TESTERS WANTED! ×

Member Introductions

First off, thank you for joining the MyGolfSpy forum!

As for myself, I'm Morris and I'm a bit of a golf nut who both enjoys playing the game and learning as much as I can about it. More importantly, I consider myself to be a very lucky husband to a beautiful and generous wife and a proud father of a wonderful 3 1/2 year old daughter.

If any of you have any questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to contact the moderators or administrators.

Again, welcome to MyGolfSpy and thank you very much for joining!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll follow Morris and tell everyone about myself...

My name is C.J. and I'm a die hard golf enthusiast. I love playing the game and learning all aspects of the game from equipment to the mechanics of the swing.

I look forward to meeting everyone on the forum and learning from them and hopefully I can help someone else learn something. As Morris said if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

C.J.

Hi to everyone. My name is Ian and have only 1 hobby . . . golf. I am looking forward to this new forum, there are several others which I frequent but it is my belief there is always room for another!!

I spend quite a lot of my time on a local Toronto golf forum where I am a moderator, I want to wish you all best wishes for a successful start and sustained growth.

• SPY VIP

Thanks GolfWolf...there are definitely a lot fo golf roums out there but we hope to fill the gaps that many of them miss out on.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

Hi to everyone. My name is Ian and have only 1 hobby . . . golf. I am looking forward to this new forum, there are several others which I frequent but it is my belief there is always room for another!!

I spend quite a lot of my time on a local Toronto golf forum where I am a moderator, I want to wish you all best wishes for a successful start and sustained growth.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Nice to see you on here OGB.

Hey everyone! Another golf forum, awesome!

I'm Sean from outside Ottawa, Canada father of 3 with a great wife who puts up with my golf obsession.

#TruthDigest

Hi all - Mainuh here. I didn't realize the forum was up and running until I opened my email this a.m. Some of you might recognize my name from one or two other forums that I frequent.

I'm not a prolific poster who likes to pad my count - if I see something of interest though, you can count on an observation/question.

As to vitals - 58, live in the Nutmeg state, my hcp is a bum left leg,play about once a week when the season kicks in.

MSG - best of luck with the new venture.

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

• SPY VIP

I sincerely thank you Mainuh. I hope you enjoy this new forum we have built.

Hi all - Mainuh here. I didn't realize the forum was up and running until I opened my email this a.m. Some of you might recognize my name from one or two other forums that I frequent.

I'm not a prolific poster who likes to pad my count - if I see something of interest though, you can count on an observation/question.

As to vitals - 58, live in the Nutmeg state, my hcp is a bum left leg,play about once a week when the season kicks in.

MSG - best of luck with the new venture.

rob

#TruthDigest

Name is Jason

Im 35

Im a Golf Professional at a Resort in Vegas, I have a 2 yr old daughter Isabella, and have been playing this game since I was a kid, Im into cars, loud music, good food and good wine. Ive been on most of the forums and im glad to see so many names I recognize on here.

Place looks amazing

Nice to see you and Mainuh on here Jason.

Name's Lanny, and I was a golf pro at a resort in the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia for a number of years...moved back to Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Have a 2 year old daughter and a wife that kicks me out of the house to play golf so all is well :blink:

Hello everyone. My name is Matt, and I'm addicted to golf. I also teach (high school history), coach basketball, and recently started a woodworking business, Saternus Woodworking, where I build custom putter racks and headcover racks. I'm 26, and my wife and I just got this awesome puppy, Dylan (who also loves golf forums, obviously).

Edit: Sorry, picture failed. I'll try to resize it and make it work.

Dylan on comp.jpg

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Nice to see you and Mainuh on here Jason.

Name's Lanny, and I was a golf pro at a resort in the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia for a number of years...moved back to Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Have a 2 year old daughter and a wife that kicks me out of the house to play golf so all is well B)

hey Lanny, good to see you and Rob here as well, Chad signed up also

I'm Jamieson, Jamo for short (hence the username) and I'm a high school senior (for about more 2.5 months). I played on the golf team in high school (in the fall) and I play junior tournaments in the summer. I'm a member on other forums and looking to see how this one stacks up. So far so good!

• SPY VIP

Hi All

My name is Dave and I am in Sacramento, CA. Just took up this silly/amazing game two years ago at 38. So challenging yet so rewarding. I have issues with club purchase impulse control, especially putters. Had my current Byron in the bag since last June, but I keep looking around at others.

Only working two days a week now, so I am hoping that I can improve my game this Spring with lots of time at the range. Drop the kids at school and beat balls is the plan. Providing the rain stops...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hi All

My name is Dave and I am in Sacramento, CA. Just took up this silly/amazing game two years ago at 38. So challenging yet so rewarding. I have issues with club purchase impulse control, especially putters. Had my current Byron in the bag since last June, but I keep looking around at others.

Only working two days a week now, so I am hoping that I can improve my game this Spring with lots of time at the range. Drop the kids at school and beat balls is the plan. Providing the rain stops...

Dave, where can I get a job like that?!?! :mellow:

Welcome to MGS ... I'm geographically not too far away from you.

Sooooooo my name is Nic, and I have been involved in the business side of golf since 1994. I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to. I have a lovely wife and 9 year old daughter. I carry a 9 hdcp, but if I could find a dammit hammer that works, I would be a 5.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Ok....just read the thread and realized I left some things out, LOL (not padding...I promise).

I'm 43, married, father of two boys, originally from TN but now live in KC, long ago used to work in the golf business in a few different capacities (retail, clubs/courses). I belong to a club and play as often as I can....usually 75+ rounds a year. I'm roughly a 10 handicap, give or take a few depending on how I'm playing (I can fire a 74 or a 90, LOL....wait...that's not funny....that's maddening). I'm an adherent of Jim Hardy's teaching methods, and do my best to follow his one-plane swing ideas.

I've got a small little club collection going, and always like to add to it when I can on the cheap.

Look forward to getting to know some of you on here.

I'll jump in...

My name is Brian, I live in Syracuse, NY (Go Orange - new ncaa # 1) and I just strted golfing about a year ago... I typically only get to play once a week for my league, and once on the weekend...

outside of golf, I teach High School biology to freshmen... I'm 32 married for 8 years, and have a 4 year old... I plan on starting up my CAS degree in a year or so in pursuit of becoming a school administrator in the next 5-10 years... I've got my masters already, so this is the next step... who know where it will take me...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

My handle gives my name. I started playing golf at 11 years old. I'm at the point now where I'm more into getting vintage clubs and fixing them up and making them almost like new. Some people rebuild old cars, I like to rebuild old clubs. Currently I have a few sets of old Hogan irons and would like to get more. I always enjoyed the Web site though and look forward to the forum.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

• SPY VIP

Hope you enjoy the forum too Richie. If you have any suggestions feel free to send them.

My handle gives my name. I started playing golf at 11 years old. I'm at the point now where I'm more into getting vintage clubs and fixing them up and making them almost like new. Some people rebuild old cars, I like to rebuild old clubs. Currently I have a few sets of old Hogan irons and would like to get more. I always enjoyed the Web site though and look forward to the forum.

3JACK

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Thanks Cobra! It took some time to learn the new system and get it the way we wanted it...so thanks for the compliments.

I finally made it. forum looks fantastic, good job guys. the extra time really paid off.

#TruthDigest

John Barry here, golf lover, high handicap, but improving! I am the President of a local golf club, the VB Golf Crew. We are running our first Charity Golf Tournament this May! We do 2 trips a year, one to Myrtle Beach and other smaller day or 1 night trips. I run a golf blog, where of course I plug MYGOLFSPY!!

My link

I am 41, have a great wife, 2 kids, my daughter for is 6 and 1/2 and a member of the First Tee Program, and a son who is 3 and 1/2 and should already be playing pro football!

Goals: I have a couple of golf related ideas, in the marketing field, and also in the clothing field, so someday, you may see me at the PGA Show, keep an eye out!

I am a huge John Daly fan, the everyman golfer.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived