Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best rounds when alone

richsgbox

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they play better when playing solo? The irony is no witnesses and no one to high five. Had a great second shot today, on a par 5 to land 4 ft from the pin. If a tree falls in a forest and no ones there to hear it, does it make a noise?

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm not sure if I've ever played my best rounds alone, because I end up getting bored and hit multiple balls just to kill time while I'm waiting, but, I will say hitting a great individual shot with no witnesses or someone to high-five is a little depressing.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm hot and cold, just like when I play with someone else. I'll play unconscious then the next time like it's my first time swinging a club. 

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I play a lot alone so I have had some really good rounds by myself, but I think that is also because I can play fast and rip around the course. Less thinking time and just go around and hit the first club I think and move on. 

Good example was earlier this summer shot a 76 at a course I'd only played once before. It was stupid dry and ended up going without driver instead played 3 wood and 4 iron off the tee the whole time. I like to play a draw but my swing was giving me a fade so after the first couple holes I just figured this is what I have so let's roll with it and 2 hours later was all finished up. I thanked the guy in the proshop and he looked at me and said you know you paid for 18 and there is more then enough daylight to finish. 

I just chuckled and said I finished my 18. 

Something peaceful about playing alone as well. Finally i210 testing was done alone a lot of the time a gave me a chance to work on a lot of different shots and clubs on different holes. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

32 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

It was stupid dry and ended up going to driver the whole time. 3 wood and 4 iron off the tee the whole time.

I'm confused by these two sentences.  At first you say you ended up going to driver the whole time, and then you said you teed off with either 3 "wood" or 4 iron.

Which was it?

Sorry to threadjack, but this confuses the hell out of me and I hate when I'm confused.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

9 minutes ago, GSwag said:

I'm confused by these two sentences.  At first you say you ended up going to driver the whole time, and then you said you teed off with either 3 "wood" or 4 iron.

Which was it?

Sorry to threadjack, but this confuses the hell out of me and I hate when I'm confused.

Edited the post. No driver for the round. Was only half way through my morning coffee... Should have waited to finish before posting!

Either way alone rounds I think are great and I can see why many would have some of their best rounds alone!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I love playing alone and have had some of my best rounds. Played Torey Pines by myself, playing through 3 groups and it was a blast. Played Grayhawk in AZ and had my closest ever hole in one with a 4-iron on a 187 yard par 3. The first time I've ever wished for the ball NOT to go in, because no one would have believed me.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Do I score best when playing alone?  Yes.

Does this produce the best measure of what level of golfer I am?  No.

I say the above, because the week before a tournament in Orlando I went out and shot even par for 36 holes straight cumulative by myself, walking alone on a mostly deserted course, using my Sunday 6-club bag (Driver/hybrid/7 iron/PW/LW/putter).

I then showed up at the tournament, and granted, it was alternate shot, so I had to rely on my buddy, and play from wherever he hit his shots, but walking off the course for that tournament after shooting 88-85 in that format completely deflated any semblance of confidence I have in my game.  My reaction after leaving that tournament is that I haven't even bothered to pick the clubs up again, except for a Sunday afternoon 9-holes in cold and extremely wet conditions at my parents house this past Sunday, which only reinforced my attitude of I suck at this game, and have no desire to punish myself any further with this BS.

It's extremely humiliating and humbling to go out and get outdriven by teenagers by 50 yards, and to lose to them by about 18 strokes, when the week before your biggest thought on the course was that I needed to make birdie on the last hole to shoot even par for the nine.  Then I get in the tournament and was starting to be extremely thrilled if we made par, because not only was bogey the norm, but I was starting to expect it in the 2nd round.

I'm actually sitting here contemplating a membership for next year to a local course five minutes from my house, but the biggest reason I am hesitant to do it, is because I know that 95-99% of my rounds there will be as a single.  Sure, I can go out and do that and keep my game in form, but I know deep down that unless I am competing in tournaments I'll never truly know the full measure of my game, because the scores are so much higher in that format.

So the short answer to your question is, sure I can score much lower by myself, but honestly, what's the point of doing that if you can't replicate the results with witnesses when there is money on the line?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I know a lot of people are more comfortable playing along and relax. There is no one to judge good or bad and you play well. The key is getting into that mind frame when you play with others. Who cares what they think. You know the shots you can hit.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I always shoot 4-5 under when alone. 😉

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I only play solo, with the time constraints I have in golf I can't get a regular group together. I have 2 little kids and have dedicated Monday as my day to play. I have to work a half day and rush to the course so it's a little inconsistent as to what time I can play. To answer your question, yes I play "better" by myself. The hardest thing is when I do play with someone else the mental adjustment I have to make is very difficult and usually play awful because I'm trying too hard. It's something I'm going to try and work on in 2019. I'm gonna ask random strangers on the course to play rather than isolating myself.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

I enjoy playing alone occasionally but play much better with other people. My best two rounds 66,68 were in competitions of some sort. I’m more focused in those situations.

I can’t even recall what scores I’ve shot when playing alone. I seriously doubt that any of my rounds in the 60’s were alone.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 hours ago, richsgbox said:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they play better when playing solo? The irony is no witnesses and no one to high five. Had a great second shot today, on a par 5 to land 4 ft from the pin. If a tree falls in a forest and no ones there to hear it, does it make a noise? emoji848.png

I've had some of my best rounds playing solo.  Most recent was a 76 in Montana. I'll chalk it up to being a bit more focused and possibly the lack of competition - sometimes a detraction.  That said, my best round ever was playing a twosome with a total stranger, who was a very good golfer and I was trying to keep up with him. While I was making better than average shots, it was my putting that day that yielded the 74.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

My lowest round ever was when I was a single. I got into a rhythm and it kept going the whole round, but in tournaments and other rounds with folks, I’ve come close. I don’t score as well when it’s just “for fun” with others, but in tournaments, I can get it going because of the intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

My game is streaky (*cough* inconsistent) whether I play alone or with others. It really doesn't matter to me who I'm playing with. I just play the shots I know I can, and don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't care  if you want to try to drive the 300 yard green, shank it into the woods and make triple, while I lay up and hit wedge to 10 feet, and walk away with birdie or par. Whether I'm playing with someone or not, I'll shoot in a range of 70-82ish but that's just where my game is right now. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My best (and worst) rounds come when I play with people.  When I play alone, I never keep score.  It's just a practice round, and I will hit multiple balls depending on the shot and lie I have.  

Several years ago before I joined my current course, I used to play a lot of rounds alone and kept score.  I found that it gave me a false sense of "golf ability".  So I quit keeping score.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I play solo all the time even when I play my best it's solo or with random people I don't know. My best round or 94 was with three people I never met before and didn't care what they thought all I did was laugh at them getting mad after every shot. So solo or with random people I try too hard with people I know.

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

My lowest round ever was when I was a single. I got into a rhythm and it kept going the whole round, but in tournaments and other rounds with folks, I’ve come close. I don’t score as well when it’s just “for fun” with others, but in tournaments, I can get it going because of the intensity.

... For many golfers I think this is the key. I love playing alone on an empty course because I can get in a rhythm not only with my swing but also my walking pace which keeps me loose. The opposite is true when playing alone on a crowded course as I get stiff waiting and have to slow my walking rate so I just don't stand there waiting. 

... The same is true when playing with a group that moves well. It is much more difficult when playing with a high index player that may take 2 to 5 shots before I can hit my second shot with a lot of walking and stopping, walking and stopping without taking a swing. So as long as things move at a consistent pace I find it easier to play well. 

... All that said, I have had some very enjoyable rounds with high index players that take me out of my rhythm and while I won't be shooting under par, I can still shoot a low round and spend the day on a golf course with interesting people that really enjoy the game. Which is one of the things I love so much about this game. I play a ton as a single when away from home and every day is different.  I never know if I am gonna have a competitive day and shoot in the 60's or spend the day with new "friends" sharing an experience with people from all over the world. At this point in my life, I would rather spend the day with interesting, fun people and shoot a 76 than spend the day alone on an empty course and shoot a 66. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I play alone a lot especially during the week....I tend to play better alone because there are no distractions and I can get rolling and I’m not waiting to hit my next shot

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

7 hours ago, GSwag said:

Do I score best when playing alone?  Yes.

Does this produce the best measure of what level of golfer I am?  No.

I

I play better alone ass well since I'm not trying to outdo everyone else. When I play with others, I try to be the first one on the tee box, since as competitive as I am, I always try to hit longer drives than the others and the result is not good. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I play solo a ton due to my work schedule but manage a round every so often with others. Not sure I play better solo or not, but I do play much better when at a certain pace of play. 

If Im xarting aolo and following 2some or even a 3some in carts, my game is spot on ao I try not to play through. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I played the best 9 of my life while playing alone one evening,  I was behind a group that was playing super annoyingly slow and would not let me play through as they were part of bigger group.   I took my time and really thought about my next shot and where I wanted to aim and the result I wanted .. and it actually worked.  

Rather than becoming frustrated by the slow play I just rolled with it and was rewarded. 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

On 12/27/2018 at 8:56 AM, GSwag said:

So the short answer to your question is, sure I can score much lower by myself, but honestly, what's the point of doing that if you can't replicate the results with witnesses when there is money on the line?

I think this would be a great topic.  How do you get better at TOURNAMENT golf?  I have a couple of trophies on the shelf for member-guests and parent-child tournaments, but I've probably finished DFL in little events as many times as I've won.  I'd love to hear from some of our real competitors like @KCLeo12   or @jacustomgolf to find out what they do to keep from puking on their shoes.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:48 PM, chisag said:

... For many golfers I think this is the key. I love playing alone on an empty course because I can get in a rhythm not only with my swing but also my walking pace which keeps me loose. The opposite is true when playing alone on a crowded course as I get stiff waiting and have to slow my walking rate so I just don't stand there waiting. 

... The same is true when playing with a group that moves well. It is much more difficult when playing with a high index player that may take 2 to 5 shots before I can hit my second shot with a lot of walking and stopping, walking and stopping without taking a swing. So as long as things move at a consistent pace I find it easier to play well. 

... All that said, I have had some very enjoyable rounds with high index players that take me out of my rhythm and while I won't be shooting under par, I can still shoot a low round and spend the day on a golf course with interesting people that really enjoy the game. Which is one of the things I love so much about this game. I play a ton as a single when away from home and every day is different.  I never know if I am gonna have a competitive day and shoot in the 60's or spend the day with new "friends" sharing an experience with people from all over the world. At this point in my life, I would rather spend the day with interesting, fun people and shoot a 76 than spend the day alone on an empty course and shoot a 66. 

Rhythm is the key.  I played one of my best rounds this year alone, with the course basically to myself.  It wasn't so much that I was alone, but I never had to wait on a shot.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I joined the club and for the first few months playing and practicing alone was pretty awesome but it gets old really quick. Golf sucks when you hit a great shot and no one witnessed it. I listen to my audible when I play so I don’t think about how to play and just play. 

Best score even par.  8 under thru 14 and 8 over the last 4 holes. Ain’t life grand. 

On 12/27/2018 at 6:50 AM, revkev said:

I enjoy playing alone occasionally but play much better with other people. My best two rounds 66,68 were in competitions of some sort. I’m more focused in those situations.

I can’t even recall what scores I’ve shot when playing alone. I seriously doubt that any of my rounds in the 60’s were alone.

I envy you, pulling something out under pressure like that. I can shoot par or under all day at my club but put a quarter per hole and I’d be shooting 5 over easily. That’s why they call me dr Heimlich:). Though, I’ve been getting better under pressure but nowhere near my what I wish I could be. 

There’s something to say about people who can reach down and pull out something like that in golf, kudos rev!

Without a doubt I play my best rounds when I’m alone. As a matter of fact my scores are directly related to the number of folks in my group as well as pace of play. I have a group I play with every Sunday who routinely plays 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hour rounds of golf. We play four times a month and 50 times a year. Over a three year period with them my handicap is an 8. In that same three year period I played an additional round a week at a handicap of 1.6. Rounds outside the group were usually late in the afternoon walking solo rounds played in under 3 hours. I keep all my rounds on my phone using SwingU so this is not guess work on my part. I have real stats.

Where do I see the biggest fall off and or improvement? Putting! Far and above I’m a much better putter when I don’t have to wait on three or four other dudes to complete their lonnnnnnnnng routines. If I can drop my bag, line my putt up while walking to my ball then immediately execute the shot without a lot of thought I’m significantly better at making putts from all distances.

Second to putting is my proficiency decline on Par 3s while playing in big groups with long wait times. If I shoot 8 over par at least half of those strokes come from Par 3 holes alone. When I’m by myself Par 3s are played to a 2.8 average. In a big group I play them to a 3.6.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they play better when playing solo? The irony is no witnesses and no one to high five. Had a great second shot today, on a par 5 to land 4 ft from the pin. If a tree falls in a forest and no ones there to hear it, does it make a noise?

I tend to have my best scores when playing match play or in a team format where I'm not thinking about score. I know there's a lesson in there about getting out of your own way and staying in the present but I've only been golfing for 35 years so haven't really absorbed it yet

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I think the reason most people play better by themselves is that there is no worry about someone seeing your bad shots. There isn't any pressure. 2 months ago I was playing with 2 guys and playing very well. I was -5 thru 12 and they quit playing so I played the final holes by myself. I birdied 17 to get to -7 and had a putt on 18 for the course record and I was so glad it didn't go in because I had nobody there to watch the last 6 holes.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I have pulled off some amazing shots when alone. It gives you the freedom to experiment (or at least drop another one to experiment). However, I play best when paired up with three complete strangers that know their way around a course. I never want to be that guy they later reminisce about that sucked so bad they thought someone paid me to be comic relief. So, I end up playing “smart” golf and card a better score.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

Archived