jlukes

Justin Rose signs Multi-year agreement with HONMA

Posted (edited)

It will be nice to see a new (new may not be the right word... New to us?) brand that isn't as pronounced being displayed on tour. Especially where a top player is showcasing them. 

Edited by Apolloshowl
  • Like 1

One of the worse kept secrets of the year. Nice to see Honma adding a tour presence. 

Im curious to see when he puts the woods in the bag as one of the rumors was he wasn’t adding them to the bag right away

I was a little shocked to see that he is putting their driver in play. My guess was it was an iron/bag deal when I first heard about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t believe he is giving up his Hi-Toe wedge. Seems like he was one of the first guys to use it back when they were prototypes.

I think that it’s only a 10 club deal so he has some wiggle room in there to keep stuff he’s comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Woooo. Get a look at these beauties. This is huge:

• Like 3

Dang. He really was mad about that “Rory Proto” thing wasn’t he.

Busy looking blade.

Good for JR.

Dang. He really was mad about that “Rory Proto” thing wasn’t he.

Busy looking blade.

Good for JR.
?

They almost all had their name on their own proto irons before they were the 730s

IMG_7488.jpeg
  • Like 1

?

They almost all had their name on their own proto irons before they were the 730s

IMG_7488.jpeg.6fb944e6eebd4ff9472df8e268b3d5f1.jpeg

True, but the “RORS Proto” were the first to hit the inter web from what I remember. Then I saw the DJ’s, then Rose Proto. But that was over a year ago... my memory could be proving me wrong.

Looks like he has the AXIS Putter back in play too. Very interested in his fairway wood choice, guessing it will be TM. And them ball is a different story. No idea where he is going to land with that.

Looks like he has the AXIS Putter back in play too. Very interested in his fairway wood choice, guessing it will be TM. And them ball is a different story. No idea where he is going to land with that.

My guess is that he keeps the same ball. With a lot of changes across the bag, it will give him some familiarity. Plus with as well as he played last year, I can’t imagine he would change that part of the bag.

1 hour ago, Rtracymog said:

My guess is that he keeps the same ball. With a lot of changes across the bag, it will give him some familiarity. Plus with as well as he played last year, I can’t imagine he would change that part of the bag.

No need to guess the ball is staying the same. 

• Like 1