Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Committed for the next 2 years

MattF

As I alluded to in the 2019 Golf Objectives thread, here goes:

Got a HELL of a deal for golf for the next 2 years. Windmill Lakes in Ravenna, OH is running a deal for a limited number of memberships at $200 for 2 years unlimited golf, just pay $15 cart fee for 18 or $7.50 for 9. Play any time during the week and on weekends and holidays play after 11am. So, I'm now committed to playing at least once on the weekends once the season starts. 👍

Looks like I'll be buying a push cart. 😀

Chanin asked my last night if I wanted to do it and I initially said no, my reason is it's playing the same course (a tough one) all the time. BUT, after thinking it over last night and this morning I went for it as it now commits me to playing at least once per week (and more time permitting) while costing me pennies. No more hunting for deals, just book a tee time 3 days in advance and play. 🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♂️

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

When we first moved to our current location, my wife asked if I was going to join the local country club.  I was leaving a situation where my membership was corporate and paid in full by my company.  My new situation, although better from a professional standpoint, didn't include golf privileges.  At first I was hesitant to join a club for the same reasons you mention, @MattF .  Playing the same course over and over seemed like a drag.

What I quickly learned was, the $620 yearly membership dues at the local country club allowed me plenty of financial leeway to afford to take a semi-monthly trip to Pinehurst.  For that price, you can't go wrong!  

Nice! I am looking to do the same thing this year. There is a 9-hole course 2 miles from my house that has a $256 yearly membership plus $125 for storage of my electric cart. I am hoping this will allow me to get out for a couple hours once or twice a week plus twice on the weekends after all more golf is better right!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Sounds like a great deal. The cost affords you the luxury of occasionally playing another course.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

How far is this from me?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

57 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

How far is this from me?

Well, it's about 20 minutes from me, so about 2 hours or so from you.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Sounds like a great deal alright. At first I thought you meant $200/mo. But now I'm thinking it's $200 total for two years.!! Is that correct? I can't see how that works for the club exactly. I know it would certainly work for me but that's usually not the point of a business if you intend to remain a business. That's essentially free golf.  So for the next 24 months it will cost you $8.33/mo. to play all the golf you desire. What benefit is that for the club? That's chump change.

Don't get me wrong. Unbelievable deal and I'm glad you got it. It's the economics that I don't understand. 🤔

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

24 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Heck, $200 a month would be a great deal here in NJ!

You can't even get that kind of deal here at our local Bushwood. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

That's a steal $200 for 2 years of golf.  That's a no brainer.  Hopefully you get to enjoy lots of golf in 2019.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Well, it's about 20 minutes from me, so about 2 hours or so from you.

That ain’t too bad for me to come up a couple times next season!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

It’s a no brained!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's a great deal! I've only played there once, but really enjoyed it. I should look into it even though it's about 40 minutes for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Course looks nice. Post some pics this summer when you’re out there!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Looks like a nice course! I, like @PlaidJacket don't understand how that price will get any ROI for the club. I must be missing something. Great deal for the consumer though! 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Sounds like a great deal alright. At first I thought you meant $200/mo. But now I'm thinking it's $200 total for two years.!! Is that correct? I can't see how that works for the club exactly. I know it would certainly work for me but that's usually not the point of a business if you intend to remain a business. That's essentially free golf.  So for the next 24 months it will cost you $8.33/mo. to play all the golf you desire. What benefit is that for the club? That's chump change.
Don't get me wrong. Unbelievable deal and I'm glad you got it. It's the economics that I don't understand. 
If I were to guess, they expect to make some money on carts and food. The only time I played there, I found a deal on golf now for $30 with a cart, so deals can be had there. It's also a fair distance away from "civilization", so that may factor into it too.

The course is also the home course for Kent State. I have no idea how those types of things work, but maybe Kent State is essentially subsidizing our rounds?

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Great deal @MattF, at first I thought it was about you being committed, and with your choice of headwear, not too surprising 😉

Playing the same course regularly should help your game, you can focus on playing rather than learning the course.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Great deal [mention=12972]MattF[/mention], at first I thought it was about you being committed, and with your choice of headwear, not too surprising
Playing the same course regularly should help your game, you can focus on playing rather than learning the course.

I don’t know I play my course regularly and often all that I get to focus on is 3 wood/hybrid. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Got a HELL of a deal for golf for the next 2 years. Windmill Lakes in Ravenna, OH is running a deal for a limited number of memberships at $200 for 2 years unlimited golf, just pay $15 cart fee for 18 or $7.50 for 9. Play any time during the week and on weekends and holidays play after 11am. So, I'm now committed to playing at least once on the weekends once the season starts. 
Looks like I'll be buying a push cart. 

Chanin asked my last night if I wanted to do it and I initially said no, my reason is it's playing the same course (a tough one) all the time. BUT, after thinking it over last night and this morning I went for it as it now commits me to playing at least once per week (and more time permitting) while costing me pennies. No more hunting for deals, just book a tee time 3 days in advance and play. 🏌️♂️🏌️♂️

It’s on my list to play. I live half hour from Ravenna in Warren. Maybe we will cross paths this year.

SFT. 

SEE IT. FEEL IT. TRUST IT. 

16 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Don't get me wrong. Unbelievable deal and I'm glad you got it. It's the economics that I don't understand. 🤔

Yes mate, $200 for 2 years, just pay cart fees of $15 for 18 holes.

I would expect, as @MaxEntropy said, that are willing to take a loss for a certain number of memberships to make it up in cart fees and food and drink. They did say that there was a limited number of these memberships available so I don't think they're going to lose their arse on the deal...hell, I might even buy a beer at the end of my round!

Thanks everyone. If you're around this way and want to play, I can make a tee time! 😁

In the bag:

Bag: 

19 hours ago, MattF said:

Got a HELL of a deal for golf for the next 2 years. Windmill Lakes in Ravenna, OH is running a deal for a limited number of memberships at $200 for 2 years unlimited golf, just pay $15 cart fee for 18 or $7.50 for 9. Play any time during the week and on weekends and holidays play after 11am. So, I'm now committed to playing at least once on the weekends once the season starts. 👍

Looks like I'll be buying a push cart. 😀

Chanin asked my last night if I wanted to do it and I initially said no, my reason is it's playing the same course (a tough one) all the time. BUT, after thinking it over last night and this morning I went for it as it now commits me to playing at least once per week (and more time permitting) while costing me pennies. No more hunting for deals, just book a tee time 3 days in advance and play. 🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♂️

A membership will do your game a lot of good. I know plenty of guys who don't want to feel "stuck" at one course, but the truth is those other courses are still out there for you to play. However, now you have a good deal on a course you enjoy (I'm assuming or why else get a membership) and can play in between the times you play elsewhere. A membership will enable you to better know the course staff and other members - there's also a decent chance you'll inherit some course knowledge you didn't have previously. I'm sure the course won't seem as difficult after 2 years. It will most definitely help your game if you get out there with some regularity.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Wow! Insane deals y’all are sharing here! Holy moly. Our pub-links charges $85 a MONTH and that doesn’t include a range deal, and carts are still $15. It’s not worth it, but $200 for 2 years would be!!!!! Man. I’m jealous....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

23 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

However, now you have a good deal on a course you enjoy (I'm assuming or why else get a membership)

I haven't played the course in a number of years, but I jumped at the deal because it's just too good to pass up. Plus, the course has a reputation of always being in great shape.

12 hours ago, PMookie said:

Man. I’m jealous....

It's such a great deal I'm mad at myself! 🤣

In the bag:

Bag: 

The city owned muni in town offers a walking only membership for $60 a month, which is $720 a year, or $1,440 for two years. $200 for two years is basically giving it away.  I would imagine that their hope is that you ride in a cart every time you play.  10 rounds a month @ $15 a round is $150, easily making up for the loss in greens fees. The ROI for you in this deal is nominal, and I can walk a lot of rounds of golf at that price.

I've looked into several courses locally where memberships are needed to join (private courses) and none of them make sense financially for me.  The one private club where my buddy is a member and we have our Tuesday evening league during the spring and summer starts at about $350 a month, even before you tee it up once.  I couldn't even consider it because even if I walk they charge a trail fee just for that.  And if you get a cart it's like $25 every time.  Heck, my buddy bought his own cart to avoid the cart fees, but his club is still charging him a monthly fee (I forget what he told me it was) even when he has his own cart.

$200 for two years of golf, if you can walk for free is a steal in my mind.  But again, I am sure they are hoping you play enough with a cart to make this deal profitable for them.  

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

That's an insane deal .. ENJOY IT!! Literally unheard of around here on Long Island where it can cost me $200 for *one* round for my wife and I (though we typically play much more reasonably priced places!)...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, GSwag said:

$200 for two years of golf, if you can walk for free is a steal in my mind.  But again, I am sure they are hoping you play enough with a cart to make this deal profitable for them. 

You can bet your house that I'm going to walk 90% of my rounds. I'm starting to look at push carts now and have it narrowed down to 2. Funnily enough, one's a 3 wheeler and the other is a 4 wheeler.

In the bag:

Bag: 

25 minutes ago, MattF said:

You can bet your house that I'm going to walk 90% of my rounds. I'm starting to look at push carts now and have it narrowed down to 2. Funnily enough, one's a 3 wheeler and the other is a 4 wheeler.

Matt, which ones are you looking at? I have a 4 wheel so could give you some input, especially on some of the less obvious characteristics.. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Matt, which ones are you looking at? I have a 4 wheel so could give you some input, especially on some of the less obvious characteristics.. 
Second that. I have a Bag Boy Quad XL that I am really happy with!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived