TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Heavy Driver! - (by: Boccieri Golf)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Here is the first look at the HeavyPutter (now: Boccieri Golf, because they make more then putters) companies 1st attempt at a driver. Not that big of a fan of the looks of any of the new clubs but with these we will definitely have to test out.

Boccieri-Heavy-Driver-5.jpg

#TruthDigest

I wonder how this will do in today's market. Everything is goin longer and lighter, but this is definitely going against the grain. I think itl either be a big hit or a big miss.

"Never criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you have their shoes."

I think you're right, either people will discover this works and it will be something everyone in the foursome wants, or it will flop. With the marketplace as crowded as it is, and with people being reluctant to stray from the big names (in my experience), I think the odds are on this being a sales flop.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Any specs available yet? Is it really heavy or just the name?

I'm picking it will just have a counterweight in the grip end. They do work, I've tried them, takes a while to sort out which weight suits you though.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

I'm picking it will just have a counterweight in the grip end. They do work, I've tried them, takes a while to sort out which weight suits you though.

I bet it'll be at least a little more heavy in the head as well. They don't want to throw off the swingweight by just adding counterweight, or at least I don't think they do.

From what I could gather, these are not my words.

Counterweighing does not alter the effective swingweight nor will it change the original MOI value of the club since it is at the extreme end of the shaft.

Although the overall weight of the club is increased, the counterweight will not effect club control since the weight is in your hands. This will offset the swingweight by virtue of changing the balance point and make an otherwise head heavy club manageable.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

I use one of their wedges and i love it. I would definately like to try out the driver and irons. I hope mgs does a review on them.They reviewed the heavy wedge and it was excellent as usual

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived