Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MGS App

tony@CIC

Can we get the full profile info back on the app. Everything but post count disappeared several months ago.

Also add different emojis so we have more than just a like button.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

One of the more recent 'bugs" on the App is the Trending button. While in the past it has disappeared, lately it's back. However, there are no posts there and as of yesterday I just had a message under it that states "No Feed". 🧐

9:00 am update: This morning I was going to take a screen shot of it - but the Trending button disappeared. Obviously somethings not working right. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

So the apps are a little trickier than I expected. The look, feel, and functionality is basically totally driven by Tapatalk who hosts them (yes Tapatalk hosts the standalone app too). Our box for change is most likely confined to bugs but not any of the fun features added via the forum upgrade. I've already reached out to them to see what can be done but don't really expect a response until after the holidays. 

I've said it before but I'll continue to preach the good word that the mobile version of the forum is MUCH improved over the previous version and the apps. It's honestly everything you could hope for in an app and more. You get the almost-desktop experience in a package that's easily viewable on a smaller screen. For my money, it's more than the apps ever were or ever will be and I highly recommend everyone give it a try. 

Just access via Chrome, Safari, or whatever other browser you use on your phones and enjoy!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Thanks Stud. It's been a while since I accessed via Chrome - will give it a shot after Christmas.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

12 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

So the apps are a little trickier than I expected. The look, feel, and functionality is basically totally driven by Tapatalk who hosts them (yes Tapatalk hosts the standalone app too). Our box for change is most likely confined to bugs but not any of the fun features added via the forum upgrade. I've already reached out to them to see what can be done but don't really expect a response until after the holidays. 

I've said it before but I'll continue to preach the good word that the mobile version of the forum is MUCH improved over the previous version and the apps. It's honestly everything you could hope for in an app and more. You get the almost-desktop experience in a package that's easily viewable on a smaller screen. For my money, it's more than the apps ever were or ever will be and I highly recommend everyone give it a try. 

Just access via Chrome, Safari, or whatever other browser you use on your phones and enjoy!

I deleted the app and saved a link to my screen like an ap so I just click on it and up comes MGS. I do agree that the mobile is way better than the app or tapatalk I deleted both and just use the website 

On 12/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

This. I was a late convert as well.  But after having many issues with the app the past month.  I deleted it and have been using the mobile version on Forefox and provides all the functions of the desktop that I can see. 

While I still had the app loaded even when I typed the URL into my web browser it still defaulted to the app, so I deleted it. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I need to use the mobile version more often, the app can be frustrating

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Just trying out the mobile version vs the app. I had always used the app until seeing this thread.

So far the mobile version is stellar and I can see I was really missing out. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, TBT said:

I need to use the mobile version more often, the app can be frustrating

look below good sir

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

Just trying out the mobile version vs the app. I had always used the app until seeing this thread.

So far the mobile version is stellar and I can see I was really missing out. 

see we won't lie to you

Another here predominantly been using the app. Didn't like the earlier iteration of the mobile web version - will take a look at the newer one!

Oh yeah - also not too crazy about the latest update to the app.... Appearance is nice but slow to load and for whatever unknown reason(_s) it only displays a limited number of threads under each heading...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

No probs with the app for the iPad, BUT the iPhone app does not have the “Trending” button at all.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

No probs with the app for the iPad, BUT the iPhone app does not have the “Trending” button at all.

The "trending" button disappeared altogether from my iPad app tonight, but when it was there I got a message that said "no feed".

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Where’s the Trending button?

It was here yesterday, why does it randomly disappear ?

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Hi Foz....Barbara checked and he is seeing it. Can you add a screenshot?

download_20181230_091927.jpg

*Barba...(autocorrect...lol!)

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Same thing for me. It comes and goes, weird.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Found it! It magically reappeared tonight.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Wow, that does look a lot cleaner than the last time I tried. I guess I can go ahead and delete the app now.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

This is the only issue I have with the MGS app. It changed the official superspeed forum test thread name to "do not reply"

Running Android Pie on a Pixel 3

Screenshot_20190102-214023.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

This is the only issue I have with the MGS app. It changed the official superspeed forum test thread name to "do not reply"

Running Android Pie on a Pixel 3

Screenshot_20190102-214023.jpg

I had seen similar issues for many of the testing threads that were started in the August/September time frame, particularly the two Bridgestone JGR threads. The notifications in the app would randomly show the original "do not reply" title.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to make the app (mobile version) more like the desktop. What I would like to see is when you click on someones profile you see more stuff. You used to be able to see some info about that person, now it’s pretty much nothing. If you can’t I can live with it.

CobraConnectChallenge3

I'll second this. I used to use the app but after the format change the mobile browser works perfect. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Mobile browser is just as good as the desktop. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

16 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Mobile browser is just as good as the desktop. 

27 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I'll second this. I used to use the app but after the format change the mobile browser works perfect. 

38 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Just visit the forum on the web browser on your phone. The site is optimized for mobile and gives you that full experience 

I’ve never used the mobile browser before, always been a Tapatalk kind of guy. But dang, this mobile browser is niiiice! Going to be using this more often. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

10 minutes ago, TSauer said:

I’ve never used the mobile browser before, always been a Tapatalk kind of guy. But dang, this mobile browser is niiiice! Going to be using this more often. 

Yep. Took me a while to convert as well...with some encouragement from Studque.   It's so much better than the app was. 

I think the only thing missing is being able to see the profiles within a post.   But I can see ow that might clutter the feed and lead to endless scrolling.

For anyone who hasn't tried the mobile full version of the site.  You should do so now! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

31 minutes ago, TSauer said:

It is all I use the app was deleted never to be installed again.

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

It is all I use the app was deleted never to be installed again.

I didn't delete the app, but I sure haven't opened it since I got the mobile browser working properly on my phone.  It's much more like using the actual desktop version.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Archived