TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pearl Golfballs (German brand)

Abelvis

We soon 😉

3 different sort of ball's ordered 😄

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

I know GSWAG, and I like that!

Smaller brands knocking on the door of the big brands with comparable quality balls.

I normally play lakeballs, because I lose to many balls and don't like to spend a whole lot of cash on balls I hit just a few times;)
Reading tips/tricks on websites and looking on youtube taught me that it's best to play new balls cause of consistenty of your game.

This made me look at cheaper models that might suit my game. I read a lot about Cut, Vice and Snell.

I liked the Cut, the only problem is that I live in the Netherlands (Europe) and it costs way to much to ship them (and custom clearance). Snell does sell in England, but the prices go way up compared to the US prices.
So I started reading about Vice. Looks neat and prices look good. Just when I was abot to buy them, I stumbled into Pearl golf. But there are just a few reviews!

https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2018/april/tested-the-best-golf-balls-for-30/

Decided to buy a few dzn of these and will post my findings here.:)

Because we don't have GC Quad, we have to work with feel and cold weather like today. (rain, wind and 10 degrees c)

Our first shots, we compared the balls with the Taylormade TP, Titleist DT truesoft and the Titleist Velocity.
We both agreed that we loved the feel of the Pearl balls so much, we didn't need to compare them at all!

We did 5 different tests:

Driver: Feel & distance
Long iron: Feel & distance
Short Iron: Feel & spin
Chip/ Pitch: Feel & spin
Putt: Feel & roll

For me:

PG
Driver:Feel not bad high "ping", distance about right.
Long irons: Feel again a bit high ping, distance is fine.
Short irons: Feel again a pit rough, spin better than i expected. for the short irons this ball was longer.
Chip/ Pitch: Feel is just losing it here, spin aswel. But compared to other, 2 piece balls like velocity the same.
Putt: This is where, to me, the ball was not the best for me. Had a bit of trouble getting the right feel with a put. I think it is because I used the Pure Soft first.

Pure Soft
Driver: Feels nice, distance about right.
Long Irons: Feels nice, distance good.
Short Irons: Good feel, spin is good, just what i love to feel from 100m
Chip/ Pitch: Very nice feel, spin is good. Grabbed quite fast. (2 bounce max)
Putt: Oh my, that is just lovely! That's the feel i love!

Pure Soft X
Driver: Feels great!! Love the ball flight aswel, distance is way to short
Long Irons: Feels great, distance way to short
Short Irons: This is better than I ever had. Just lovely. The feel, flight, spin. Just, great!
Chip/ Pitch: Same as short irons, just great!
Putt: No, not my putting ball. Sound and feel between PS and PG, made it harder to get the right distance with putts.

In conclusion: We were surprised with the balls. If the PSX wouldn't cost me so much distance, it would be my gaming ball. For me, the best choice is the PS. Best of both worlds! Probably in cold weather, the PG would also do fine.

I did some reseach and got to the conclusion my swingspeed is to slow to game the X. I think i'll get that with every 4 piece ball. The Pure Soft is my gaming ball for now.
I got a sleeve of their Pro Soft balls, going to try them out!

Heard of them but don't know a ton. Got a random instagram follow from them at one point

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mate,

Just received mine last week and have played 3 round now with the Pure Soft X (yellow) and absolutely love them.

I have always played with either the NXT s or when I am feeling cheap the DT soft but in all honesty I doubt I will ever buy something else than these Pearl balls. I don't think I will find another ball with the same price - quality comparison

I've never heard of them.  Funny, it use to be I pretty much knew every brand of golf ball on the market... not so much these days.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I've never heard of them.  Funny, it use to be I pretty much knew every brand of golf ball on the market... not so much these days.  

Impossible to know all the ball brands anymore. 

And that TG test is pretty interesting...

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting to the first threads here and stumbled over this thread. I´m always curious when something new comes out. Didn´t know that brand either but the homepage looks good. Have you seen the ball markers? The "beer" is very funny :D. 

Maybe I shoul give them a try but for me I guess the X will fit my game. Let´s see

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 1/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, NoClubNoGolf said:

I placed an order yesterday, some balls and a ball marker, I couldn´t resist the beer marker 😄 

Can you give us a review?

Hope there are more Pearl fans

Edited by Abelvis

On 1/28/2019 at 3:58 PM, Abelvis said:

Can you give us a review?

Hope there are more Pearl fans

I wouldn´t say that I became already a "fan" but the first impressions are really good. I try to get some words together:

That´s what I was looking for. The balls arrived quickly – I´ve ordered a dozen of each (Puresoft, Puresoft X, Pure Pro, Pure Pro X) to see what´s best for me.  

Yesterday I was golfing with 2 buddies and one of them is a guy … how can I explain … There´s no other things you see in his bag, only Titleist. From the balls to the towel to the clubs and even his cap. Let us call him a fanboy 😉.

So I brought my new balls and we´ve started viewing them, feeling in the hand and so on. What you do with every new thing you buy. So far, nothing really special. White, dimples … it´s a golfball. I like the “feel” of the purepro more than the puresoft, but that’s just my opinion. Not important anyway.

Our ritual when we start is drinking a shot, no one knows why but without them we are very sad :P.

There was the time to say “someone likes a brezel and a beer”? I´ve shown them my new ball markers and at that point we all had a big smile in our face. (and for sure we tried to bite off a piece and take a sip of the beer 😄 ) - our fantasy still works :D:D

So, now the important thing: The balls.

Well, first thing I have to say that I was really impressed. No one has ever heard from them but they do a good job as far as we can say. We are no Pros, just guys having fun. Our Titleist-guy was the first and he decided for the PureProX (he plays the ProV1X) and normally he hits a ball and immediately tells you that´s crap (when it´s not a ProV). Not this time, there was no praise but also nothing negative. I decided to go for the PurePro and wow, driver distance is pretty good. As I mentioned we are not Pros and we don´t care about a yard or two, but after all the ball should fly and it does. Straight away with a nice sound and a relative stable ball flight (was a bit windy this day). The third person in our group tried the PureSoft (he plays everything, really everything, he doesn´t care that much about balls) and in driver shots theres no big difference to talk about. But he likes the PureSoft and also gave the SoftX a try, but for his swing speed I guess a 4-piece ball doesn´t support  him that much so he stayed at the Puresoft.

During the whole round we´ve really tried every iron and wedges what we brought in our bags and the Pearl balls performed very nice and – for me the most important thing – very constantly.  Good control, spin rates where you need and not to forget at very reasonable prices. Even our Titleist-guy said that he is surprised but he will stay at his ProVs (just for info he kept the rest of the PureproX … maybe we´ll see a wonder 😄 )

Oh lord so many letters. Sorry, but when I start writing someone has to stop me 😛

After all I can recommend this brand to everyone to give them at least a try. I am still wondering that I don´t see much advertising or anything else from them round the US. They should do more advertising to get the attention they may deserve.

I totally agree with you, me finding them was pure luck..They are a really small company and marketing is pretty expensive, so I think that is why..

I like the style of the review! Couldn't help laughing a bit.. That Titleist guy is only playing them when he has to go over water!

• 6 months later...

So I tried the Pro x and was greatly disappointed. Short off the tee. Short on approach shots. The only place it shined was on chips. It checks up pretty well. I guess it has decent control as well. Regularly play Bridgestone RXS and XS and get great distance and control. This ball is not in that class. Not even as good as old Prov1/x’s I pick up from the rough on my home course. Actually not even as good as the $30 Volvik’s I tried lately. My search continues for a good under $40 ball I can game for the next 2 years or so. I just ordered the Snell MTB-x after reading multiple reviews. I am hoping it works for me 

On 8/22/2019 at 5:59 AM, GolfSeeker said:

So I tried the Pro x and was greatly disappointed. Short off the tee. Short on approach shots. The only place it shined was on chips. It checks up pretty well. I guess it has decent control as well. Regularly play Bridgestone RXS and XS and get great distance and control. This ball is not in that class. Not even as good as old Prov1/x’s I pick up from the rough on my home course. Actually not even as good as the $30 Volvik’s I tried lately. My search continues for a good under $40 ball I can game for the next 2 years or so. I just ordered the Snell MTB-x after reading multiple reviews. I am hoping it works for me 

I was really surprised to read this. I´m playing them now for more than 6 month and I´m totally happy with my choice (PurePro). I´m not a PGA-Pro but could it be you should have chosen the 3-piece Pearl-ball? I can only talk for myself but my swingspeed isn´t good enough to bring the 4-piece balls that far as my other balls. 

I´m following PearlGolf for a while now and they seem to do a good job. For example I´ve seen they got the Digest HotList silver medal, also some reviews are out and it´s pretty interesting how they compare to other (more known) brands. 

It may indeed be that the 3-piece pearl would be a better fit for me. However, I have found great success after switching to the TaylorMade balls. Now using project (a) as  my regular ball and tp5x as my premium ball. The tp5x is definitely the better ball both around the greens and longer off the tee ( avg 10 more yards)

• 2 years later...

Thought I would update on ball choice after a while. After a stint with Taylormade premium balls, I decided to look for cheaper options. I have ended up loving the Maxfli Tour X. Great price, good distance and not too shabby around the greens. A couple of weeks ago, I was rummaging through an old golf bag and found a box of Pearl pro x balls leftover from when I last tried them. I am hitting these balls so well!! My longest and straightest drives are with these balls. 
I have looked at the website to see if I could order a dozen but it seems they are out of stock. The site looks stale. Is Pearl still in business?