TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official MGS Fantasy Golf League

STUDque

...so the worst team gets to play the 2nd worst team and also the best team.  OUCH.

it's like hitting it to 5 feet for birdie and then missing the putt....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

5 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I agree, I am not a huge fan of this system either, but in one of @GolfSpy STUDque's posts he says 1 plays 2 and 16. 

Here @Undershooter, it's in the final edit. 

Thanks for the heads up. I was out of pocket for most of the preseason.

I'm not a fan of this, nor the play similar ranked teams thing. Just my 2 cents.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Does anyone have an idea for another way to set the matchups? One that would be slightly more fair. The only reason I brought it up was not to complain but to create discussion and find a better solution. 

4 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Does anyone have an idea for another way to set the matchups? One that would be slightly more fair. The only reason I brought it up was not to complain but to create discussion and find a better solution. 

1 plays 2 and 16

2 plays 1 and 15

3 plays 4 and 14

4 plays 3 and 13

5 plays 6 and 12

6 plays 5 and 11

7 plays 8 and 10

8 plays 7 and 9

9 plays 10 and 8

10 plays 9 and 7

11 plays 12 and 6

12 plays 11 and 5

13 plays 14 and 4

14 plays 13 and 3

15 plays 16 and 2

16 plays 15 and 1

It's an advantage to be higher, but you're still playing a team close to you. 

Feel free to tear apart as needed! 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 plays 2 and 16
2 plays 1 and 15
3 plays 4 and 14
4 plays 3 and 13
5 plays 6 and 12
6 plays 5 and 11
7 plays 8 and 10
8 plays 7 and 9
9 plays 10 and 8
10 plays 9 and 7
11 plays 12 and 6
12 plays 11 and 5
13 plays 14 and 4
14 plays 13 and 3
15 plays 16 and 2
16 plays 15 and 1
It's an advantage to be higher, but you're still playing a team close to you. 
Feel free to tear apart as needed! 
This seems like a good fair option to me but I am about to go on a losing streak since I opened my mouth! 0-4 here I come

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

16 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Sort by total points scored and play the team below you...??

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Just saying, the time for this discussion would've been at the beginning of the season. There was ample time given to debate this. It's way too late to do it for THE PLAYERS (and the rest of the Tier 2 events) but we'd be willing to entertain a change to the majors if you guys can pass a vote for an alternative solution. 

Here's the short and sweet motivation for why we did it this way: season-long competition. Bringing everyone to the middle gives more teams a chance to make the playoffs for a larger portion of the schedule. What's the point to set lineups if you're eliminated from the playoffs before The Open? Besides, there will be no doubt that the top playoff seeds earned it. 

For this week, the Digest matchups are set. You'll see them in your live scoring or matchups page. @Berg Ryman will take care of Truth. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

55 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Just saying, the time for this discussion would've been at the beginning of the season. There was ample time given to debate this. It's way too late to do it for THE PLAYERS (and the rest of the Tier 2 events) but we'd be willing to entertain a change to the majors if you guys can pass a vote for an alternative solution. 

Here's the short and sweet motivation for why we did it this way: season-long competition. Bringing everyone to the middle gives more teams a chance to make the playoffs for a larger portion of the schedule. What's the point to set lineups if you're eliminated from the playoffs before The Open? Besides, there will be no doubt that the top playoff seeds earned it. 

For this week, the Digest matchups are set. You'll see them in your live scoring or matchups page. @Berg Ryman will take care of Truth. 

I don't mind the current rules. It's not like anyone has a bad or particularly good team. I'm in first and honestly there are a lot of other teams I'd rather go against than @Shankster whose in last this week and has both Rose and Molinari starting... As long as everyone is setting their lineup I don't think anyone is going to run away with it. Playing someone near you in rank just makes it more exciting if you ask me...Of course if you lose all 4 it sucks, but its still not like you are out of the whole thing, there is a very long season remaining...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I would be more inclined to be ok with it if #1 didn't play number two and then the last place. That means that everyone gets bunched together except for those in dead last and those in first. Who get further separated.

I apologize for not being a able to speak out in the pre-season about it. But it's not as though we haven't made adjustments on the fly all along.

Side note: Weren't waivers supposed to run this morning? Because they weren't processed and now some players are on wiavers and some are FA.

4 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

I would be more inclined to be ok with it if #1 didn't play number to and then last place. That means that everyone gets bunched together except for those in dead last and those in first. Who get further separated.

I apologize for not being a able to speak out in the pre-season about it. But it's not as though we haven't made adjustments on the fly all along.

Side note: Weren't waivers supposed to run this morning? Because they weren't processed and now some players are on wiavers and some are FA.

I think the waivers ran this morning, and anyone who wasn't claimed went to FA while anyone who was just dropped went to WW. Right @GolfSpy STUDque?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

19 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

I would be more inclined to be ok with it if #1 didn't play number to and then last place. That means that everyone gets bunched together except for those in dead last and those in first. Who get further separated.

I will happily let you play @Shankster this week and I'll play @Bucky CC...I have 0 problems with that. 🙂 No offense @Bucky CC

14 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I think the waivers ran this morning, and anyone who wasn't claimed went to FA while anyone who was just dropped went to WW. Right @GolfSpy STUDque?

Well this feels mostly right but Oosthuizen has been on waivers since last week and he's still on waivers..and it doesn't look anyone has picked him up and dropped him recently. which I think is really odd. I only know because I had a claim in for him but then cancelled it this weekend. Waivers definitely ran though, I see them in transaction history. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

4 minutes ago, bardle said:

I will happily let you play @Shankster this week and I'll play @Bucky CC...I have 0 problems with that. 🙂 No offense @Bucky CC

Well this feels mostly right but Oosthuizen has been on waivers since last week and he's still on waivers..and it doesn't look anyone has picked him up and dropped him recently. which I think is really odd. I only know because I had a claim in for him but then cancelled it this weekend. Waivers definitely ran though, I see them in transaction history. 

Incorrect. I put in a claim for Louis and he is still on waivers. I had a claim in for him since last week. 

Edit: Which is why I asked about waivers not processing. 

Just now, Undershooter said:

Incorrect. I put in a claim for Louis and he is still on waivers. I had a claim in for him since last week. 

Edit: Which is why I asked about waivers not processing. 

That was my point, something strange is happening with him in particular. Waivers ran for everyone else. You can see them in the transaction history, but for whatever reason he is just staying on waivers and not getting resolved to anyone... @GolfSpy STUDque There is definitely something weird happening with at least him... And he never seems to fall to FA status which I think is even weirder..

RH:

#cobraconnect19

6 minutes ago, bardle said:

That was my point, something strange is happening with him in particular. Waivers ran for everyone else. You can see them in the transaction history, but for whatever reason he is just staying on waivers and not getting resolved to anyone... @GolfSpy STUDque There is definitely something weird happening with at least him... And he never seems to fall to FA status which I think is even weirder..

The same thing is happening with Peter Uihlein and Dylan Fritteli. Is there a conspiracy against former Euro tour guys and South Africans? lol

Edit: It also seems the waiver wire order has not changed despite claims being made. It's still showing in reverse order of standings. 

@Bardle its not just that it is unfair for first to play last place. Shankster has a good roster so he will be formidable for you. But it sucks for him, because he has to play you. Wouldn't he prefer to matchup with 2nd to last and 3rd to last place teams since they are the most similar to him record wise? Or matchup with second to last team and last place in the other division. 

The current setting is designed to bunch everyone up in the middle but give an advantage to first place and a disadvantage to last place. There really shouldn't be an advantage or disadvantage for any team. 

@Bardle its not just that it is unfair for first to play last place. Shankster has a good roster so he will be formidable for you. But it sucks for him, because he has to play you. Wouldn't he prefer to matchup with 2nd to last and 3rd to last place teams since they are the most similar to him record wise? Or matchup with second to last team and last place in the other division. 
The current setting is designed to bunch everyone up in the middle but give an advantage to first place and a disadvantage to last place. There really shouldn't be an advantage or disadvantage for any team. 

I’m not a fan of making mid season changes. Our commissioners are spending a lot of their free time putting this together with pretty much no reward. They do a great job and shouldn’t be forced to defend the rules that were open for discussion more than a month ago.

If I paid $100+ to join I might be a little more vocal with things I’d like changed, but it’s a free league. Just enjoy it.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

43 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Good explanation, I understand where you are coming from a little better now. Its still just double the matchups, which I think is the point. the only "fair" alternative I can think of is a blind draw for the other 2 matchups for each team. 

But, like I said, I'm fine with it the way it is..

RH:

#cobraconnect19

17 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I’m not a fan of making mid season changes. Our commissioners are spending a lot of their free time putting this together with pretty much no reward. They do a great job and shouldn’t be forced to defend the rules that were open for discussion more than a month ago.

If I paid $100+ to join I might be a little more vocal with things I’d like changed, but it’s a free league. Just enjoy it.

I'm very aware of what is required of a commissioner. I've run the MGS fantasy football league for the last 4 or 5 years and generally run between 5-10 fantasy sports leagues each year. Some paid, some free. I'm in no way trying to take anything away from them, because if anyone knows what is they deal with its me. 

We have already showed a propensity to improve the league as the season has gone on. Not just once but multiple times. I am merely trying to improve on something that I believe is unfair. If nobody else wants to, then that's fine and it doesn't matter. But it appears I am not the only one that has felt this way.

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

I'm very aware of what is required of a commissioner. I've run the MGS fantasy football league for the last 4 or 5 years and generally run between 5-10 fantasy sports leagues each year. Some paid, some free. I'm in no way trying to take anything away from them, because if anyone knows what is they deal with its me. 

We have already showed a propensity to improve the league as the season has gone on. Not just once but multiple times. I am merely trying to improve on something that I believe is unfair. If nobody else wants to, then that's fine and it doesn't matter. But it appears I am not the only one that has felt this way.

Ok so put it to a vote so we can put this thing to bed and stop talking about it. Come up with an alternative solution and post an impartial poll to the league homepage. Here's the box you have to operate in:

1) Since it's too late for THE PLAYERS, all tier 2 events will continue as is. Your proposal applies to majors only. 

2) Random draw is out. Can't be automated without redoing the whole schedule. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I’m in last or almost last place. We are only a few events in. I don’t care if I play the guy in front of me or first place. Al it takes is for Jason Duffner to have a hot week and I’ll beat number 1.

I see how this will even out over the course of the season. I have a pretty darn good roster, but they haven’t done crap yet aside from Franky.

I think we should all just be patient and let it play out. I was towards the bottom of the pack last year and ended up making the playoffs, and did rather well.

I’ll vote for whatever but I think it will play out just like it is.

Did something this week haven’t done in any fantasy in a while: started a guy who’s not playing. #UGH “Hello”, two losses...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Did something this week haven’t done in any fantasy in a while: started a guy who’s not playing. #UGH “Hello”, two losses...

I started two non players in week 2. Forgot to save my Lineup.
Unfortunately you are playing 4 matches this week so maybe 0-4? Unless you are playing one of those teams that seems to be unmanaged

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Justin Rose was not a good first round pick.

I actually thought about picking him myself. Glad I didn’t.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hindsight is 20/20, shoulda picked Rory. Dude is having a year.

Yep and you never know Rise could win majors and help you win the tier 2 matchups getting you four wins each time and Rory could fall apart.

I started two non players in week 2. Forgot to save my Lineup.
Unfortunately you are playing 4 matches this week so maybe 0-4? Unless you are playing one of those teams that seems to be unmanaged

Well, isn’t that special...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well enjoy your free wins against me fellas.

I'll take your 🌹 if you'll have my Rickie...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0