Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2011 Scotty Cameron "TOUR RAT" Prototype

GolfSpy_X

They've been talking about a stainless version of the Classic I head for a while, but this is awesome... they took a lot of elements from other putters to make it perfect. Not quite a 009, not quite a BBC... this looks even more refined. With the weights in the sole I think this will be a hit on tour.

looks like more of the same to me. The red in the weights is hideous. I do like the headcover though, but not worth the thousands of dollars it will be going for

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

looks like more of the same to me.

I'd have to agree with that ... a Studio Select with a rodent :rolleyes:

Let's see how many hundreds - or thousands - of "prototypes" will be released and mysteriously already "sold out." :lol:

While I appreciate there are subtle differences between the Newport, the 009, the Classic, etc, does another iteration really deserve to be a big deal? Also, I do not care for the dead rat theme at all. Putter looks really good, it's just not original and I dislike the dead rat.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Dead rat though?

If you put together a dead rat rod, you would probably work a bit more on that car...

At least it still says Titleist...

Scotty cameron hasn't had an original idea.I think his putters are as good as anything out there but for once I would like to hear him thank Karsten Solheim.

bp

Scotty cameron hasn't had an original idea.I think his putters are as good as anything out there but for once I would like to hear him thank Karsten Solheim.

bp

Well everyone who's copied the "ORIGINAL ANSER" should Thank Mr. Solhiem as he's the Original ANSER STYLE PUTTER MAKER/DESIGNER. All others who have any putter that looks anything like an ANSER will forever be called a copier of an original design!! It's a no win situation for any putter designer/maker unless they come out with a complete different design. Scotty Cameron is not the only guy who's copied this design, he just happens to be the "BEST MARKETEER" ever! He putts his little spin with CT stamps and whala you have a 1500-5000 dollar putter. LOL. We all just wish it was ourselves who could have been so lucky to come up with his ideas in making money from SCRAP METAL! Or LIMITED head-covers for special occasions!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Ya, i think a lot of putter makers should thank Mr. Solhiem Sr. for his wonderful design. Its the most pleasing designed that has been around for more than 30 years... Rat looks fab... Never compromise gambler looks even more stunning!..

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know whether scotty uses forged block of steel to mill its putter or cast block of steel? any clues?

Brandern

Titleist 909D Comp 9.5 Matrix Ozik Stiff

Maruman Shuttle i4000x 15 degrees Stiff

Maruman Conductor 5 Wood

Nike SlingShot HL 3 Hybrid

Mizuno MP-62 4-pw

Maruman KS wedges 52 and 58 degrees

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Srixon: Soft feel

The pictures looks good, but in my mind I still think the Studio Select Newport Series is the most classic. The new Tour Rat doesn't look all that much different in pictures compared to Newport.

Anyway I have just ordered a Newport 2.6. Would be nice to be able to get the Tour Rat headcover tho.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Archived