HERE WE GO! Favoite Brand Poll - lets hear it

Golf Equipment Poll  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What Golf Equipment Brand do you like/use? Explain your choice with a response.

Our Sponsors

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude. A 2011 post. Wow.

He is new so he was not here in 11--- And I just about fell for it too. And to update a 9 year old question I am still and always be brand agnostic. I will play a club made by the Keebler Elves or Mic

Adams Golf gets my vote! Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

As my bag contains mostly Cleveland stuff, except for Titleist irons, and soon to arrive Scotty putter, guess I'm somewhat of a brand *****. <_>

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Let everyone know what equipment you have in your bag, and why. Did you used to use other equipment before? What made you change? What clubs work for you and why? We would love to hear.

used-golf-equipment.jpg

I'm pretty brand loyal and have been playing PING irons, wedges, and putters my whole golf life. I recently dumped my Callaway fairway woods and I'm now back to a full bag of PING products. I play PING because of the aesthetic, the durability, the quality control, the fitting process, and the options available. I appreciate that they not as quick or eager to change as many companies and that, in my experience, they stand by their products. Bottom line, the brand speaks to me in ways that all others have not.

Driver: PING G10

4w: PING Rapture V2

3h/4h: PING Rapture V2

5i-LW: PING G10 XG

Putter: PING i-SERIES Craz-E

Like most, I have a mixed bag. However, all things being equal, I voted Bridgestone, for an unusual reason. I raced bicycles for nearly twenty years, and had many sponsors over the years. The most generous I ever had was Bridgestone. I know golf and bikes are different divisions, but it's still the same parent company, and I direct my dollars to them as much as possible.

Did you race when Grant Petersen was in charge of Bridgestone USA? The bikes from that era were great. They were functional, durable, and a bit quirky.

Driver: PING G10

4w: PING Rapture V2

3h/4h: PING Rapture V2

5i-LW: PING G10 XG

Putter: PING i-SERIES Craz-E

Did you race when Grant Petersen was in charge of Bridgestone USA? The bikes from that era were great. They were functional, durable, and a bit quirky.

Yes, Grant was the guy who doled out the sponsorships to us. Rode an RB-1 the whole season, and did pretty well that year. Regrettably, I never got to meet him, as the deal was worked through team management. But I still honor Bridgestone for what he did for us.

• 1 month later...

I see no clear advantage to being tied to one particular manufacturer. Finding the right combination of clubhead design and shaft to fit your eye and game trump all other concerns.

Diablo Edge Tour 10.5

Adams F11 15

Geek DCT 5 wood

Bridgestone J36 22

Ping s-59, Callaway x-Tour, Mizuno MP-52, Wilson PI-7

Ping Tour 50 and 54, Eidolon 58 Wedges

Scotty Kombi Heavy 35"

Bridgestone B330S, Z Star, Pro v1

I voted other as I'm not brand loyal. Use a Bobby Jones Workshop EDition Driver, Titleist 904f 4 wood, Cleveland XLS hybrid, Titleist 775cb irons 4-PW, Titleist and Cleveland wedges, and a Dave Whitlam putter. But I do like Bridgestone I use their balls, and I'm thinking Of changing to their Irons after trying some J36 Blades a year ago, but will go for the J38 cb afer trying some if they feel as good.

I am a PING fan.

My bag is totally PING except for my fairway woods which are Titleist 980Fs. They will probably be replace later this summer with Ping i15s.

I like the fact that PING is committed to custom-fitting, their products and customers.

PING all the way! Play your best!

---
Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9*, Fujikura Speeder, Stiff with 10 gram weight
Fairway: Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3W (15*), 7W (20*), Fujikura, Stiff
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead XR Pro 5I - AW, KBS Tour 120 Steel Stiff, 2* flat, 1/2" short
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 56/10, 60/8, KBS Hi-Rev Stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Bullseye Flange 33"
Bag: Callaway Stand Bag
Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Ball: Titleist ProV1x
Shoes: New Balance
Rangefinder: Nikon Cool Shot

I voted OTHER. Reason being is I'll stick with a certain OEM for particular clubs, ie... Woods, Irons,Wedges,Putters. This year I actually went back to a older set of Cobra mb's for irons still using my Callaway FT-9 TA for driver and woods are my TM HFS 3 & 5 woods. Still trying to find a rescue that I like? And when it comes to wedges I've been using Titleist Vokeys for I can't even remember now it's been so long. Putters I can use almost anything but I prefer a Anser style head and I'm actually demoing 3 right now to see what stays in the bag. I have my Nike Method from last season, I tried my old Bettinardi BB1 Tour Exempt, and a Byron Morgan 007. So that's why I chose other because I just do so much equipment ho'ing that when I find some thing new that works better or I play better with thats what I use..... then again I like the comfort of knowing I can go back to my backups which I know work, if that makes any sense?

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Currently I am almost all Powerbilt. I grew up playing Powerbilt. Last year I took a chance on the new nitrogen charged clubs and dropped my handicap from 21 to 13. The only non Powerbilt is my Cobra S9-1 3 wood and my Slotline SSi-693 putter.

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I'm not especially brand loyal, but chose Titleist. Were I torn between two clubs of similar performance and price, Titleist would win out for me.

I've gone (irons wise) from MD > Taylormade Burner Plus > Titleist AP1 > Mizuno JPX-800

Of these the AP1s as a club are definitely my favourite.

Trouble was I wasn't properly fit when I purchased the AP1s, and when I got offered a free fitting and found out that I needed a longer club with a few degrees upright, I was able to get the new Mizuno irons at no extra charge for Project X shafts, multi-compound Golf Pride grips, and the lie/length being right. To get this for Titleist AP1s would have added serious cost to the purchase. Having the existing set modified would have been silly expense also. However - I fully intend as I progress as a player to look out for a set of AP2s or if it gets to that stage - MBs or something from their Z line...

Putter wise Scottys have grabbed me by the balls. I have a Studio Design No. 5, I would sleep with this if my wife hadn't put the foot down and banned golf equipment from the bedroom... I also have an Odyssey White Ice No. 2 and I'll play with both - depending on how I feel really... I've also which is a bit of a prized possession an Achusnet Bulls Eye putter and this is good fun to use.

Am currently looking at a 910 fairway... I have a Titleist pencil bag, umbrella, wear their gloves, winter mitts, play their balls...

So much about Titleist appeals to me. There is something about Titleist that comes across as superior or classy without being in-yo-face!!! The stylish players on tour use Titleist - Watney, Adam Scott, Rory, Ricky Fowler...

Mizuno also appeals to me and you'll never hear a bad word about their products.

Think Taylormade or Callaway with adverts in every golfing magazine you read, or Nike... Ping would appeal to me but the K15 irons are bulldog-butt-ugly and for some reason I have never warmed to the G15s even though anytime I have tried them I've hit them well...

In my bag or in my surplus collection you'll find Taylormade, Mizuno, Nike, Titliest, Ping, Odyssey, Cleveland, Benross, MD. Hard to be brand-loyal and I see no reason for being so. But rather than select other for this reason, I've gone with Titleist as it genuinely would be my fave brand.

Driver: Mizuno JPX-800 10.5 degree; stiff shaft; Golf Pride Multi-Compound

3 Wood: Taylormade R9, stiff shaft (set to NU)

Hybrid: Ping G15 17 degree; stiff graphite shaft

Irons: Mizuno JPX-800; Project X 5.5; Golf Pride Multi-Compound

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 52 (smoked finish), 56 (oilcan finish) & 60 degree (chrome finish)

Putter: Odyssey White Ice No. 1; Scotty Cameron Studio Design No. 5

I also play a set of Titleist 1980s Tour Forged Irons with regular shaft. These are excellent for practice, as is the Titliest PT 20 degree 5 wood that accompanies them.

• 9 years later...

Other....

With no equipment deal in place, I have a mixed bag. Sub70 irons, Titlest-Vokey wedges, Bettinardi putter, TM-M2 driver. I tend to use whatever seems to work for me and if the results are positive then I stay loyal within that brand. This is the first time I have had a complete bag full of clubs on this level and i am already seeing the improved results. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M2 9.5*

:callaway-small: XR 

:755178188_TourEdge: 

Sub 70 699 4-AW, KBS Tour 130

:vokey-small: SM8 54* and 58*, KBS Tour 130

:bettinardi-small: BB38, 35"

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130

:footjoy-small: DryJoys, Flex, ProSL

I dont like to say im loyal, but i have connections to Titleist so i can get discounts, which may sway my opinion a little bit but i just got in some miura's i need to try out yet. i wish i had the ability to try all different types but i go with what my pro trusts and recommends most of the time.

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:titelist-small:-3 Wood --TS3 15 degree 

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

I have 3 main brands in my bag. PXG, Ping, and Callaway. I have mostly been a Ping player. I made the switch to PXG while looking for irons that were a bit longer than my G25 irons. I switched to PXG due to the veterans discount they offered on the irons and 3 wood. I am completely happy with the change. I have a Ping G400 Max driver and a G30 hybrid. I am very happy with those clubs and don't have any reason to change either at this point. The PXG 0341 3 wood replaced a TaylorMade M1 3wood which I struggled to hit. I have Callaway MD3 wedges which I am very happy with and don't foresee changing these anytime soon.

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° set to 9.5° w/ALTA CB R

image.png Gen 1 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue 5.5

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/TFC 419H R

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° Green Dot Mitsubishi Tensei Blue R 

image.png 0211 irons 5 - GW 2° upright w/True Temper Elevate R 

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105 Wedge Flex

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

I don't have one favorite, doubt I ever would. Somewhat in present order - Mizuno forged irons & wedges - "nothing feels like a Mizuno (forged iron)." Evnroll putters. Snell MTB golf balls. FootJoy shoes & rain gear. Nike, Callaway & Adidas clothing. BagBoy or Clicgear carts (swivel front wheel only). Not as married to a brand for woods or hybrids, lean to Titleist, PING and Callaway but others might be OK except TM.

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

I voted Titleist because I have previously played, and wouldn't hesitate to play, a full bag of their clubs... over the years, I have started toying around with different brands because life is too short to be tied down by a single brand

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I chose Callaway because their irons seem to work best for me, so they have the most clubs in my bag.. I am by no means a brand loyalist though. Woods, hybrids, wedges, and putter are all different brands.

I voted other. Even though I have a mixed bag, I could easily stock my bag with all offerings of the Ben Hogan lineup.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:macgregor-small: MT 3W Aldila DVS/Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST V2

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5/Cameron Santa Fe

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL