Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
Thin2win

Shiny is my favorite color: 2019 equipment

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As good as the JGR driver has been.  I can't wait to try the TS2 and G410.  And accompanying FW's. 

This has probably been the most excited I’ve been for a release cycle in awhile. With the 3 brands I lean towards either already being out (titleist) and 2 coming (TM and Ping) plus the interest in Mizunos new driver fircthe first time ever, is going to be a fun demo period to find out what replaces my 917 fw and of anything can get the g400 drive and hybrid out of the bag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As good as the JGR driver has been.  I can't wait to try the TS2 and G410.  And accompanying FW's. 

Do you even need to answer? Aside from, "I will try, and buy everything"! 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GB13 said:

Do you even need to answer? Aside from, "I will try, and buy everything"! 

I almost went with that reply. But I figured I spice it up a bit. 

Oh yeah, RickyBobby mentioned the Mizuno ST190, add that to the list as well.  

• Like 1

I got some swings in with the F9 w/ hzrdus smoke. Likely not the right shaft for me but the driver sounds really nice!20181222_153008.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got some swings in with the F9 w/ hzrdus smoke. Likely not the right shaft for me but the driver sounds really nice!20181222_153008.thumb.jpeg.260a0cf8b8e60933e7bc5603366ce5e7.jpeg

If it works, it works, but computer veterans might remember that Windows 3.1 had a theme called "Hot Dog Stand."

6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86d4df2970b-pi.png.939bf27105f8a4894138d203a2cc99fe.png

I think you can see where this is going.

• Like 4

If it works, it works, but computer veterans might remember that Windows 3.1 had a theme called "Hot Dog Stand."
6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86d4df2970b-pi.png.939bf27105f8a4894138d203a2cc99fe.png
Ithink you can see where this is going.
I kind of liked the color scheme to be frank (see what I did there? Hehe), but it'll be released in the white/avalanche also I believe. I'll be going for a fitting and seeing if the hzrdus yellow I usually play may be better, but I'm not going in committed to 1 driver.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2018 at 2:31 PM, blackngold_blood said:

I can't quite put my finger on it but that Yellow Cobra F9 is calling my name!  😉

... Mine too! I am not looking to change anything with the exception of the F9 driver and fairway wood. I am extremely happy with my F8 but with Cobra's new offerings I have to channel the opening scene in Dirty Harry "Hey man, I gots ta know!" and since Rickie, Lexi and Bryce all put the F9 in their bags immediately, it must be pretty special. Pro's don't always add the newest drivers to their bags and certainly don't do it immediately, usually waiting for the off season to make a change. 

... I am also looking forward to seeing if the Cleveland RTX-3 wedges with some perimeter weighting improves my wifes short game. High bounce 56* she uses from sand and starting to use around the green and mid bounce 52* she uses for fun shots and some pitches. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Mine too! I am not looking to change anything with the exception of the F9 driver and fairway wood. I am extremely happy with my F8 but with Cobra's new offerings I have to channel the opening scene in Dirty Harry "Hey man, I gots ta know!" and since Rickie, Lexi and Bryce all put the F9 in their bags immediately, it must be pretty special. Pro's don't always add the newest drivers to their bags and certainly don't do it immediately, usually waiting for the off season to make a change. 

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Especially Bryson with all the science he puts into everything, I would have thought it would have taken him all off season before putting it in play.  That to me is more telling then the couple wins on tour already!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 12:40 AM, Apolloshowl said:

I would have to say I have two. One which just really intrigues me and one I would actually look into buying.
That being the Mizuno hot metal pro, which apparently is coming and I think could be a great addition to the lineup. Will it be something that competes in the players distance category? Maybe vs i500 and such. However either way I'll be sticking with my i210. It's simply a category that I really enjoy looking into!
Second would be the g410 range. Mainly driver and if they do anything with a newer crossover. Definitely really high on my list to test and potentially purchase!

Hot Metal Pro? Oh my I feel a little faint....

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Hot Metal Pro? Oh my I feel a little faint....

I was listening to a txg video and Ian mentioned it. Don't remember his exact words, but someone asked about them being a potential and he said no not potentially it's a definite product coming. Almost as if he had seen them already.

• Like 1

Hot metal pro is 100% coming. Mizunos entry into the player's distance iron category

• Like 1