Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

HERE WE GO! Favoite Brand Poll - lets hear it

Golf Equipment Poll  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What Golf Equipment Brand do you like/use? Explain your choice with a response.

3 hours ago, The Sandman said:

In transition...Hogan D/3 wood and 50-58 wedges. Building a set of Hogan FT worth blacks murdered out...current irons Cleveland 588s. Odyssey putter. Oncore ball.

Man you gotta post pics of the blacked out FT Worths---- For me next to bag chatter and rust I like murdered out sticks too---- I guess it is the rat rod in me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

As you can see by my signature I've been a Titleist loyalist. I believe they are the most iconic brand in golf and I love their undeniable quality.

But since being a member of MGS my eyes are more open to all brands and ideas. I recently changed balls from Titleist Pro V1x to Bridgestone Tour B RXS !

I'm open to trying other brands in my bag and mixing things up to improve my game.

As far as apparel I wear a lot of different  brands.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

30 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Man you gotta post pics of the blacked out FT Worths---- For me next to bag chatter and rust I like murdered out sticks too---- I guess it is the rat rod in me

I will, have a set of KBS Tour customs on their way and leaning towards a white or red grip to set them off...they will be almost too nice to hit, almost 

Hogan GS Driver/3 wood

Hogan FT Worth 15 Irons

Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Odyssey Milled Putter

OnCore Elixir and Avant Balls

13 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

As you can see by my signature I've been a Titleist loyalist. I believe they are the most iconic brand in golf and I love their undeniable quality.

But since being a member of MGS my eyes are more open to all brands and ideas. I recently changed balls from Titleist Pro V1x to Bridgestone Tour B RXS !

I'm open to trying other brands in my bag and mixing things up to improve my game.

As far as apparel I wear a lot of different  brands.

There is nothing wrong with trying other brands or even vintages for that matter. For me it enhances the fun and presents a challenge for me since I do not play big money matches or comp any more. But lately ever since I joined this course I have 2 frames of mind. I have 2 sets I carry in the trunk. One is basically the signature set in the Blue Burton bag and the other is the combo mostly vintage and older sorta modern stuff. Now since joining this club I do play like some $2 round Robins or $2 Nassaus and when we play the Dogfights we will have some $5 team action. One of my running partners came out the other day and I had played 9 by myself with the vintage/experimental stuff. He hollered at me "Stuey go to the car and get the blue bag we are playing Ace and Moe $2 Nassau". Trust me I will play someone as hard over $2 as I would have back in the day for $2000. But yeah experimentation is part of my fun now. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Cobra woods and irons because they are high quality clubs at much less cost than the top brands, more importantly they hit very well. Cleveland wedges because they were my first 'brand name' wedge I liked and have done me well over the years. Odyssey putter because it felt better than my ancient Zebra that I absolutely loved, maybe this putter will stay in my bag for the next few decades like the Zebra did.

I've had several different brands of clubs over the years, Ping's customer service is above anyone else. And the clubs fit my game better than others.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

I chose “Other” because Srixon was not on the list. Put the Z785’s with Modus 120 shafts in the bag late last year and they are incredible!!!!

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

Other - Ben Hogan Golf.  Only 2 spots in my bag (3W & 5W) not from that amazing brand and it is really probably just a matter of finding the correct shaft fit for the GS53 FWs that are sitting in my spare bag. 

I'm not very brand loyal, but I tend to gravitate toward PING and Callaway.

I have a lot of Callaway clubs in my bag right now, but to me, it just shows how I put what works best for me over which brand it is. I play a Rogue 3 wood and Rogue X irons, yet when that line came out I thought they looked like women's clubs. I swore I'd never play a club with teal (or aqua?) badging. The 3 wood is the best I've ever hit though, and the irons are working out great. I just replaced the Rogue X hybrids with  Epic Flash's through CPO, because I like the more classic shaped head, and the shaft matches my irons. Hopefully I made a good call with that, because the X's were very good. 

Ping drivers seem to work best for me, I like Cleveland wedges, but just put a TM Hi-toe in the 58* slot. I'll go back and forth with putters, but my YES! Tracy is always in the bag for my money games.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

I guess I should have checked "other" too. While most of my bag is Taylormade, my driver is a Ping, my putter is a Odyssey and my SW is a Cleveland. I'm not really brand loyal. I've just learned through a lot of trial and error what clubs work best for me. Here's my bag: Driver-Ping G400, Fairways-Taylormade 2017 M2 3HL and 5HL, Irons-Taylormade 2017 M2 4-GW, SW Cleveland CG15 and Putter-Odyssey White Hot Tour. My ball is a Titleist Pro-V-1X.

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

I'm brand agnostic and will play whatever fits the eye and feels/sounds good. My bag is a mixed bag and I've held onto my Mizuno irons for 20 years.  I've had a few TM drivers over the years and some Titleist 962 irons that I loved, and have at least tried a few other brands.  In my limited testing, I've never really liked the feel or sound of Callaway or Ping irons or woods, but to each their own.

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth