Bushnell or Leupold?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm using the Bushnell 1500 Medalist w/Pin-seeker and it's spot on. I did like the looks of the Leupold from I've seen on the Internet and the brochures I had sent out to me but I haven't seen anyone using one where I play. I'm sure optic wise it should be very clear as they make great rifle scopes. I've been hunting since age 12 and they've always have been very good in that field. If anyone has played with the Leupold I'd love to hear some feedback as well as I'm looking to upgrade.It would be nice to have both to compare the two side by side!!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

While I think a rangefinder provides great accuracy I still prefer using a GPS device on the course. I knwo with my game it always helps to use the GPS as you can't always get distances to the green when your stuck behind a tree :) !

Very happy with a Bushnell 1600 TE right now.........But is was a replacment from Bushnell because the 1500 kept failing.

I would like to try a gps, but I play a few state events and have to stick with the laser.

lee

My Leupold GX-I is nice and simple, and very durable! Outside of 220 yards though, it's pretty light and hard to shoot without your hand shaking. Scanning mode makes life easier though, instead of point and shoot, just hold down and scan until you hit the flag.

Titleist 909D2 | Taylormade r7 Ti | Titleist 909 H 19* | Mizuno MX-300 4-GW - Nippon 1050GH | Vokey SM 56*, 60* | Odyssey Black Series i #9 - UST Frequency Filtered |

I have a Bushnell 1500 w/slope and I think it's fantastic. I much prefer lasers to GPS. I haven't had the opportunity to try a Leupold unit, but there's really nothing I'd change about my Bushnell, so I don't know that I ever will. I'll also add that Bushnell customer service has been impressive. I had a problem with the case that came with mine (zipper broke, I think, it was some years ago), and they sent another case for free, no questions asked.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I bought a Nikon hunting (Monarch 800) version that is the same specs as a Nikon LR800, but it was $100 less than the Callaway/Golf version. Just something to think about. I guess your main concern is optical zoom and water proofing. I have had mine for over 2 years and it still works great.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I've been using a bushnell pinseeker for years with no complaints. I prefer the this over the GPS systems for simplicity and ease of use. Gotta like the point and shoot for your yardage.

I am currently using a Bushnell 1600 TE, but seriously looking at the Leupold GX-4. That this is sexy. Has 2 interchangeable plates that will make it tournament legal, and also have the capacity to provide slope. IT also has the very VERY cool red LED readout.

i-gx4.jpg

I want it

Driver - :taylormade-small:   SIM2 Max 9° Tour MT 6-S   or   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway - :srixon-small: ZX  3 wd. Ventus VeloCore Blue S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Nic, what's the pricetag on that Leupold?

I found it listed for 499.95.

here: http://swfa.com/Leupold-Rangefinders-C514.aspx

Little steep but if it lasts for say 10 years not too bad...lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Does anybody know a specific vendor where you can get great deals on laser rangefinders ? Thanks !

Titleist 909 D2 10.5 s

TM Burner TP 13 deg r

TM R7 16 deg r

Callaway 3 Ibrid 19 deg r

Epon 701 4-PW s

Gauge Design 52, 56 deg s

TM Inza

• SPY VIP

I owned a Bushnell PinSeeker (1500 I think), which I liked right up until the time the laser died. The 2nd time around I bought a tournament legal Leupold (GX-I) (not like I play in tournaments, but it's nice to have options). For the most part they work equally as well, but the Leupold is lighter and features a more ergonomical design which makes the hole point and shoot thing a little easier.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Does anybody know a specific vendor where you can get great deals on laser rangefinders ? Thanks !

What is a "great deal"??

Driver - :taylormade-small:   SIM2 Max 9° Tour MT 6-S   or   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Nic, what's the pricetag on that Leupold?

Suggested is $499.99. Street price should be 450??

What is a "great deal"??

15% less than listed price of other vendors ( excluding shipping ).

Titleist 909 D2 10.5 s

TM Burner TP 13 deg r

TM R7 16 deg r

Callaway 3 Ibrid 19 deg r

Epon 701 4-PW s

Gauge Design 52, 56 deg s

TM Inza

I have a spot, but I do not want to upset the Mods, by plugging my own shop... If it is cool with the powers that be, I will give you the numbers you are looking for...

I have a spot, but I do not want to upset the Mods, by plugging my own shop... If it is cool with the powers that be, I will give you the numbers you are looking for...

I think that should be fine ... at least I don't have a problem with it.

Posted Image