TESTERS WANTED! ×

Photography thread

Har in the Hat

i used to do photography since i graduated until i met my wife. And then it went by the wayside.

Well, with the family getting sick and then finally my turn, i picked up our camera (Nikon D7100) and startedn fooling around with it. And now the itch has come back.

I did not see a specific thread on this, so i tought i'd start one and share some pics and more as time progresses. As there is a thread on Pics from the course, i thought i'd stay away from that topic here.

So please feel free to add.

this first pic is an old one and i  decided to see what i could do with some post processing and the second pic is the result.

scala_1.jpg.60b99d466246ab5ec90495b2b3816de4.jpg

scala_2.jpg.e2a5303f296f78980aab2689ca00e669.jpg

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Well, I'm not into photography other than pics on the golf course with my iPhone, but when we get together this summer, you can chat with my wife.  She's been in the business for 40+ years.  She doesn't do portraits and certainly not weddings. She's a Lab Rat.  Most of her shooting is done in her lab; if it sits on the table and doesn't talk back, she will shoot it.  For over 20 years she has run her own business with a full custom wet lab, but now it's all digital.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

i used to do photography since i graduated until i met my wife. And then it went by the wayside.

Well, with the family getting sick and then finally my turn, i picked up our camera (Nikon D7100) and startedn fooling around with it. And now the itch has come back.

I did not see a specific thread on this, so i tought i'd start one and share some pics and more as time progresses. As there is a thread on Pics from the course, i thought i'd stay away from that topic here.

So please feel free to add.

this first pic is an old one and i  decided to see what i could do with some post processing and the second pic is the result.

scala_1.jpg.60b99d466246ab5ec90495b2b3816de4.jpg

scala_2.jpg.e2a5303f296f78980aab2689ca00e669.jpg

Did you do that with Adobe Photoshop? BTW I hear that film is making a comeback - kinda like vinyl records. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I used to be into photography in high school,  back before all this digital stuff.   A few years ago,  I started taking pictures at my daughters softball games with an inexpensive digital camera and have been thinking about getting back into photography.   For those that think golf is expensive,  photography can also be an expensive hobby to start. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm a plus handicap when it comes to photography.  

My main interest in photography is to shoot large format cameras (8x10 up to 20x24) and contact print the film to create handcrafted platinum and palladium prints.  I enjoy controlling every step of the process, from selecting the correct watercolor paper to experimenting with the mixture of platinum and palladium to get the exact tones I want for an image.  I enjoy the process of hand coating the paper using a watercolor brush and custom emulsion.  

I do some wet plate photography and also work in albumen and gum over platinum.

Most of my work is in rural scenes around my home town in Iowa.  But I also do model work.  

Humm.  Maybe I should think about getting hickory clubs and gutta percha balls?   

On 12/31/2018 at 6:26 AM, tommc23 said:

I'm looking for a camera other than my gopro to do videos and take photos with of hunt tests and when hunting. I haven't been able to decide what I want or even if I want to go mirrorless or dslr

Mirrorless is making big gains in the industry and  the reason dslr's are the same size as the cameras of print film is because of the mirror.  I was reading an article recently about the transition from film to digital and to minimize the impact / perception of the change on the public, manufacturers kept the changes to a minimum and hence stuck with the mirror. And hence that is why DSLR cameras are the same size.  Only now are they realizing that the mirror is not needed and with the disappearance, they will be smaller, have less moving parts, and quicker reaction times. If you go with a standard Dslr there are 2 formats. 1. DX size which has a smaller sensor size ( 25 mm x ?? as opposed to the 35 mm size).  Hence the lenses for DX have what's called a crop factor and say for example, you use a 50 mm lense, it will give the same field of view as a 75 mm lense (50 x crop factor of 1.5 =  75mm lens).  The second type is a FX DSLR and the sensor is the same size as the sensors used for 35mm cameras. The field of view if the lenses are the same as originally. 

On 12/31/2018 at 6:48 AM, tony@CIC said:

Did you do that with Adobe Photoshop? BTW I hear that film is making a comeback - kinda like vinyl records. 

I used the Nikon View software that comes standard with the cameras.

Correct. Film is coming back and I still have all my old 35mm cameras. I have 2 Minoltas. 

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

On 12/31/2018 at 9:30 AM, alfriday101 said:

I'm a plus handicap when it comes to photography.  

My main interest in photography is to shoot large format cameras (8x10 up to 20x24) and contact print the film to create handcrafted platinum and palladium prints.  I enjoy controlling every step of the process, from selecting the correct watercolor paper to experimenting with the mixture of platinum and palladium to get the exact tones I want for an image.  I enjoy the process of hand coating the paper using a watercolor brush and custom emulsion.  

I do some wet plate photography and also work in albumen and gum over platinum.

Most of my work is in rural scenes around my home town in Iowa.  But I also do model work.  

Humm.  Maybe I should think about getting hickory clubs and gutta percha balls?   

I bow down to people who use large format.

That's how the big guys did it 😁😁

Dexterity:

11 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Mirrorless is making big gains in the industry and  the reason dslr's are the same size as the cameras of print film is because of the mirror.  I was reading an article recently about the transition from film to digital and to minimize the impact / perception of the change on the public, manufacturers kept the changes to a minimum and hence stuck with the mirror. And hence that is why DSLR cameras are the same size.  Only now are they realizing that the mirror is not needed and with the disappearance, they will be smaller, have less moving parts, and quicker reaction times. If you go with a standard Dslr there are 2 formats. 1. DX size which has a smaller sensor size ( 25 mm x ?? as opposed to the 35 mm size).  Hence the lenses for DX have what's called a crop factor and say for example, you use a 50 mm lense, it will give the same field of view as a 75 mm lense (50 x crop factor of 1.5 =  75mm lens).  The second type is a FX DSLR and the sensor is the same size as the sensors used for 35mm cameras. The field of view if the lenses are the same as originally. 

I used the Nikon View software that comes standard with the cameras.

Correct. Film is coming back and I still have all my old 35mm cameras. I have 2 Minoltas. 

I think I found a mirrorless I'll end up getting. I got my parents a dslr and I wouldn't mind getting something I can video with easier and from what I have read the mirrorless is a little easier.

I used to be into photography in high school,  back before all this digital stuff.   A few years ago,  I started taking pictures at my daughters softball games with an inexpensive digital camera and have been thinking about getting back into photography.   For those that think golf is expensive,  photography can also be an expensive hobby to start. 

No joke about the $$$. My two hobbies are golf and photography haha. Can’t figure out what I’ve spent more on. It’s a slippery slope. Golf you have all the new and shiny equipment....but when you get the itch for a fast lens, that can turn into a pricy number

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

No joke about the $$$. My two hobbies are golf and photography haha. Can’t figure out what I’ve spent more on. It’s a slippery slope. Golf you have all the new and shiny equipment....but when you get the itch for a fast lens, that can turn into a pricy number

Golf and photography =$$$? Talk to your buddies that have boats! We generally refer to a boat buck as $1,000. My 28' Sea Ray burns 15 gals an hour of Rec 90 which last fall went for $4./gal. And that's at cruise speed which is the most economical.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 12/31/2018 at 5:48 AM, tony@CIC said:

My wife has been using Photoshop ever since digital became a thing, but when Adobe went to the Cloud route for the software, she has not upgraded.  

Check out Affinity in place of Photoshop if you are looking.  This software was written by 5 of the original Photoshop architects who became disgruntled with Adobe when the company went to a monthly subscription. 

My wife doesn't have any personal experience with it because her imaging machines are too old to run it, but every photographer she's moved to Affinity has been very happy. The feedback has been that it runs very similar to Photoshop and the cost is a one time fee of $50.00, on sale now for $40.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/desktop/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Golf and photography =$$$? Talk to your buddies that have boats! We generally refer to a boat buck as $1,000. My 28' Sea Ray burns 15 gals an hour of Rec 90 which last fall went for $4./gal. And that's at cruise speed which is the most economical.

Well I am looking for other hobbies.....haha. For me golf and photography has equaled $$$. I know there are more expensive hobbies out there (cars, boats, etc..), but for me I spend plenty on those two.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

On 1/6/2019 at 10:05 AM, tommc23 said:

I think I found a mirrorless I'll end up getting. I got my parents a dslr and I wouldn't mind getting something I can video with easier and from what I have read the mirrorless is a little easier.

Well, which one!!

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

4 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit w/EF-M15-45mm and 4K Video - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079Y45KTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1yqnCb8QZRPJ8

That is nice. Congrats.

Post some pics afterwards

Dexterity:

Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit w/EF-M15-45mm and 4K Video - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079Y45KTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1yqnCb8QZRPJ8

Interesting. I’ve been dreaming of an Olympus for a few years to replace my Canon 40D. But I just haven’t made the time to get out and use it. However, I just remembered we have a big family vacation across the pond coming up this summer! Can’t lug a giant dslr around for that!

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Went out today and took advantage of the unseasonally warm weather.

IMG_20190112_221702_433.jpg

_0001075.jpg

_0001047.jpg

Dexterity:

Here are a couple of mine.. been doing it as hobby for about 12 years now. 

DSC_2440.JPG

Barn999999991.jpg

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

For those of you interested here is Gamble Sands Signature hole.. 

Gamble2.JPG

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Golf and photography are as expensive as you want to make it.. My camera and lenses are about 10 years old and still take amazing pictures.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Here are a couple of mine.. been doing it as hobby for about 12 years now. 
DSC_2440.JPG.32c5455ef2cd454aeeec8f9f221ed744.JPG
Barn999999991.jpg.56bfb441cb7dd9fbe1652b4deb85fba8.jpg

Love the prairie photo!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 7:40 PM, deauxrite said:

I love my Canon 5D MK3.  I have managed to travel to some pretty cool places and the camera is always at my side.

These are amazing photos! I need to learn how to do this! I got a D7500 from my wife as a wedding present, I recently bought 2 new lenses. I love playing with them but get frustrated when they arent turning out how I like

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Here's a link to some of my work  Flicker ... some of the recent images are cell phone shots, but most were done using a Canon DSLR

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I love my Canon 5D MK3.  I have managed to travel to some pretty cool places and the camera is always at my side.
1280174576_Lowflier_edited.jpg.95494ad28bb461b9d55116444f799e0a.jpg
Three_Mile_Resthouse.jpg.8cb8cb28c61592ecc7393bc816937625.jpg
118916793_ClassicMonument.jpg.d6cb1bc836566ab12b470270cce5592b.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Here's a link to some of my work  Flicker ... some of the recent images are cell phone shots, but most were done using a Canon DSLR

Great photos - love the closeup of the waterfall as well as the "wilderness" shots.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Thanks @tony@CIC

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug