Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
Shankster

On Tour This Week-Sentry Tournament of Champions

Great start to the season.  And yes, I still consider this week the real start of the year! 

Phenominal playing by Xander  definitely deserverd the win.   Hated to see Rory play a so-so round   He just couldnt get anything going  

DJ would have been in the mix if not for the unfortunate second round  

• Like 3

On 1/4/2019 at 8:34 PM, revkev said:

“Stimp meter readings on the Plantation Course are about as relevant as driving accuracy stats on tour.” Mark Rolfing - have to love that quote.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It was the hardest course for me to putt.  Combine the slopes of mountain golf with grainy Bermuda and then throw in some wind, and Wow!  I never had a clue where to putt and how hard to hit the ball, and YES I would love to go back and play it again!!!  

• Like 2

I really like Xander, but I also like Woodland.  Gary played great, and would have won if Xander didn't come up with that scorcher of a round.  Amazing ball striking!!

• Like 2

Hope the old adage doesn't apply to Woodland in the future - "always a bridesmaid never a bride". That putt not only cost him a chance at a playoff against Xander but also $541,000.  Of course he still made $759,000. not chump change but still that trophy would have been nice. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, revkev said:

Great back nine drama. Felt terrible for Woodland, questionable choice on his approach shot on 18 IMO.

Guess he decided to follow Rory - wrong guy to follow. 

I like seeing Woodland up there after switching to the Wilson sponsor. Good for Wilson Staff. I felt like he played pretty conservative throughout the day though.

• Like 1

Not sure if Woody could have done much more on Sunday. I think he was either 5 or 6 under.  That birdie putt on 18 seemed like it had some nerves in it (expectedly so) but he played well all day, Xander just got hot .. super hot .. and was lights out. Hit some incredible shots considering the risk/reward.

Good start to the year but those fairways were super easy to hit.

Great to see Rory and Woody congratulate Xander next to the scorecard shack. Class acts.

Rory better fix those putting probs... could be a long season.  But he can just kill it off the tee. Fun to watch!

Finally, cool to start watching at 5 pm. 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Guess he decided to follow Rory - wrong guy to follow. 

Just saw the replay when I turned on the TV.  I don't think he was following Rory,  based on his reaction it was a bad shot.  he had the club to go at the pin.  

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Just saw the replay when I turned on the TV.  I don't think he was following Rory,  based on his reaction it was a bad shot.  he had the club to go at the pin.  

Yeah...I think he had about the same shot on Saturday and put it on the green.  I think that was just a mishit.  Bad time for that to happen but I really thought his chip shot was going to be a lot closer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

You're correct - I was being facetious. I'm sure the roar of the crowd when Xander made his putt must have had some effect on him. 

• Like 1