TESTERS WANTED! ×

TRUEGolfFit.com Adding Advanced Shaft Fitting Analytics

StrokerAce

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dec. 18, 2018

TRUEGolfFit.com Adding Advanced Shaft Fitting Analytics To “The World’s First Personalized Golf Fitting Engine.”

YORKTOWN, VA— Dec. 18, 2018 TRUEGolfFit the “The World’s First Personalized Golf Fitting Engine”, is excited to announce that it will be adding Advanced Shaft Fitting Analytics in 2019.

TRUEGolfFit is the first service in the golf industry to use a predictive club fitting algorithm that is brand-agnostic and all encompassing. It matches a golfers exact swing to the best performing products for each individual golfer. The engine compares a golfer’s swing information with a database of real golfers and over 60,000 real swings to help find a golfer’s TRUE Fit. “The best way I can put it is, imagine being fit for your next golf club without ever swinging a club. Now imagine it being guaranteed to outperform everything you currently own. We have cracked the golf fitting code, mapped the golf fitting genome. Every single golfer in the world will now be able to buy with more confidence. It is a TRUE Fit to YOU and every individual golfer in the world. It eliminates the guesswork for consumers and matches clubs to their unique swings. And it is all guaranteed. Longer and straighter or your money back. No more guesswork. All major brands tested. Matched to your swing.” says Adam Beach owner of TRUEGolfFit.

Many golfers have already benefited from the TRUEGolfFit personalized fitting engine. TGF performed over 5,000 fittings for golfers all over the world during its BETA launch.   Adding the shaft fitting analytics to our algorithm is the next logical step towards creating something truly disruptive and game-changing. It is time that it became all about the golfer and all about performance.” says Adam.

“A shift in the industry took place today and only 2% realize it.” – Golf Industry Insider.

TRUEGolfFit Innovations

TRUEGolfFit is the first service in the golf industry to use a scientific compatibility matching system to find the best equipment configuration for golfers. The online fitting breakthrough uses advanced golf analytics to match to perfect fitting club to golfers exact swings. TGF is a data-driven online club fitting solution for golfers who would otherwise not get fit. With a database of over 60,000 swings and millions of data points it is the industries largest and most trusted source of connected swing data. All the major brands are tested to help eliminate the guesswork for consumers. The engine compares a golfers swing information with a database of real golfers and real swings to help find a golfers TRUE Fit. “Our database contains real swings with the real clubs, so in essence it is a real world fitting in a virtual space.” Says Adam Beach.

Each TGF fitting cost $7 and includes the top two Strokes Gained recommended drivers per golfer.

For more information, please visit TRUEGolffit.com

About TRUE GOLF FIT, LLC

TRUE GOLF FIT, LLC is a Consumer First company. The company is the world leader in golf club fit prediction. TGF is revolutionizing golf retail by making everything about performance.

mgs-revised-1 (2).jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Very cool - I am assuming that the shaft options it pulls from are the stock offerings relative to each driver?

Also, I think it would be helpful if TGF had a list of the current drivers in their database.  That way, a prospective customer could know when a newer driver is part of the database and what drivers have been removed from the database.

The concept in intriguing and the guarantee is interesting enough to possibly give it a go.  A few things that standout to me as potential issues would be the subjective aspect of clubs when it comes to ones preference for looks, sound and feel. A closer club face might not suit someone’s eye or the look/shape of the club isn’t confidence building in someone’s mind.  Then the objective part that comes from fittings with the adjustability of clubs these days. A certain loft but tweaked a bit to optimize numbers versus a loft and head combo generated by algorithm.

For shafts the feel may not be what one likes. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

This is so cool! Shafts were the one thing that were missing! I really think this takes TGF from good to wonderful! 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Question:
Is there some sort of feedback loop Incorporated; that is .. after a golfer has done the TGF and bought / played the recommendation - does their experience, positive or negative, update the database?

I guess this question is for Adam and/or Sam and/or whomever actually writes the code and the "logic".

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I hope that this is available by February because I'm looking to buy in March.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

This is fantastic!  I wonder if it would have changed our results from the official TGF review we just finished up if we didn't have the shaft in there that TGF recommended

Edited by goaliewales14

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

This really is cool but I'm curious, if I buy a $500 driver based on the recommendation and it doesn't outperform my current driver do I get my $500 back or my $7?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

This is cool. Just escalated it from 'pretty good' to 'pretty essential' 👏

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm skeptical. For a good while we've been told that in-person clubfittings are really valuable in finding the proper combination of clubhead and shaft and flex and length and lie.  And now we're simply be able to input some data while sitting at our desk at home and get a fitting that is as good or better?  I took a quick look, and didn't proceed far enough to see what data we'll need to have available, but this just seems to be a stretch.  I'll be interested to read the reviews.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I think the biggest problem is that this depends on people knowing their misses and real info, not what they think they do on the course. 

I will say it looks like a great tool to get started narrowing the field online though. 

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

OK.  So I just went through the process, paid my fee and got my results.  All I got were two head brand/models.  No loft.  No shaft flex.  How is this supposed to be so helpful as to be "revolutionary"?  I love MGS, but this is disappointing.

It says very clearly that shaft options will be available in 2019. Go hit the clubs it selected for you though, im gonna bet you won’t be as dissapointed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Will the shaft fitting part have a CPM number we can input so that we get the correct “flex”? Most people for shafts in a small range of CPM. So, a “high launch, low spin” shaft with a CPM of 245.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Will the shaft fitting part have a CPM number we can input so that we get the correct “flex”? Most people for shafts in a small range of CPM. So, a “high launch, low spin” shaft with a CPM of 245.

Maybe, but possibly that 4-character code that describes shaft bend profiles?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The concept in intriguing and the guarantee is interesting enough to possibly give it a go.  A few things that standout to me as potential issues would be the subjective aspect of clubs when it comes to ones preference for looks, sound and feel. A closer club face might not suit someone’s eye or the look/shape of the club isn’t confidence building in someone’s mind.  Then the objective part that comes from fittings with the adjustability of clubs these days. A certain loft but tweaked a bit to optimize numbers versus a loft and head combo generated by algorithm.

For shafts the feel may not be what one likes. 

THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE, AND P T BARNUM WASN'T EVEN TALKING ABOUT GOLF.

If it’s only “stock shafts”, I haven’t been fitted to a stock shaft in 10 fittings. Hmm

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

If it’s only “stock shafts”, I haven’t been fitted to a stock shaft in 10 fittings. Hmm

I'm not sure that it's only stock shafts. In the OP, it shows a M4 with a Tensi Pro Orange. That isn't a stock shaft for the M4. I don't know if it's just a rendering of the results, or an actual fitting result. 

But yeah, like @jlukes said, this isn't meant for forum golfers, it is meant much more for weekend warriors that don't know the first thing about club fitting. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

"Without swinging a club"   Okay, where is the fun in that???

Cobra AMP 8.5* driver (sometimes swap for Cobra Speedzone driver)

Cobra Speedzone 3 WD, 19* hybrid

Driving iron 18*

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4 - PW

Cleveland 588 gap wedge 52*

Scotty Cameron futura putter (sometimes Ping Zing anniversary edition, or TP mills blade)

“Now imagine it being guaranteed to outperform what you currently own,” is what keeps throwing me off and thinking it’s for everyone.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm skeptical. For a good while we've been told that in-person clubfittings are really valuable in finding the proper combination of clubhead and shaft and flex and length and lie.  And now we're simply be able to input some data while sitting at our desk at home and get a fitting that is as good or better?  I took a quick look, and didn't proceed far enough to see what data we'll need to have available, but this just seems to be a stretch.  I'll be interested to read the reviews.

We actually have an official review up of TGF without the shaft portion in it.  You have to remember that TGF, as mentioned, is for the person who doesn't go through fittings.  It is for the consumer that wants to just walk into the store, grab it off the rack, and go.  It is not aimed at the gear heads, like most of us on this forum.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/26375-official-forum-review-truegolffit-and-global-golf-u-try/

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Humm, when is something to good to be true?

This simple approach to fitting depends upon the accuracy of the responses by the player. A quality in person fitting makes all this subjective opinion into real time data as well as allowing for the feel/look to be factored into this $400-500 purchase. 

Anxiety is contagious, please keep yours to yourself ... 

22 hours ago, jlukes said:

Again, this tool isn't supposed to replace a full fitting or be for us equipment nerds. It's for the average golf consumer that has known interest in a full fitting.

Understood, but how does it know "my swing" in order to put me in a club?

I get that it doesn't take the place of a true fitting. I just don't understand how it works if I can't give specific data because I don't know what to tell it?

Edited by silver & black

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

Understood, but how does it know "my swing" in order to put me in a club?

I get that it doesn't take the place of a true fitting. I just don't understand how it works if I can't give specific data because I don't know what to tell it?

You're going to get out of it what you put in to it.  Basically it is going to ask for some data on how you swing and you will input the answers.  The better the answer you can provide the better the result is going to be for you.  Handicap, swing speed, angle of attack, swing tempo, then it will give you an answer.  There is also an Expert model where instead of a range of answers you will input more specific numbers.

The catch here is that you will need to know what those numbers are for your swing.  If you are just shooting in the dark on how fast you actually swing and what your AoA is you might as well stand in front of the used bin at your local golf store, close your eyes and pick one.

In my opinion this will never replace an in person quality club fitting.  But like jlukes said this isn't for the customer who already get's fit for their clubs.  It's for the guy who walks in to a golf store, hits a couple drivers and walks out with whichever one struck their fancy that day. 

Invest a little time to get your numbers and this will be better than a shot in the dark.  But if you are serious about golf I'm always going to recommend a session with a quality club fitter.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried it a couple weeks ago and am very disappointed.  The driver recommendation was a Srixon Z765 which, as best I can tell is two years old and no longer available new.  There was no recommendation on shaft flex or loft.  I have twice tried to contact them by the message button on their website, but no response.  There is no phone or email listed on the website. They offer a 60 day guarantee, but no way to contact them.  I only pissed away $7, but  I am very disappointed that MyGolfSpy had recommend this without more research or at least a disclaimer that it had not been checked out.

I too was recommended the Z765 and this driver is awesome you have many adjustments as far as loft to play with and can even set it up closed or open I am very happy with my purchase based on the recommendation and was happy to spend 120 used online to put it in the bag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Well, I tried it a couple weeks ago and am very disappointed.  The driver recommendation was a Srixon Z765 which, as best I can tell is two years old and no longer available new.  There was no recommendation on shaft flex or loft.  I have twice tried to contact them by the message button on their website, but no response.  There is no phone or email listed on the website. They offer a 60 day guarantee, but no way to contact them.  I only pissed away $7, but  I am very disappointed that MyGolfSpy had recommend this without more research or at least a disclaimer that it had not been checked out.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, my suggestion is that you read some of the threads on the tool and what the current version offered. Without data for the new heads it may be impossible to recommend 2019 equipment since the algorithms have no data to evaluate against. Hopefully Adam or someone associated with the trufit website will see your post and respond directly to you.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG