GolfSpy STUDque

Playoff Bracket: Top 8 in each

C3002A3B-915E-479D-8322-818AD91CF98A.jpeg

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

So far my management is terrible. emoji24.png

Same, my wildcard choice was not the right choice. yikes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

So far my management is terrible. emoji24.png

Mine too. I have the tourney leader, and a HIO on the bench, and I certainly shouldn't have played Furyk. 

20 hours ago, GB13 said:

Mine too. I have the tourney leader, and a HIO on the bench, and I certainly shouldn't have played Furyk. 

Careful. Father time shot 67 today. I'm rocking him in tons of tiered style pools. 

• Like 1

Asking for a friend.... 

What bonus points do we get for players throwing a driver into the ocean? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Careful. Father time shot 67 today. I'm rocking him in tons of tiered style pools. 

True. He's gone -7 since I posted that yesterday. Now Poults goes off and makes an 8. 🙄😳

• Like 1

Don't you love you when you leave someone who's T6 on the bench! By damn I've regressed this year in player selection. 

• Like 2

Don't you love you when you leave someone who's T6 on the bench! By damn I've regressed this year in player selection. 

My favorite is trading a guy who is in second for a guy who missed the cut at +8!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

:Sigh:

Another 0-5 week. I guess I can take solace in the fact that no lineup would've gotten me some wins since even my bench wouldn't have gotten it done. 

#SpyStaffSlam lineup is looking ok though if Xander can get hot 😁

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

Same, I've got someone who is T-4 on the bench, and I played Poults instead. Yikes. 

• Like 1

There is a very real possibility that my only win this week could be the league average matchup. However if Woodland can stay hot and Fitzpatrick and Matsuyama can come alive, I could end up 5-0. These weeks would have me pulling out my hair if I had any!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

There is a very real possibility that my only win this week could be the league average matchup. However if Woodland can stay hot and Fitzpatrick and Matsuyama can come alive, I could end up 5-0. These weeks would have me pulling out my hair if I had any! emoji51.png

Well, I think you're getting your wish with Woodland... which is unfortunate for me. 

Well, I think you're getting your wish with Woodland... which is unfortunate for me. 

I’m not sure Woodland will be enough by himself.

Getting smoked this week. Ouch. 

@Shankster of course this week is the week Rose decides to show up. 

In other news. Poults is dead to me...

• Like 1

[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] of course this week is the week Rose decides to show up. 

I knew I held on to him for something.
  • Like 2

I trade G Woodland and now he is gonna win the US Open wtf!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I’m glad you finally let him go! Now if only I wouldn’t have traded Rose I might have won this week!🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bardle said:

@Shankster of course this week is the week Rose decides to show up. 

Me too

@blackngold_blood Congrats, you finally got me. 😉

Seriously though, couldn't have been happier for Woodland. Couldn't have happened to a better guy! 

• Like 2

5-0 this week if I don't leave Wallace on the bench. Wtf was I thinking? He finished 3rd at the PGA at BP which was basically the US Open east this year. Damn I'm dumb sometimes 🤣

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jaysat

• By GSwag
      https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/1/30/koepka-on-pace-of-play-guys-are-already-so-slow-its-kind-of-embarrassing
      Not only is Brooks right, but I think it's only a matter of time before someone finally gets DeChambeau to pick up the pace and knock off the intentionally gamesmanship that he displays against his playing partners, by intentionally waiting to start his conversation with his caddie about whatever it is they talk about, until after the other guys have finished hitting.  I mean, if you want to talk about air density and a thousand other things no one ever thinks about, fine, but all I think anyone is asking here is that you abide by the pace of play guidelines that the Tour has in place.  Eventually the Tour has to buckle to the pressure if enough outside influences keep this topic as alive and well as it has been for some time now.  I'm just surprised we have such a blatant horrible penalty on a non-issue with Haotong Li that gave him no advantage whatsoever, when pace of play actually does affect the other golfers on the course, not only in your group, but also behind you, as they wait on every shot because you are too busy crunching numbers on things no one besides you has a clue about or could care less about.
    • By PING Apologist #9
      How about it Spies? Anyone going to be watching (after football of course...)? This is one of my favorite tournaments since it reminds me of our two trips to vacation on Oahu including just last year the week after this same event. Love Hawaii and dream daily of visiting there more in the future. Ahhhh, the sun, the surf, the drinks....sigh...
      I know we have a few spies who live there (@yungkory for one), and @SteddyGolf used to be stationed there also. Curious if anyone has ever gone to watch or even are planning to attend this year. If so, please share some pics, videos and anything related.
      Also, please share your picks and anything related to this tourney here. Me? I going with Bryson. He just looks to be in some sort of weird zone lately. Second for me is JT.
      MAHALO!
    • By downlowkey
      I'm no math whiz but that equation looks wonky and until roughly 3:00 PM EST, Sunday 8/26/18 the answer was actually "10".

But after grinding out a final round (-2) 69 at The Northern Trust, Bryson Dechambeau turned it up to "Eleven" and joined the following list of professional golfers that have won 3 or more PGA Tour events before their 25th birthday over the past 30 years: Phil, Tiger, A. Scott, Sergio, A.K., Rory, Spieth, JT, Hideki, P. Reed.

Of the 11 names currently occupying this list, only 3 have yet to claim a major title: A.K. - this mystery deserves further study; Hideki - it's only a matter of time; Dechambeau - the subject of this thread...

Alright, I've thrown enough historical numbers at you. Let's focus the rest of this discussion on the "Mad Scientist". Love him or hate him (I personally fall somewhere in the middle), this man is playing a different game than the rest of the tour; and quirky as it may be, the stats are getting harder to ignore.

FedEx Cup Rank: 1
      OWGR: 11 (how serendipitous)
      2018 Cuts - PGA Tour : 19/23 (technically adjusted for injury related WDs 21/23)
      Total Strokes Gained: 5th

B.A.D. has been making history since his college tenure (5th player to hold both NCAA Championship and U.S. Amateur in the same year - Nicklaus, Woods, Phil, R. Moore) and upon turning Pro in 2016, seems hell bent on elevating his game to equally rarefied professional ranks.

But how is he really getting it done? This question is the heart of the matter and what I find so intriguing. During interviews he exhibits a supreme (to the point of annoyance) confidence but just last month cameras captured the driving range meltdown reminiscent of a weekend hacker. The foundation of his game champions accuracy over length but coming down the stretch we have seen the swing science go awry with some shots that are absolutely off the map. It's now clear that the protractor wasn't his sole trump card.

So let's suss it out Spies...
    • By GolfSub70
      Just wanted to share a ~1 hour interview with PGA Tour winner and Impact Zone Golf founder Bobby Clampett.  Interview covers his playing days, what he learned as a CBS announcer, then his comments on some current swings and his passion for instruction and the golf swing

Soundcloud link - https://t.co/BvosQ344cJ 
    • By GolfSub70
      Hey guys just wanted to share a new golf podcast.  The first episode is a round table type discussion after the Sentry TOC.  Discussion covers a number of players, the tournament, 2018 thoughts and more.  That episode is explicit/NSFW

https://soundcloud.com/user-560168764/sub-70-episode-1

The second episode is a ~60 minute interview with Mark Calcavecchia.  It's a great conversation from a 13 time PGA Tour winner, Open Champ and Ryder Cup champ..  You can find that episode below

https://soundcloud.com/user-560168764/episode-2-mark-calcavecchia

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!