fairwaygolfusa

HERE WE GO! Favoite Brand Poll - lets hear it

Golf Equipment Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What Golf Equipment Brand do you like/use? Explain your choice with a response.

I like golf shops that carry stuff that I can't find at Golf Galaxy or Dick's just down the road. I voted Other

As my bag contains mostly Cleveland stuff, except for Titleist irons, and soon to arrive Scotty putter, guess I'm somewhat of a brand *****. <_>

Let everyone know what equipment you have in your bag, and why. Did you used to use other equipment before? What made you change? What clubs work for you and why? We would love to hear.

used-golf-equipment.jpg

I'm pretty brand loyal and have been playing PING irons, wedges, and putters my whole golf life. I recently dumped my Callaway fairway woods and I'm now back to a full bag of PING products. I play PING because of the aesthetic, the durability, the quality control, the fitting process, and the options available. I appreciate that they not as quick or eager to change as many companies and that, in my experience, they stand by their products. Bottom line, the brand speaks to me in ways that all others have not.

Like most, I have a mixed bag. However, all things being equal, I voted Bridgestone, for an unusual reason. I raced bicycles for nearly twenty years, and had many sponsors over the years. The most generous I ever had was Bridgestone. I know golf and bikes are different divisions, but it's still the same parent company, and I direct my dollars to them as much as possible.

Did you race when Grant Petersen was in charge of Bridgestone USA? The bikes from that era were great. They were functional, durable, and a bit quirky.

Did you race when Grant Petersen was in charge of Bridgestone USA? The bikes from that era were great. They were functional, durable, and a bit quirky.

Yes, Grant was the guy who doled out the sponsorships to us. Rode an RB-1 the whole season, and did pretty well that year. Regrettably, I never got to meet him, as the deal was worked through team management. But I still honor Bridgestone for what he did for us.

I see no clear advantage to being tied to one particular manufacturer. Finding the right combination of clubhead design and shaft to fit your eye and game trump all other concerns.

I voted other as I'm not brand loyal. Use a Bobby Jones Workshop EDition Driver, Titleist 904f 4 wood, Cleveland XLS hybrid, Titleist 775cb irons 4-PW, Titleist and Cleveland wedges, and a Dave Whitlam putter. But I do like Bridgestone I use their balls, and I'm thinking Of changing to their Irons after trying some J36 Blades a year ago, but will go for the J38 cb afer trying some if they feel as good.

I am a PING fan.

My bag is totally PING except for my fairway woods which are Titleist 980Fs. They will probably be replace later this summer with Ping i15s.

I like the fact that PING is committed to custom-fitting, their products and customers.

PING all the way! Play your best!

I voted OTHER. Reason being is I'll stick with a certain OEM for particular clubs, ie... Woods, Irons,Wedges,Putters. This year I actually went back to a older set of Cobra mb's for irons still using my Callaway FT-9 TA for driver and woods are my TM HFS 3 & 5 woods. Still trying to find a rescue that I like? And when it comes to wedges I've been using Titleist Vokeys for I can't even remember now it's been so long. Putters I can use almost anything but I prefer a Anser style head and I'm actually demoing 3 right now to see what stays in the bag. I have my Nike Method from last season, I tried my old Bettinardi BB1 Tour Exempt, and a Byron Morgan 007. So that's why I chose other because I just do so much equipment ho'ing that when I find some thing new that works better or I play better with thats what I use..... then again I like the comfort of knowing I can go back to my backups which I know work, if that makes any sense?

Currently I am almost all Powerbilt. I grew up playing Powerbilt. Last year I took a chance on the new nitrogen charged clubs and dropped my handicap from 21 to 13. The only non Powerbilt is my Cobra S9-1 3 wood and my Slotline SSi-693 putter.

I'm not especially brand loyal, but chose Titleist. Were I torn between two clubs of similar performance and price, Titleist would win out for me.

I've gone (irons wise) from MD > Taylormade Burner Plus > Titleist AP1 > Mizuno JPX-800

Of these the AP1s as a club are definitely my favourite.

Trouble was I wasn't properly fit when I purchased the AP1s, and when I got offered a free fitting and found out that I needed a longer club with a few degrees upright, I was able to get the new Mizuno irons at no extra charge for Project X shafts, multi-compound Golf Pride grips, and the lie/length being right. To get this for Titleist AP1s would have added serious cost to the purchase. Having the existing set modified would have been silly expense also. However - I fully intend as I progress as a player to look out for a set of AP2s or if it gets to that stage - MBs or something from their Z line...

Putter wise Scottys have grabbed me by the balls. I have a Studio Design No. 5, I would sleep with this if my wife hadn't put the foot down and banned golf equipment from the bedroom... I also have an Odyssey White Ice No. 2 and I'll play with both - depending on how I feel really... I've also which is a bit of a prized possession an Achusnet Bulls Eye putter and this is good fun to use.

Am currently looking at a 910 fairway... I have a Titleist pencil bag, umbrella, wear their gloves, winter mitts, play their balls...

So much about Titleist appeals to me. There is something about Titleist that comes across as superior or classy without being in-yo-face!!! The stylish players on tour use Titleist - Watney, Adam Scott, Rory, Ricky Fowler...

Mizuno also appeals to me and you'll never hear a bad word about their products.

Think Taylormade or Callaway with adverts in every golfing magazine you read, or Nike... Ping would appeal to me but the K15 irons are bulldog-butt-ugly and for some reason I have never warmed to the G15s even though anytime I have tried them I've hit them well...

In my bag or in my surplus collection you'll find Taylormade, Mizuno, Nike, Titliest, Ping, Odyssey, Cleveland, Benross, MD. Hard to be brand-loyal and I see no reason for being so. But rather than select other for this reason, I've gone with Titleist as it genuinely would be my fave brand.

Clevelands overall. PIcked up the new XL270 Driver and FL3W.

Miyazki shafts are awesome and my clubhead spead has shot up.

CG16 Wedges for their incredible feel.

Their putters are nice but i have an Odyessey Teron.