In search of a Fairway

Our Sponsors

answer to your last question,,, YES

second if you struggle with the FW how about trying a hybrid. Say a 17 degree and give it a go. you might just find that is what you are looking for.

• Like 1

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

answer to your last question,,, YES
second if you struggle with the FW how about trying a hybrid. Say a 17 degree and give it a go. you might just find that is what you are looking for.

I don’t struggle with it but I want something I am not getting from my current FW. The issue is certainly me. My hybrid flight is also low unless I really work to get the flight up or off a tee.

If you like the cally model I might suggest choking down on the club. Most of the newer models are made pretty long.

and carrying an 8 HCP I would also look towards the SZ model not the regular rogue

• Like 1

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I tried a bunch of fairway woods and could not hit them,  more mind over matter I think as I went in with a negative attitude as I had a strong dislike for them.   I ordered the Callaway XR  5 wood  after researching and seeing some very good reviews,  had it regripped and took it out and from first hits I had a new favorite club,    I average 180 yards with it according to arccos caddie , not great for most but for me that filled a massive hole in my game. 

I have a cobra 3/4 hybrid that I am trying but have not had the same success .  

• Like 1

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I am currently gaming the TEE CBX fairway and really like it. Let’s us know how it works for you. It will work more like a “sub zero” lower spin wood though, from what I’ve experienced. Before the CBX, I used a cobra fairway and it launched plenty high/tons of forgiveness. Cobra has been named numerous times here, so just wanted to add to that list!
If you like the Adams hybrid, have you looked at their fairway woods? My favorite 5 wood of all time was a Tight Lies. Total mindless wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Searching
Wood: Cobra Fly-Z 3 wood factory stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid factory stiff shaft
Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW
Wedges: 52,56,60 Mizuno mp t5
Putter: Sentio Red (Medium)
Ball: Bridgestone E6 Speed, and Titleist Pro V1

I am currently gaming the TEE CBX fairway and really like it. Let’s us know how it works for you. It will work more like a “sub zero” lower spin wood though, from what I’ve experienced. Before the CBX, I used a cobra fairway and it launched plenty high/tons of forgiveness. Cobra has been named numerous times here, so just wanted to add to that list!
If you like the Adams hybrid, have you looked at their fairway woods? My favorite 5 wood of all time was a Tight Lies. Total mindless wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am looking forward to the CBX and / or going for a fitting if it doesn’t work. The CBX is a beautiful club and I know they are hot as hell off the face. I have a 13* 3 wood that is a mini driver. It is great. But doesn’t compare to my Knick ball hitting ST180

I'm just now converting to hybrids from my 4 & 5 irons & decided to try MyGolfSpy's CBX offer. Certainly a very good deal for a very good club.  I hope it does what I'm looking for but since I'm in MI, I won't really know for several months.  See https://shop.touredge.com/products/my-golf-spy-exclusive-offer-cbx-hybrid?dO9JaIGWTCSkc4ykjP0unA

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:callaway-small:XR 5 Wood Fairway w/stock Project X Stiff shaft

:tour-edge: EXS220 3 & 4 Hybrid w/KBS TGI Tour Graphite Reg shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Ice Sabertooth putter

I'm just now converting to hybrids from my 4 & 5 irons & decided to try MyGolfSpy's CBX offer. Certainly a very good deal for a very good club.  I hope it does what I'm looking for but since I'm in MI, I won't really know for several months.  See https://shop.touredge.com/products/my-golf-spy-exclusive-offer-cbx-hybrid?dO9JaIGWTCSkc4ykjP0unA

Didn’t know that existed. But I did find out they do a veterans discount and I did use that. It was a great deal cheaper directly from TEE than anywhere else
3 minutes ago, kingcscott said:

Didn’t know that existed. But I did find out they do a veterans discount and I did use that. It was a great deal cheaper directly from TEE than anywhere else

Yep, I got the email announcement on the 26th but didn't order until last Saturday. The offer is only good thru today. I can't take advantage of offers for veterans as was never full-time active (5 years Army National Guard), but I'm glad there are so many out there for vets. You're still short changed in my opinion.

I agree! Mine arrived today but all I can do it try them out at the dome until I head out west to visit the kids in March. I decided on the Kuro Kage Silver 80 shaft. I want a bit of height & I understand that shaft provides a higher ball flight than the other two offered. I'd love to hear your impressions once you get them in play.  Thanks!

• Like 1

So I have been through the TS2 4w. It was good but I should have tried the 5w. The Rogue was a hooking fail for me. Now I have the CBX 5w. It is great. Good shot shaping. Great distance. Flight window is what I want to see. Might have a winner.
Plays with free shipping and veterans discount direct from TEE it is a great price point.
We may have a winner here

I agree! Mine arrived today but all I can do it try them out at the dome until I head out west to visit the kids in March. I decided on the Kuro Kage Silver 80 shaft. I want a bit of height & I understand that shaft provides a higher ball flight than the other two offered. I'd love to hear your impressions once you get them in play.  Thanks!

I have the KK 60 as I am not a fast swinger but this ticks all the boxes I am looking for. I think I have a new love.