TESTERS WANTED! ×

Thinking of going to MB

TeamPowers

MB is golfer's heaven...Myrtle Beach. I can give you all the ideas, courses, places you might want to stay..give me an idea of how many people, if you want budget, mid tier, upper tier or high end courses. I have been running group trips there for 14 years now. We are heading down in June and July this year!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I lived there for 5 years (went to college at CCU).

Depends on what you're looking to spend.

If you haven't played in awhile, I highly suggest your first day playing at the Wizard. It's pretty much centrally located, it's a decent links design, and usually in great condition. It's a perfect course to get back into the swing of things when you start out.

Others I suggest are:

Man O'War

The Witch

Tour 18

Caledonia (Pawleys Island)

Tradition

Legends Courses

Heritage

The Dunes (not the Grande Dunes --- although I've never played it before)

Tidewater

If I could play any 5 I would probably play:

Barefoot Landing - Fazio

Caledonia

Heritage

Tidewater

The Dunes

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I'd headed down in 2 weeks (CAN'T WAIT!), and I will have a full report when I get back. What I can tell you is that I booked my trip through Brian Noblin and it was a great deal. Very friendly and he got us a great price, much better than what the resort quoted us.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'd headed down in 2 weeks (CAN'T WAIT!), and I will have a full report when I get back. What I can tell you is that I booked my trip through Brian Noblin and it was a great deal. Very friendly and he got us a great price, much better than what the resort quoted us.

That is who I book with also! He's a great guy, and you never have to worry about anything when you use him.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I'm very pleased to hear that, not that I expected anything different. We're playing 6 courses in 6 days. I can't wait to see all this snow in my rearview mirror.

My friends were down there 2nd week in Feb, and snowed on them at True Blue, and the following day was a "snow out" at Caladonia. They said Master's welcomed them early though!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

My friends were down there 2nd week in Feb, and snowed on them at True Blue, and the following day was a "snow out" at Caladonia. They said Master's welcomed them early though!

Master's welcomes anybody at anytime :rolleyes:

So does Murphy's Law.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

On a 4 night trip, 3 nights at Master's is our usual. It's rough on the pockets, and thighs too!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Archived