Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

"MyGolfSpy Labs" - Coming Soon?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Here is a sneak-peak at something (Spy X & Spy T) have been discussing for quite some time.

Just been working on the logo tonight for the possible new part of the site and wanted to see what you guys thought!

P.S.- Will have more details for you soon...

1-1-mygolfspy-labs-1.gif

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Thanks fellas...I actually really like this one. I rarely like many of my photoshop creations. I rarely get much time to devote to them any more with the amount of time i spend on other projects. But last night this one came to me pretty quick.

Still need slogan ideas for the "lab" so if you guys have any ideas feel free to post them.

#TruthDigest

I think what you already have - "golf equipment mysteries ... solved!" works nice.

You could also try:

myth-busting golf equipment

empirical info to balance out the Kool Aid

mad science for mad golfers

• SPY VIP

"Our reactions to golf's products."

"Exploring the Elements of Golf"

"Distilling the Solutions of Golf"

"Not all Reactions are up to Par"

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Here is a second suggestion. I suggested it to Golf Digest, but no surprise, then new called. It's not really equipment related though.

Is the second golfer REALLY better.

Hit the same shot twice, and see what the second golfer scores compared to the first.

"Our reactions to golf's products."

"Exploring the Elements of Golf"

"Distilling the Solutions of Golf"

"Not all Reactions are up to Par"

I'd go with any one of these. Good slogans! Or maybe...

"exploring the tools of golf". Instead of elements.

Really liking the Logo! You guys have really come up with some great ideas. I hope I can help more in the future.

" See what the Golf equipment makers have been brewing"

" Golf Club experiments going MAD"

" Let Us Break down Newton's Law"

" Let Facts take care of Fiction"

"Scientific Data, put a Spin on Things"

" From COR to COG LET MGS collect the DATA"

" Golf Science with Substance"

" Discover the Truth about Equipment"

" Collecting Equipment Data to Give you the Facts"

I'll keep trying....

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

+1

"Are they really that much worse?"

Man.... can you imagine if they end up being the same... or heaven forbid... better. I don't think the OEMS would ever speak to MGS again if that happened, and they published the results. I personally don't think that would be the case though (that the knockoffs would be as good).

Man.... can you imagine if they end up being the same... or heaven forbid... better. I don't think the OEMS would ever speak to MGS again if that happened, and they published the results. I personally don't think that would be the case though (that the knockoffs would be as good).

It is one of the most popular question asked on golf forums and finally getting an answer would be awesome. I also think it would force the golf magazines to preform their own test. The OEMs can't cut everybody off if the results aren't good for them. Plus can you imagine the buzz it would create for MGS and golf in general.

Would it be possible though to look at the "clone" clubs that I'm pretty sure are legal rather than straight out counterfeit clubs. What would be the legal ramifications of even promoting the use of those clubs as an official position for a legitimate site like this one. I think it's a great idea though either way.

Would it be possible though to look at the "clone" clubs that I'm pretty sure are legal rather than straight out counterfeit clubs. What would be the legal ramifications of even promoting the use of those clubs as an official position for a legitimate site like this one. I think it's a great idea though either way.

I thought about the clones also how about a 3 way comparison? as for the legal part I can't see the OEMs being that upset if they are better and it will deal a blow to the counterfeit club makers since any search would direct people here. We would have to wait and see what happens if the counterfeit

Sounds Great

A good slogan "Intregrity and truth in testing"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I like the mythbusters idea, "keeping golf companies honest", or at least their marketing department.

On the driver shaving topic I'd like to know the before COR, if you took 5 heads of the same club, same loft and checked its real loft, weight and COR to see how accurate quality control is.

Archived