Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My 2019 Tournaments Follow Along

Well it is disappointing to be saying that the competitive season is over.  I played 21 tournament rounds this season and that is a very good amount.  If I take out the month of May (weather sucked), I had an average of 72.94.   9 rounds of par or better.  That is just under half of my tournament rounds.   Here are some more stats

Wins - 3

Top 5 - 3

Top 10 - 2

My best tournaments were finishes of T-22 in both the CDGA Amateur and the Illinois State Mid Amateur.  My low round of the year was a 69 (-3).  There were three other rounds I had it to -4 at some point during that round but could not finish them.  I feel finishing rounds will be key to more success in 2020.  Those 3 rounds all had rain delays as well, but you still need to be able to finish them.  All 3 of my wins had at least one round on my home course.  I would like to get a few more wins on courses away from my home course next year.  

This was the first year in about 5 that I decided to play an extensive list of events again.  It was a great summer, but took some time to get rolling again.  I qualified for 2 great state events and was very happy to win our city tournament.  I need to work on finishing rounds of golf and my putting.  

It was great to do this thread as I enjoy coming here and writing about my events and reflecting on them in that light.  I think it helped me look at my rounds from a different angle and not be so tough on myself.  I will do this again next year and we will see if I can improve in some areas and maybe play better at the state level.  I have almost 9 months until my next tournament.  9 months!  Maybe I can plan a vacation around something in FL and get some more winter rounds in.  But until then I will be around the site and working towards a better 2020.  

Thank you, 

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9