Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Another TV Viewer Gets Harrington DQ'ed!

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

What are your thoughts about TV viewers calling in against rule violations. Seems to be the fad this year.

Would you feel like a douche for costing someone the tournament for something like this video?

#TruthDigest

Unbelievable. As if the R&A and USGA are even listening to call-in viewers. It's getting stupid.

Titleist 910D2 9.5 | PX HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow 75
Titleist 915F 16.5* | Aldila Rogue Black 80
Srixon Z U65 20* | Mitsubishi OT 105
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4 | Project X LZ 6.0
Mizuno MP-15 5-P | Project X LZ 6.0
Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.10S | TT DG S200

Vokey SM7 58.12D | TT DG S200
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 350g

What are your thoughts about TV viewers calling in against rule violations. Seems to be the fad this year.

Would you feel like a douche for costing someone the tournament for something like this video?

UNLESS the PGA Tour has an "Official" Instant replay policy like the NFL, NHL or any other major professional sport broadcast evidence should not be a ruling of DQ for a player. I don't know if the Tour has an official policy or not, never heard ever that there was one.

Can you see a mm of movement with the naked eye? It actually looks like the ball moves less in slow motion, perhaps half of a dimple of insignificance, it looks more like it returns to it's original spot to me than it moved forwards. Some rules! Viewer calls should be out of bounds!

This is the only sport in the world that I'm aware of that allows the viewing public to determine outcomes. Ridiculous! Nobody phones in on the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, MLS so why do they allow it in Golf? Thoughts.

Doesn't Golf cherish the memory of Bobby Jones calling a penalty on himself for a ball movement that he was the only witness of ? Did we not celebrate the golfer who called a penalty on himself and thereby doomed himself to another year at Q school, or that golfer who called a penalty on himself for moving what was literally a blade of grass on his back swing in a hazard ? Are these people no longer admired for their honesty ?

The rules are clear. The complaint, if you feel it needed, should be against the rule that has been in place for many more years than we have lived, not against the observer who knew the rules and saw the violation.

Shambles

I agree this is getting ridiculous two dqs the first 3 weeks of the season.I understand the rules but I cant believe viewers can get these guys disqualified.

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Whata disappointment 4 Paddy he's as honest as they come if he had actually thought he moved the ball from its spot he would hav repositioned it, its not like he gained any advantage from it, he has called penalties on himself in the past the R&A really need 2 look in2 some of these out dated rules and make some tweaks so some common sense can prevail and end any negative press the game has been getting over the past year about rule infringements.Instead now the positives have been over shadowed like the return to form of Harrington after 2 years of struggling with swing changes and poor form or another great performance by Kaymer who is continuing where he left off last year and looking for his 3rd win at this competition.But true to the character of the man he is Paddy was up beat and light hearted about the situation at the aftermath press conference and instead of contending going in2 the weekend he will be given instruction to golf clinics for kids,credit to the man.

Obviously he didnt notice or he would have said some thing. As far as calling in, just sit down and worry about the rules you break. If PH truly didnt notice and none of his playing partners notice or official's the guys calling in need to shut the *%^& up. Yeah the guys who call rules on themselves are very honorable, I have done it my self, big high 5 to all. I have also had a player tell me about my ball moving forward as I took my marker away and I didnt notice. Do we really think if he was aware of this he wouldnt say any thing. I'm sure that 1/16th of an inch was make or break for the like of Paddy.

Sacrifice Or Regret...You Choose!

This is getting out of hand. If this happens on the 4th round a day after the tournament what's going to happen?

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I tried to call the Big Ten officials during the National Championship game, and tell them that they were missing several calls.... but no one was answering the phone......

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I disagree with almost all of you. Golf is not like football, or baseball, or basketball, or any other sport really. The consequences for a rule breach doesn't affect the rest of the round, so a penalty can be assessed at any time. If Paddy had any question at all about whether or not the ball came to rest in the same spot, he had the option to watch it on high-def, high-speed video in the scorer's tent after his round before he signed his scorecard. If a rule is broken, the player should pay the consequences, and I quite frankly couldn't care less who realized that a rule was breached. It's easy to say "Who is the jobless fatass sitting at home on his couch calling in all these penalties?" but I really don't care. If someone breaks the rules, they break the rules.

That all said, even watching what happened on high-def, high-speed video frame-by-frame I still thought the ball returned to it's original location.

Oh, and one note: This was the Euro Tour, not the PGA Tour. Not that it makes a difference, but, well, there you go.

Does anyone know what would happen if it was round 4 they hand the winner the check everyone goes home this same thing happens. Would they take the Cash, Trophy, and points?

I disagree with almost all of you. Golf is not like football, or baseball, or basketball, or any other sport really. The consequences for a rule breach doesn't affect the rest of the round, so a penalty can be assessed at any time. If Paddy had any question at all about whether or not the ball came to rest in the same spot, he had the option to watch it on high-def, high-speed video in the scorer's tent after his round before he signed his scorecard. If a rule is broken, the player should pay the consequences, and I quite frankly couldn't care less who realized that a rule was breached. It's easy to say "Who is the jobless fatass sitting at home on his couch calling in all these penalties?" but I really don't care. If someone breaks the rules, they break the rules.

That all said, even watching what happened on high-def, high-speed video frame-by-frame I still thought the ball returned to it's original location.

Oh, and one note: This was the Euro Tour, not the PGA Tour. Not that it makes a difference, but, well, there you go.

I agree.

I really don't want Golf to go the way of other sports where the players work on ways and means of fooling the referee to be able to break the rules. It's disgusting enough to have to deal with it in private rounds.

With that said, I've long thought the Euro tour, under the R&A, needed a ball to roll one full diameter before a penalty could be assessed. It's the USGA that penalizes you if the ball even shivers. So which is it ? Have the R&A rules changed ?

Shambles

There needs to be some sort of statute of limitations on when you can have an infraction called on you. Allowing a person to continue playing, while at any moment something they did in the past can be called against them, is just ridiculous. There is no redeeming value to a rule that allows a player to be DQ'd from a tournament, because people at home were allowed to review the footage in slow motion, and find a minor bs infraction.

Does anyone know what would happen if it was round 4 they hand the winner the check everyone goes home this same thing happens. Would they take the Cash, Trophy, and points?

All scores are final after the close of competition and verification by the tournament committee.

All scores are final after the close of competition and verification by the tournament committee.

Thanks Jamo

Archived