Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Custom Gold's Factory

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

More for aesthetics and show of craftsmanship really.

Ok, so what are the red things? Are they simply aesthetic or do they change the weight/feel? Clean looking stick overall.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Each putter is made by hand so you can get whatever you can almost imagine from Gold's.

Cool. I appreciate the quick response. I assume these come in a rainbow of colors as a custom option?

#TruthDigest

Just have to say looks very nice and refined. Like the aesthetics as well. Even though it looks similar... but we can say that about almost every putter maker. Once you have an Answer style putter there's really not much left to do except, stamping,drilling,beaching and necks. Other then using different materials what else is there? the style is the answer originated by PING! all others are just really honoring a great style. JMO

Tim

PS: just wanted to add. Do you think by say using different materials ie.brass,tungsten,copper, aluminum or even polymers in those ports, could it change sound which in turn would effect feel? JAT

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Just have to say looks very nice and refined. Like the aesthetics as well. Even though it looks similar... but we can say that about almost every putter maker. Once you have an Answer style putter there's really not much left to do except, stamping,drilling,beaching and necks. Other then using different materials what else is there? the style is the answer originated by PING! all others are just really honoring a great style. JMO

Tim

PS: just wanted to add. Do you think by say using different materials ie.brass,tungsten,copper, aluminum or even polymers in those ports, could it change sound which in turn would effect feel? JAT

Good point on the tone/feel. The craftsmanship in the putter really does stand out, bumpers are clean clean clean.

Maybe the spinning of the disks at impact will separate it from the masses of ansers and newports.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

It does seem like that until you start to design some putters and you see all the small changes that make a big difference. For example when Scotty was first hitting thr tour scene he saw a lot of people putting with an Anser putter and thought how can I improve on this putter. Well his might look somewhat similar but his design was a major improvement for the tour players.

He went to them and asked them what they did not like about the Anser and many of them said the same thing...that it did not set-up square at address in different positions. So Scotty went and refined small things to the sole that most putter designers don't even know to this day that allowed the putter to set-up square no matter how you addressed it. And this is just a minor change that just by looking at the putter you would never see.

So there are things that can be improved on it and actually still can be improved on it. But to the average golfer they would never know the difference.

Tim

#TruthDigest

Archived