TESTERS WANTED! ×

HERE WE GO! Favoite Brand Poll - lets hear it

Golf Equipment Poll  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What Golf Equipment Brand do you like/use? Explain your choice with a response.

Let everyone know what equipment you have in your bag, and why. Did you used to use other equipment before? What made you change? What clubs work for you and why? We would love to hear.

used-golf-equipment.jpg

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

I chose "Other" because I'm not brand loyal. I simply use what works for me; therefore, the brand of my driver differs from that of my woods/hybrids, which differs from my irons, and so on and so forth.

I also have a whack of different makes in the bag but I still have to give the nod to Mizuno. The care and craft they put into their products is amazing to me. Even if it doesn't work for me it's hard not to be impressed.

Ping on the other hand still grinds my gears. However it's because they are so close to being awesome and then don't just get there. Seriously, an amazing driver head line the K/G/I's but garbage shafts to go with them. Wake up an smell the band wagon Ping (aside from White clubs)!

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Same here, no real brand loyalty, I'll use whatever seems to work. But, I do have a strange fascination with Persimmon. I'm currently using a couple Louisville Golf Niblick Fairway woods (5-dc and a Magic 8-ball). They feel and sound is like nothing else out there, and I love the way they play from the long stuff. I've also got a Persimmon driver from Louisville that I love... But it's not in the bag because I just can't hit it consistently. When I hit it right, it's like butter... but you have to hit it on the screws, and my game just isn't there yet.

I was also given a persimmon putter as a gift, nice piece, but I don't get consistent roll with it. So it lives in my office as a stress reliever.

Driver: Bridgestone J40 - 445

Woods: TEE - 4

Hybrids - Adams Super 19*/22*

Irons: Adams CB2

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 54*/58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Sonoma

• SPY VIP

Almost all PING bag right now save Scratch wedges and a Byron putter.

That should be set for at least a month til the new gear rolls out.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hate to say it I am a TM man was did have everything TM except for wedges and putter and they where cleveland. Now even went with the xft wedges. Can't wait to see how they go

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• SPY VIP

Absolutely no loyalties here either. Right now I've got clubs from Adams, Ping, Titleist, Miura, and Callaway, and TaylorMade in my bag. If you pinned me down and forced me to give you a favorite, I'd probably go with Miura, but I doubt anyone would fault me for it.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I went with other because I also carry a mixed bag. But I am loyal to Macgregor blade irons because that is what I have played most of my life. I am pretty loyal to Mac or Hogan wedges. My metal woods are also mixed between Hogan, Callaway and TM. I just use what I like

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Bang Center Cut Irons 6-Pw,Aw,Sw forged. SMT Nemisis 9* driver and Bang Strom offset 3&5 woods. 3,4,5 hybrids are Integra SoooLong. Wood shafts are True Temper Bi-Matrix and hybrid/irons are Apollo Hump. Putter is a Ping Asner.

I have Acer XK gear. I recently switched my wedges from Acer XB to Inazone Shadows. My gamer putter is a White Hot XG #9. Why do I game them? Let's see: I own a Callaway FT-3, FT-5 and FT-9; a Nike Sasquatch and SuMo 5000; an Adams A3 Boxer hybrid; Callaway X-20 and X-22's (both Tour and non-Tour versions... not whole sets, either); Callaway Big Bertha irons; an Odyssey Dual Force 2 putter (my backup putter; had an original White Hot Rossie, but gave that to charity), Tour Edge Progressive J/Max irons (another charity gift); a Nike NDS 5 wood (3w went to charity); Cleveland 588 and CG12 wedges (56 and 60*); Taylormade RAC (56*) and Rac Satin TP (52*) wedges; a couple of older Vokey wedges (52 and 56*); Adams Watson wedges (52, 56, 60*); Dunlop Pro Combo irons (made from zinc)... you get the idea.

I get just as much performance with my Acers as any of the other clubs I've listed, for a fraction of the cost. Gives me more money for greens fees!

In my bag at the moment I have Adams, Geek, MacGregor, Cleveland, Titleist and Dunlop.

I hate everything equally.

That said I'm waiting for Ping to release the new Eye2 XGs, help if I knew the price to see if I can afford em.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Not particularly brand loyal in that every few years my opinion tends to change.

Wilson Staff forged irons are what have worked best for me (FG Tour and RM Forged), but in the years Wilson didn't produce forged irons I went to Cleveland and Mizuno.

Drivers are all over the map. Marketing hype might get me to look at a driver but only performance makes me part with my money.

The least loyal spot in my bag is reserved for putters. Pings, Odyssey, all the way back to Acushnet Bullseye. Whatever works.

The area of my game I'm most consistent is regarding balls. Titleist makes good product throughout it's ball line. But for me, they are more the standard I compare the others to and I often don't buy them. I usually end up buying balls that give me similar performance at 20 to 40% less cost. So much for loyalty.

Great product at a solid price point is what I'm loyal to. If cost were no object, the Wilson Staff irons would stay in my bag but everything else would likely be reconsidered.

I vote Other since I play Ping wood and driver, Mizuno irons, Titleist wedges and Odyssey putter !

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

Like most, I have a mixed bag. However, all things being equal, I voted Bridgestone, for an unusual reason. I raced bicycles for nearly twenty years, and had many sponsors over the years. The most generous I ever had was Bridgestone. I know golf and bikes are different divisions, but it's still the same parent company, and I direct my dollars to them as much as possible.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I also chose other, based on the fact that if I go hit it, and like it, and it fits me and my game, it's going in my bag no matter who it is.

Playing and loving my Ping G15 driver, irons are Taylor Made 10 Burners, Wedges Calloway, 2 Wilson Fy-Brid utility clubs, 19 and 23 degree, and my putter is Bobby Grace!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

As you can see I have a pretty mixed bag but right now I have a lot of respect for what Adams golf is doing. The hybrids have been a big lift to my game and I have tried to work their other products into my bag. I just picked up a YES putter after Adams purchased YES. When its time to replace my Eye 2+'s I have a strong feeling Adams will be my brand of choice.

What's in the bag.

Driver - Adams Speedline Fast 10

3 Wood - Adams Insight XTD A3 Boxer

Hybrid 2 - Adams Pro Gold

Hybrid 3 - Adams a7

Irons 4-PW - Adams a7

GW - Adams Idea Pro

SW and LW - Maxfli C3

Putter - YES Golf Marilyn mallett

Ball - TBD - Holding auditions

Eyewear - Sundog Focus

As my bag contains mostly Cleveland stuff, except for Titleist irons, and soon to arrive Scotty putter, guess I'm somewhat of a brand *****. <_>

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Let everyone know what equipment you have in your bag, and why. Did you used to use other equipment before? What made you change? What clubs work for you and why? We would love to hear.

used-golf-equipment.jpg

I'm pretty brand loyal and have been playing PING irons, wedges, and putters my whole golf life. I recently dumped my Callaway fairway woods and I'm now back to a full bag of PING products. I play PING because of the aesthetic, the durability, the quality control, the fitting process, and the options available. I appreciate that they not as quick or eager to change as many companies and that, in my experience, they stand by their products. Bottom line, the brand speaks to me in ways that all others have not.

Driver: PING G10

4w: PING Rapture V2

3h/4h: PING Rapture V2

5i-LW: PING G10 XG

Putter: PING i-SERIES Craz-E

Like most, I have a mixed bag. However, all things being equal, I voted Bridgestone, for an unusual reason. I raced bicycles for nearly twenty years, and had many sponsors over the years. The most generous I ever had was Bridgestone. I know golf and bikes are different divisions, but it's still the same parent company, and I direct my dollars to them as much as possible.

Did you race when Grant Petersen was in charge of Bridgestone USA? The bikes from that era were great. They were functional, durable, and a bit quirky.

Driver: PING G10

4w: PING Rapture V2

3h/4h: PING Rapture V2

5i-LW: PING G10 XG

Putter: PING i-SERIES Craz-E

Did you race when Grant Petersen was in charge of Bridgestone USA? The bikes from that era were great. They were functional, durable, and a bit quirky.

Yes, Grant was the guy who doled out the sponsorships to us. Rode an RB-1 the whole season, and did pretty well that year. Regrettably, I never got to meet him, as the deal was worked through team management. But I still honor Bridgestone for what he did for us.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

• 1 month later...

I see no clear advantage to being tied to one particular manufacturer. Finding the right combination of clubhead design and shaft to fit your eye and game trump all other concerns.

Diablo Edge Tour 10.5

Adams F11 15

Geek DCT 5 wood

Bridgestone J36 22

Ping s-59, Callaway x-Tour, Mizuno MP-52, Wilson PI-7

Ping Tour 50 and 54, Eidolon 58 Wedges

Scotty Kombi Heavy 35"

Bridgestone B330S, Z Star, Pro v1

I voted other as I'm not brand loyal. Use a Bobby Jones Workshop EDition Driver, Titleist 904f 4 wood, Cleveland XLS hybrid, Titleist 775cb irons 4-PW, Titleist and Cleveland wedges, and a Dave Whitlam putter. But I do like Bridgestone I use their balls, and I'm thinking Of changing to their Irons after trying some J36 Blades a year ago, but will go for the J38 cb afer trying some if they feel as good.

I am a PING fan.

My bag is totally PING except for my fairway woods which are Titleist 980Fs. They will probably be replace later this summer with Ping i15s.

I like the fact that PING is committed to custom-fitting, their products and customers.

PING all the way! Play your best!

---
Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9*, Fujikura Speeder, Stiff with 10 gram weight
Fairway: Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3W (15*), 7W (20*), Fujikura, Stiff
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead XR Pro 5I - AW, KBS Tour 120 Steel Stiff, 2* flat, 1/2" short
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 56/10, 60/8, KBS Hi-Rev Stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Bullseye Flange 33"
Bag: Callaway Stand Bag
Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Ball: Titleist ProV1x
Shoes: New Balance
Rangefinder: Nikon Cool Shot

I voted OTHER. Reason being is I'll stick with a certain OEM for particular clubs, ie... Woods, Irons,Wedges,Putters. This year I actually went back to a older set of Cobra mb's for irons still using my Callaway FT-9 TA for driver and woods are my TM HFS 3 & 5 woods. Still trying to find a rescue that I like? And when it comes to wedges I've been using Titleist Vokeys for I can't even remember now it's been so long. Putters I can use almost anything but I prefer a Anser style head and I'm actually demoing 3 right now to see what stays in the bag. I have my Nike Method from last season, I tried my old Bettinardi BB1 Tour Exempt, and a Byron Morgan 007. So that's why I chose other because I just do so much equipment ho'ing that when I find some thing new that works better or I play better with thats what I use..... then again I like the comfort of knowing I can go back to my backups which I know work, if that makes any sense?

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472