GolfSpy MPR

A thread about Kirke

Spent the closing hours of the evening getting Kirke's new Cobras down to the right size for him. They're supposed to be for kids ages 5-8. Kirke's a pretty average height at 6 (just under 4'), but all these clubs were a good 3" too tall for him. These should be quite a bit better, and (using air) I was able to save all the Cobra grips, which was important to Kirke.
IMG_20190317_212910.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Spent the closing hours of the evening getting Kirke's new Cobras down to the right size for him. They're supposed to be for kids ages 5-8. Kirke's a pretty average height at 6 (just under 4'), but all these clubs were a good 3" too tall for him. These should be quite a bit better, and (using air) I was able to save all the Cobra grips, which was important to Kirke.
IMG_20190317_212910.jpeg

Nice work Dad!!! Lookin' good!!! That IS a fine and proper set right there. Hit them well Kirke!!!!

• Like 1

Sweet set of starters for Kirk!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

This is very typically Kirke: came downstairs in his pajama pants, dog at his heels, getting in some swings with his newly adjusted clubs:
IMG_20190318_080142.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

She is a beautiful pup.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Makes me jealous. I'm not short enough to do full swings in the basement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, edingc said:

Makes me jealous. I'm not short enough to do full swings in the basement!

I'm absolutely with you on this! He can swing any of his clubs, including his SuperSpeed sticks.

I'm also jealous of his swing 🙂

• Like 1

So Kirke and I both did a SkyTrak skills assessment yesterday. I posted about mine here; here's a summary of Kirke's.

We picked yardages that should be within Kirke's range (more on that to come): 10, 25, 40, 55, 70, and 85 yards. Overall, Kirke played this to just over a 20 handicap:

20190319-Skills-assessment.jpg

It's worth noting that, right now, I don't have a projector set up. When SkyTrak asks for a 25 yard shot, there is no visual reference point for that; we simply have to imagine it. I suspect that's harder for Kirke than it is for me.

One really good point: check out it average left/right dispersion: about a foot right of the center line.

If I'm recalling correctly, Kirke used his SW for the 10 and 25 yard shots, his 9 iron for the 40, 7 iron for the 55, and then skipped his hybrid to go directly to his driver for the 70 and 85. Even so, you can see that his driver shots are well short of the target. Right now, we're working to figure that out. Part of it is strike: foot spray shows a heavy tendency to toe strikes. He's also launching it really low, and SkyTrak isn't giving him summer rollout.

But overall, to be six and playing to a 20 handicap is pretty solid stuff, and he's only keep improving with practice (and a projector 🙂).

• Like 1

One of Kirke's swings made the highlight reel for the Little Linksters swing contest. His shows up at 3:30. Lots of very, very impressive kids in this video. https://t.co/uME0TERH8I

The winners are announced on Masters' Sunday.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Yeah go Kirke!!!  Great swings in there but I’m a little biased towards MGS family

• Love 1

Here in my office, watching The Masters with Kirke. He used to sit in my lap to watch golf; he pretty much wants his own chair all the time now. One of those little milestones in parenting. I'm glad, but it'll be something I miss.IMG_20190411_132728.jpeg

• Like 6

And this is too funny not to share: Kirke just referred to Bjerregaard as Cologuard.

Apparently, he's seen the commercial for colon screening a few too many times :-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here in my office, watching The Masters with Kirke. He used to sit in my lap to watch golf; he pretty much wants his own chair all the time now. One of those little milestones in parenting. I'm glad, but it'll be something I miss.IMG_20190411_132728.jpeg.e577c4ddf9a2e1d8a8546a5c361a1a7c.jpeg

This is a great picture! Man you guys look alike

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

The winners of the Little Linkster swing contest were announced today, and Kirke didn't place. The winners in his age group start about 1:35 into the announcement video:

A bit of a bummer, for sure, but still looking forward to eventually getting back on the course.

Spring is coming eventually, so Kirke and I took turns hitting foam balls with driver with foot spray on the face and the swing radar monitoring speed. He was topping out with the driver at 50mph, and he's currently favoring high toe impact.

• Like 1

Here's another sweet shot from Kirke:

• Like 1

New poll. 

At what age does Kirke beat MPR?

HAHA. He has such a great natural swing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

New poll. 

At what age does Kirke beat MPR?

HAHA. He has such a great natural swing. 

9 or 10

• Like 1
  • Haha 1