TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official MGS Fantasy Golf League

STUDque

29 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Anyone else having issues with the Fantrax site?  I'm trying to rank players, as I most likely won't be able to draft "live".  I've been getting an error message on their website for about two days while attempting to complete my rankings.

PM me a screenshot of the error. I'll start a Support ticket. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm sorta surprised that the API isn't a tier 2 event. It always has a good field and the purse is higher than most. Is it because we only wanted 4 tier 2s or to keep from having back to back tier 2s?

Edit: not that I really care or disagree with yall, I was just curious. 🤓

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

27 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

I'm sorta surprised that the API isn't a tier 2 event. It always has a good field and the purse is higher than most. Is it because we only wanted 4 tier 2s or to keep from having back to back tier 2s?

It's a little bit of both.  Wanted to keep more standard events than special ones. Right now we're at 16 normal and 8 special. Besides back to back, the Masters is right around the corner from it too so it clustered a bunch all in that time window.

There's no perfect answer to the Tier 2 list, that's for sure. As you can see, Berg put a lot of thought into it. 

Edit: Draft is coming up. Anybody getting pumped? Looks like the draft order already Auto generated so you can see where you pick if you're interested. Can't say I'm thrilled with mine 🙃

2 hours ago, Undershooter30 said:

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

It's a little bit of both.  Wanted to keep more standard events than special ones. Right now we're at 16 normal and 8 special. Besides back to back, the Masters is right around the corner from it too so it clustered a bunch all in that time window.

There's no perfect answer to the Tier 2 list, that's for sure. As you can see, Berg put a lot of thought into it. 

Edit: Draft is coming up. Anybody getting pumped? Looks like the draft order already Auto generated so you can see where you pick if you're interested. Can't say I'm thrilled with mine 🙃

So, let me peel back the curtain on this a bit farther. This system of scheduling was not the original intent of what Stud had put on the table, and I thought we'd have more tier twos more more bonus earning opportunities. Sadly, Fantrax wasn't willing to completely rebuild the league structure just for us, which is understandable to an extent. 

Originally there were going to be six events. Tentative List 1 was Players, Fed-Ex St. Jude, Memorial, and The Genesis Open, if we wanted 6 it would be adding WGC Mexico and the API. The one problem with this structure, that's 3 of 4 weeks as a tiered event and four total of the first 7 weeks. That and with so many new guys who didn't play with this system last season, it seemed intimidating to them perhaps and really front loaded the season. 

Then tentative list two was floated and, if you were on here when I had made that post, this was going to be the plan. Again 6 tier twos, the current four we have, plus WGC Mexico and Wyndham. I made the post and discussed it in PM with Stud about that would give us 72 total matchups through the whole of the season. We thought that a bit unruly and made the call to get it to 4 tier twos, leaving us with the current list.

So, that's just a bit of the conversation Stud and I are having to try and find a happy ground for ya'll, just figured to be transparent about it.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Oh also, for everyone involved in the draft, here's three tips I'm going to give you, do what you want with them, but I think they'll be pretty helpful.

1) Get into the draft room. They are open for you so you can learn where you're drafting, but also to check connections and play around with stuff. It's going to be a mad house with 16 of us all there at once so if you have questions or have connection issues it's better to find out now than later.

2) Remember about autodrafting. Please guys, if you aren't going to be there for the draft, be kind enough to set your team to autodraft before the draft begins. Nothing kills the buzz like everyone waiting around for a minute while the clock ticks down without you there.

3) PRERANK YOUR PLAYERS: I cannot stress this enough. The default rankings are based on Year To Date Stats. That means the following is your current top 10.

1. Scott Piercy
  2. Gary Woodland
  3. CH3
  4. J.J. Spaun
  5. Joel Dahmen
  6. Chez Reavie
  7. Cameron Champ
  8. Brice Garnett
  9. Emiliano Grillo
  10. Patton Kizzire

So, in that list are some interesting golfers, but none who I assume people are thinking are first round selections. Well, if you don't prerank your players and you aren't in the draft room when it's your pick, pretty good chance instead of JT or Rory or Tiger, your team will start with Scott Piercy. You want my advice? Rank your top 40ish guys.

We've got to start 4 guys every week and knowing that you'll have a team full of guys you wanted is good, and then use the bench whoever you want and take these guys after that, but we're talking the first 64 picks in either draft are likely to be your studs, so you better get studs! Another upside, you won't have to go searching for the name you want, it'll be right there in your rankings! 

PRERANK YOUR PLAYERS PLEASE

Alright, that's it for me, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

13 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, let me peel back the curtain on this a bit farther. This system of scheduling was not the original intent of what Stud had put on the table, and I thought we'd have more tier twos more more bonus earning opportunities. Sadly, Fantrax wasn't willing to completely rebuild the league structure just for us, which is understandable to an extent. 

Originally there were going to be six events. Tentative List 1 was Players, Fed-Ex St. Jude, Memorial, and The Genesis Open, if we wanted 6 it would be adding WGC Mexico and the API. The one problem with this structure, that's 3 of 4 weeks as a tiered event and four total of the first 7 weeks. That and with so many new guys who didn't play with this system last season, it seemed intimidating to them perhaps and really front loaded the season. 

Then tentative list two was floated and, if you were on here when I had made that post, this was going to be the plan. Again 6 tier twos, the current four we have, plus WGC Mexico and Wyndham. I made the post and discussed it in PM with Stud about that would give us 72 total matchups through the whole of the season. We thought that a bit unruly and made the call to get it to 4 tier twos, leaving us with the current list.

So, that's just a bit of the conversation Stud and I are having to try and find a happy ground for ya'll, just figured to be transparent about it.

It's all good. I'm more than happy with the schedule. I was just curious why we left that one off since it's a big money event. I figured it was for the reasons you mentioned. I haven't been on here much but Stud has twitter messaged me a few times in the last couple of weeks about what all was going on. I know yall are working hard on it! Thanks for the hard work btw!

4 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

It's all good. I'm more than happy with the schedule. I was just curious why we left that one off since it's a big money event. I figured it was for the reasons you mentioned. I haven't been on here much but Stud has twitter messaged me a few times in the last couple of weeks about what all was going on. I know yall are working hard on it! Thanks for the hard work btw!

No prob US, I know you didn't mean anything by it. Just figured I'd be open about how the decision was made. It wasn't without some thought, that's for damn sure!

SIK Golf Flo-C

12 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

No prob US, I know you didn't mean anything by it. Just figured I'd be open about how the decision was made. It wasn't without some thought, that's for damn sure!

For sure! I know yall aren't going about it half assed. 

I'm looking forward to the season!

16 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Don't love where I'm at either 😐

One more thing, if you're in the Truth League, aka the 8:00 EST draft, you'll have to click the gear in the draft room and select the Truth league from the dropdown to access our draft room. It's there, I promise.

EDIT: Turns out, you may be locked into your rooms and this is a commissioner option. If so, disregard this post. If not, well, you know how to get to the room

SIK Golf Flo-C

Thanks for the tips, I am going to have to go rank my players and setup for auto draft. I am about 50/50 on being able to make the draft. If I get there late, can I switch fro auto to manual?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Thanks for the tips, I am going to have to go rank my players and setup for auto draft. I am about 50/50 on being able to make the draft. If I get there late, can I switch fro auto to manual?

You sure can my man! I did it last season, you'll just have to uncheck the autodraft option

SIK Golf Flo-C

Draft order got mucked up a bit (Hardcore had 2 picks in every round) but the bug has been worked out now. Since the Draft Order reset again, @Berg Ryman and I decided to take this opportunity to do our own manual draft orders and display a little creativity at the same time. 

His is more theatric than mine so I'll go first with the DIGEST division draft order:

Ouch. Lucky number 16.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Just do me a favor and leave all the Nike boys for my auto draft rankings to scoop up. Thanks everyone!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TRUTH CONFERENCE COMMISSIONER HEADQUARTERS

Fellow Truth League Owners,

As stated above, the league had encountered an issue with the draft order, which means as commissioner, I must re-run an order for the upcoming draft. Now, as you have seen, our friends in the Digest Conference have decided to take a simple digitized wheel for their selections. While fair, it lacks the flair and sense of drama that the Truth Conference will be known for. We will have the smack talk, we will have the fun posts, and we will have the overall champion at seasons end. Throwing the gauntlet down @GolfSpy STUDque

Therefore, I invite all the owners of Truth Conference teams, as well as those who wish to see what this battle will be all about. There will be an official live stream of the 2019 Truth Conference Draft Lottery played on the official YouTube of the commissioner at a time to be revealed on Monday, Jan 21. There, the commissioner will be making the draft order official with the draft lottery. Links will follow below and video will be archived for viewing if owners are unable to make the live stream.

We look forward to seeing you on the 21st of this month for what is sure to be an interesting event. Again, more information will be coming in the next days as to how the lottery will commence and what it will entail. Believe in the Truth, seek it and it will set you free.

~ Berg Ryman 

SIK Golf Flo-C

Ohhh buddy, cannot wait for Monday! Do you have a time set yet for the live stream, Berg? Or will those details be coming very soon?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

3 hours ago, TSauer said:

Ohhh buddy, cannot wait for Monday! Do you have a time set yet for the live stream, Berg? Or will those details be coming very soon?

Details will be forthcoming. I'm guessing sometime around 4 pm EST, but tough to say.

SIK Golf Flo-C

12 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TRUTH CONFERENCE COMMISSIONER HEADQUARTERS

Fellow Truth League Owners,

As stated above, the league had encountered an issue with the draft order, which means as commissioner, I must re-run an order for the upcoming draft. Now, as you have seen, our friends in the Digest Conference have decided to take a simple digitized wheel for their selections. While fair, it lacks the flair and sense of drama that the Truth Conference will be known for. We will have the smack talk, we will have the fun posts, and we will have the overall champion at seasons end. Throwing the gauntlet down @GolfSpy STUDque

Therefore, I invite all the owners of Truth Conference teams, as well as those who wish to see what this battle will be all about. There will be an official live stream of the 2019 Truth Conference Draft Lottery played on the official YouTube of the commissioner at a time to be revealed on Monday, Jan 21. There, the commissioner will be making the draft order official with the draft lottery. Links will follow below and video will be archived for viewing if owners are unable to make the live stream.

We look forward to seeing you on the 21st of this month for what is sure to be an interesting event. Again, more information will be coming in the next days as to how the lottery will commence and what it will entail. Believe in the Truth, seek it and it will set you free.

~ Berg Ryman 

Until then, you are the best commish! I'm looking foward to it! 

Afterwards, anyone in my way, to the path of champion, shall be destroyed, including you. 😇 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

On 1/19/2019 at 11:59 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Draft order got mucked up a bit (Hardcore had 2 picks in every round) but the bug has been worked out now. Since the Draft Order reset again, @Berg Ryman and I decided to take this opportunity to do our own manual draft orders and display a little creativity at the same time. 

You call it a bug.  I call it a feature 😉

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TRUTH CONFERENCE COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE

Fellow Truth Conference members,

Today will be the Truth Conference Draft Lottery. The time will be announced sometime later today with a link set to follow along with our livestream. Due to an issue with Youtube streaming, the stream will instead take place on the official Twitter of Commissioner Berg Ryman, with links and an official time to follow. The commissioner expects it to take place at 4:00 EST, but it could be later or earlier depending on prior commitments. 

Now, many have asked what form this lottery will take. At first I had considered taking each player in the league and attaching him at random to a 16 horse field at Gulfstream Park for a race where the order of finish would determine the draft order. Then, I considered potentially having the members of the Truth Conference select a random number between 1 and 30 and assigning them to that spot in the upcoming WWE Royal Rumble match. However, as this is the first official MGS draft lottery, this is where I found my inspiration.

I would ask all owners to go back to the first ever NBA Draft Lottery. In 1985, The New York Knicks won the draft lottery and with it the right to select Patrick Ewing from Georgetown as the #1 overall selection. However, many a conspiracy theory has popped up around this lottery with some claiming the "frozen envelope" theory, that the Knicks envelope was colder than the others allowed the commissioner to select it and guarantee a strong team in New York for at least a decade. So, how could I recreate the frozen envelope and pay tribute to the first draft lottery? Well, this is how I'm trying.

So, first I wrote down the numbers 1 through 16 on individual post-it notes and folded them and placed them into my hat for selection. 

Xql1kaDm.jpg

Then, after randomly drawing them out of the hat I put them into an ice cube tray.

vWMhpgBm.jpg

After placing the folded post-its into the water and ice cube tray, I placed them in the freezer.

uh95Xcam.jpg

Today, I removed them from the tray and put them in a bowl where they will be randomly selected during our live stream. Now, the astute among you will realize that tray had only 14 spaces, cubes 15 and 16 are currently being made as we speak while all are in the freezer awaiting the lottery. Again, I do not know which cube is which so the draw is inherently random.  Now, the numbers correspond to your order in the standings as currently constituted. The first team drawn will be the 16th pick, the second 15th and so on in typical reverse order. In case you are wondering of your number, here is that list.

1 Asef      
2 Apolloshowl      
3 DannyDips      
4 Rhyming Bergs      
5 BLADE COLLAR BOYZ      
6 Jbmullin      
7 Jahren01 putt masters      
8 GB13      
9 Sweet & Sauer      
10 Low Country Hacker      
11 blackngold_blood      
12 cnosil      
13 Kyle Hiester Stinger Season      
14 Russtopherb      
15 Zero Sportsmanship      
16 GG's Taco Stand      

In closing, I hope you enjoy today's proceeding. We were going to potentially melt the cubes in front of my wood fire, but that was thought to have taken too long and the lighting isn't great since it's in my basement. Remember, seek the Truth, and it will set you free.

~ Berg Ryman

SIK Golf Flo-C

Right on, Berg! This is one of those rare times where I hope I'm picked last.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

LIVESTREAM COMMENCES AT 3 PM EST. LINK TO FOLLOW

SIK Golf Flo-C

SIK Golf Flo-C

DRAFT LOTTERY RESULTS

16 rhyming bergs

15 gb13

14 danny dips

13 zero sportsmanship

12 jbmullin

11 russtopherb

10 apolloshowl

9 low country hackers

8 Blade Collar Boyz

7 Asef

6 Jahren

5 Tsauer

4 gg taco stand

3 Kyle Hiester

2 cnosil

1 BlacknGold_Blood

Thank you for those who joined the lottery, the order will be updated in Fantrax to show this result. See you on the 30th. 

SIK Golf Flo-C

Well that ain't good... 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

#1 pick! Just curious can we trade draft picks?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

#1 pick! Just curious can we trade draft picks?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's turned on but I'm not quite sure how it works. It may need to be a dynasty league to work properly. If nothing else, commish can manually edit picks if you come to agreement with another manager. Just make sure both sides still have 10 picks. 

Feel free to test it out. That's what MGS is so good at!