.  With the exception of the cost, I could get used to having a caddie.  

I started out walking when I learned to play 26 years ago, but with bad knees I liked to ride.  My wife and I played Bandon with caddies in 2010, but my knees spoiled it a little.  In 2013 I had my left knee replaced, and walking is much better now.  We still use a cart for some rounds, but I walk whenever I can.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I started out walking when I learned to play 26 years ago, but with bad knees I liked to ride.  My wife and I played Bandon with caddies in 2010, but my knees spoiled it a little.  In 2013 I had my left knee replaced, and walking is much better now.  We still use a cart for some rounds, but I walk whenever I can.

My left knee was replaced 3 years ago and now my right one is ready to be replaced.  I'm trying to kick the can down the road with cortisone and try to put off the replacement until October or so.  Hate to lose the summer doing rehab and recovery.  Knee doesn't hurt to swing, but it's an issue walking sometimes, particularly on the soggy fairways and rough this time of year here.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, CarlH said:

My left knee was replaced 3 years ago and now my right one is ready to be replaced.  I'm trying to kick the can down the road with cortisone and try to put off the replacement until October or so.  Hate to lose the summer doing rehab and recovery.  Knee doesn't hurt to swing, but it's an issue walking sometimes, particularly on the soggy fairways and rough this time of year here.

Also my left knee that was replaced.  It affected my swing the last year before it was replaced; couldn't get to my left side on followthrough.  HCP went up to 14.  I had it done in Nov, so didn't have to go through therapy during golf season.  The doc said if I had waited any longer, he would have had to do a bone graft.  It was that bad.  My right knee should be OK unless I do something stupid.  My wife had her right knee replaced the next Nov.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...