Shiny is my favorite color: 2019 equipment

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So true.  I told our Titleist rep at the show, that I hate him as he was showing me the black AP3's 😝

Lol. You weren’t the only one he got at the show. Our ex instructor ordered a set

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it works, it works, but computer veterans might remember that Windows 3.1 had a theme called "Hot Dog Stand." I think you can see where this is going.    

Well when the rep makes an offer out of the blue thst you can't refuse.  You take one for the team.  Now I'm not saying I expect these to unseat or be better than the 585 in any way.   But they will b

All of it! I’m not picky, I want to hit all of them! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’m interested in trying the D7 and the Ping 410 irons to see if I can hit the 5 iron well -

Also I will go get my driver shaft checked - I may need a stiffer flex if my speed gains hold and I continue liking the aggressive swing approach.

Finally I want to go for a Titleist ball fitting before deciding on my ball for this season. The TP5x is seriously in the running but I want to hit the new
Titleist and see what the optic yellow looks like off the driver. If i can follow it all the way I may get those when on sale - as they are now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

All those sound like very solid choices.  I'm anxious to play the new ProV.   I am sometimes a bit skeptical on how they can improve such a great ball every two years.   But talking to Mike Mahoney at the show.  He has me convinced 😬

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

For me I have to say the cobra F9 series has me intrigued. After the F8 summer I had I want more and better..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I’m going off the beaten track and going to try a boutique set of wedges.

i keep wanting a new 3-wood, but I really hardly ever hit it, so it’s hard to justify a few$$ for a seldom used club. Especially since the old alpha Bertha 816 can still hit it ok.

i did just get some p790’s tho, so it’s not like I didn’t already do some horse trading...

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

15 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

i keep wanting a new 3-wood, but I really hardly ever hit it, so it’s hard to justify a few$$ for a seldom used club. Especially since the old alpha Bertha 816 can still hit it ok.

i did just get some p790’s tho, so it’s not like I didn’t already do some horse trading...

... I felt the exact same way for quite a few years. My 3 wood was the weakest club in my bag but the F8 changed that. And the F9 is even better. So much so that I look for opportunities to use it now. I think it is a must demo for everyone that is not absolutely in love with their current 3 wood. In the end it may not be any better than what you have now, but the only way to find out is to hit one. 

• Hmmm 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

20 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I felt the exact same way for quite a few years. My 3 wood was the weakest club in my bag but the F8 changed that. And the F9 is even better. So much so that I look for opportunities to use it now. I think it is a must demo for everyone that is not absolutely in love with their current 3 wood. In the end it may not be any better than what you have now, but the only way to find out is to hit one. 

You’re spot on. The 3-wood is my absolutely least favorite club in my bag, and I actually like to hit my 4 iron lay up for my second shot on par 5’s, instead of trying to go for it with the 3-wood. I’d rather have a 50ish yd chip from the short grass, than a bunker or heavy rough hack. I have about a 5% trust in it...

thats bad...

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

On 2/2/2019 at 7:28 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So true.  I told our Titleist rep at the show, that I hate him as he was showing me the black AP3's 😝

I'm a sucker for black irons. I had a set of Adam's CB2s and have always liked the look since. 

I think you should definitely get them. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12°

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 21.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

I’m pretty content with my bag. I’d like to find the perfect ball for persimmon woods this year. I’ve been trying low compression, high compression, urethane, ionomer, etc., and am still looking.

And I’ll gladly throw my name into the mix for a MGS review opportunity of the Finn Cycle.

I already get some weird looks at my club with my persimmon woods, if I roll up like Arthur Fonzarelli on a motorcycle with a golf bag sticking out it will really open some eyes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter