TESTERS WANTED! ×

$90 for doz golf balls???

tony@CIC

New golf ball company, Clear, introduces a new line of golf balls that cost $90. doz but you can only get 1 doz unless you become a member for $1,200. Had to check my calendar is make sure today wasn't April 1st! 

https://www.golf.com/equipment/2018/12/21/clear-golf-balls-most-expensive/

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

21 minutes ago, Middler said:

There’s always a smaller market for the expense account and conspicuous consumption crowds, and they’re relatively recession proof. Exclusivity is an expected hallmark, so membership is all part of the “allure” - after all anyone can buy a box of Pro V1’s...nothing special.

Yup - and you can shank that "Clear" ball into the woods with PXG irons just as well as with a used set from Goodwill. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Heard guys on PGA Tour radio talking about how these were the best balls on the market. A current Pro was on and gave them a lot of credit for a win he had. Turns out, they’re both sponsored, so these are free. Freaking joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just guessin' that they won't be sending a sleeve of these to the MGS Lab for independent testing. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Are the "Red" & "Black" models a coincidence? Or do these come out of the same plant that produces Snell?🤔😝

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Are the "Red" & "Black" models a coincidence? Or do these come out of the same plant that produces Snell?
Almost all of companies have a red and black numbered model to delineate their top tier tour balls. I believe TaylorMade was the first to use Red and Black in the name

Jlukes is probably right about red and black in the name being first used by TaylorMade but it goes back much further than that when red numbers on a ball meant 90 compression and black numbers meant 100 compression.

It’s been that way for many years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Yeah... hard pass

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I would LOVE these exclusive, high dollar equipment companies if they were made in America. I know it says he's trying but still, I hear China and I think cheap. It would justify the price to me.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Anyone else notice a potential wallhanger in the article?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, jlukes said:
2 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:
Are the "Red" & "Black" models a coincidence? Or do these come out of the same plant that produces Snell?emoji848.pngemoji13.png

Almost all of companies have a red and black numbered model to delineate their top tier tour balls. I believe TaylorMade was the first to use Red and Black in the name

Thanks Bud! Indeed, I have seen that now with several now that you mention it. Must be a kind-of industry "standard" I suppose. Was just mainly being flippant though...😏

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2018 at 6:25 PM, Brewmaster said:

I would LOVE these exclusive, high dollar equipment companies if they were made in America. I know it says he's trying but still, I hear China and I think cheap. It would justify the price to me.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Pretty sure they're not made in China, and they want to move their production to the US.

If this companies marketing group had their stuff in one sock, they'd have already reached out and offered to send a free trial sleeve to every MGS forum member... just sayin.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

There isn't any information in anything I've read on these balls that has convinced me to buy them.  "Secret sauce" is code for "scam" in my book.  And "exclusive membership" is only "exclusive" to the point of if you can afford $1,200 for golf balls.  Frankly, "exclusive" can be applied to anything by that definition.  It's like when they brand a vehicle "Limited".  Well, duh, every vehicle on earth is "limited" to however many the manufacturer can make.  Even the base model Toyota or Honda is "limited" because eventually those guys will stop making that car either by year or model.  I'd have more respect for vehicles that say "Limited" if they just put a logo on the back that said, "Overpriced" or "Expensive".

A golf ball is a consumable item that you essentially throw away, either by hitting it where you can't retrieve it, or by destroying the ball to the point where you need to throw it out.  Putting a business model spin on this and charging a ridiculous price brings to mind the words of P.T. Barnum where he said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

50 minutes ago, GSwag said:

There isn't any information in anything I've read on these balls that has convinced me to buy them.  "Secret sauce" is code for "scam" in my book.  And "exclusive membership" is only "exclusive" to the point of if you can afford $1,200 for golf balls.  Frankly, "exclusive" can be applied to anything by that definition.  It's like when they brand a vehicle "Limited".  Well, duh, every vehicle on earth is "limited" to however many the manufacturer can make.  Even the base model Toyota or Honda is "limited" because eventually those guys will stop making that car either by year or model.  I'd have more respect for vehicles that say "Limited" if they just put a logo on the back that said, "Overpriced" or "Expensive".

A golf ball is a consumable item that you essentially throw away, either by hitting it where you can't retrieve it, or by destroying the ball to the point where you need to throw it out.  Putting a business model spin on this and charging a ridiculous price brings to mind the words of P.T. Barnum where he said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

But you would field test a free sleeve of them right? 😁 Yea, I agree, this has that something's fishy thing going on.  I'll be looking for one in the bushes to test unless Clears VP of Marketing happens to be a MGS member and takes the golden opportunity seriously.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Why on Earth would you pay $1200 for the privilege of buying golf balls with "secret sauce" for $90 a dozen? Sounds like a deal for the rich and bewildered 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

9 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Why on Earth would you pay $1200 for the privilege of buying golf balls with "secret sauce" for $90 a dozen? Sounds like a deal for the rich and stupid.  😁😎

Fixed it for ya. 😉

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

This is pure marketing mumbo jumbo at its best. Most will justify the $90 just to try just in case they really are great and will never go for the $1200 membership fee. Others in the exclusive mega rich world will buy these and join for the pure exclusive factor no matter if they are good or not.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived