What Is The BEST Driver You Have Ever Hit?

After the death of Persimmon, it would be

1)Taylor Made Superquad

2)Titliest 909 D2

3)Adams 9064LS

Adams 9064LS 10.5 R.I.P. Reg. gold eye

Cleveland DST 3 wood (17) Redboard Reg.

Clevelamd DST 7 wood Redboard Reg.

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW Nippon Pro 950 R + 1/2"

Scratch 53* DS

Scratch 60* SS

Cleveland Classic 2 Putter 35

Ping Anser Putter

Scotty Studio Select Newport ( for trade )

Kinda looking for some Srixon 701 Tour heads

Addias Stand bag

Ping USA Staff bag

Srixon TriSpeed Tour & Titleist Pro V1X & Srixon Z Star X

The best driver I've ever hit is the one I got fit for a month ago. A Ping i15.

"Never criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you have their shoes."

Ping Rapture V1 w/ Aldila By You shaft has been in the bag for the longest. I also have a 905T w/ a Prolite shaft. It is a good back up.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

975J

905s

9015d

9032ls Tour Issued

Best ones I've hit in progression. They all found a spot in my bag for a while. I'm debating doing a throwback bag with a steel shafted 975J, DCI 990's, 975 fairways and the TeI3 Longneck.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

There have been a lot of them...but which driver was the best you have ever hit?

My previous driver which I used for over 6 years was a King Cobra SS 350 but I had to find a replacement recently when I realised a serious drop in performance in the driver. Only then I realised the driver face must have flattend over the years and lost much of it's trampoline effect. Fact that it remained in my bag for so long was because I could not find any modern driver that performed substantially better in term of distance and workability.

So I got a TM Superfast which was a hook machine, before I got my current Cleveland DST Tour. What's good about DST Tour is it doesn't hook for me, it hits a nice fade by default, but I can draw it slightly, never in danger of the left side. It is a driver / shaft combo that begs to be hit hard, unlike many of the over sized/length drivers in the market, that I had to baby it to avoid hooking problems.

IMHO DST Tour is the best driver for me at this point in time.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

After the death of my old Power-Bilt persimmon My Hogan CS-5 8 degree Aldila 70 stiff. I have carried it for about 4 years now I have tried others but I always come back. I do have a Wishon 949 MC and i have tried several combinations of shafts in it but it does not hit as well as the Hogan to me. When the Hogan dies or cracks the Wishon will probably be my gamer.

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

Have you hit the G15?

I have hit the G15, and I did notice the face was a little hotter, but it was also comin off with too much spin and too much launch. Maybe if PING made the 7.5 head available to the public, it would be my gamer, but then again I love how workable the i15 is, which is something that was lost a little bit in the G15.

"Never criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you have their shoes."

My Taylormade R510-DF Prototype and the Callaway FT-9 TA that I am playing now are my two favs. But if I had to say one it would be my Taylormade R510-DF Prototype all time biggest yardage gains by far of any driver I ever played period.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I gamed a Mizuno MX560 last year. Tried a Titleist 909d2, Cobra ZL and was fitted for a Ping G15. I choose the G15 to be my gamer this year.

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

• SPY VIP

I think I still have one of those Cobra 350's somewhere around here...that thing won me many of long drive contests....solid driver.

My previous driver which I used for over 6 years was a King Cobra SS 350 but I had to find a replacement recently when I realised a serious drop in performance in the driver. Only then I realised the driver face must have flattend over the years and lost much of it's trampoline effect. Fact that it remained in my bag for so long was because I could not find any modern driver that performed substantially better in term of distance and workability.

So I got a TM Superfast which was a hook machine, before I got my current Cleveland DST Tour. What's good about DST Tour is it doesn't hook for me, it hits a nice fade by default, but I can draw it slightly, never in danger of the left side. It is a driver / shaft combo that begs to be hit hard, unlike many of the over sized/length drivers in the market, that I had to baby it to avoid hooking problems.

IMHO DST Tour is the best driver for me at this point in time.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

Not sure what is it about the SS350, the weight is just right, and the sweet spot is so easy to find. But I'm getting dialed in to my new Cleveland DST Tour. I suspect as long as the driver is well fitted to your swing, any driver can be just as good as others.

But just like putters we eventually develop a love or hate relationship with it.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

There was this cab driver in Vegas that tried to take me through the tunnel, after I specifically asked NOT to be "tunneled"......

That was by far the best "Driver" is ever "hit"..

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

TaylorMade - 580XD TP with a Harmon Tour Design

http://www.putterlounge.com - Website
sales@putterlounge.com

What is in my bag
Putter(s)
Carbon Ringo - 1/4 Long Neck

Irons
Titleist 660 Forged - Matte Black Oxide
KBS Tour X
IOMIC STICKY 2.3 Red / Black

Mizuno MP-32 Asian Model - Satin Chrome
KBS Tour X