TESTERS WANTED! ×

Member Introductions

Probably should have posted here first. I've silently read this forum for a while, then decided to join up and post as well. Definitely enjoying it a lot. My name is Jon. I'm 28, married. No kids yet so plenty of time to bring down my 14 handicap. . I'm in Southern California. I play about 2x a week all around the South Bay area. I'm a big baseball fan as well.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello GolfSpy community. This is Jeff Kobayashi the head of marketing here at www.fairwaygolf.com. Myself and the pro's that work at the shop will be working to provide you with up to date golf equipment news, product information, reviews, and of course the cheapest prices. We pride ourselves of being a true customer oriented company, rather than the HUGE stores like TGW and GolfSmith. Esentially we can get you anything you want. Rare Clubs from Japan like Maruman and Yonex to ANY custom shaft option you want (from brands like Mitsubishi, TrueTemper, and Miyazaki). You can call us at (858)268-2702 and talk to our pro fitters, visit our website at www.fairwaygolfusa.com, visit our store in San Diego and Mountain View California, or talk to us here! We want to show you, that we can be your high end custom fitting solution for the novice all the way to the low handicap golfers. Ask us anything you want, and we can get your game to that next level, and get some serious clubs in your bag. Thanks.

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

Hi everyone my name is Rory im 33 years of age and im from Dublin,Ireland.Im an electrician supervisor for an electrical and mechanical contracting firm in Ireland and the UK.Ive recently joined MGS and am looking forward to reading everyones views and joining in the discussions.Im a relative newcomer to the game having only started playing in the early summer months of 2010 although ive always had an interest in golf as im a keen all round sports fan but since picking up that club for the first time ive been totally hooked and am really passionate about this wonderful game i only regret that i didnt take up golf at a much earlier age so i now have to put in overtime to lower my 26 handicap at least thats what i tell my partner every saturday and sunday mornings.So thanks MGS for having me i hope to learn a thing or two from all your knoladgable golf spys.

Hey, folks. My name is Bobby Barbeau, and I work at Divot.com. The idea behind Divot.com is to provide golfers with a deal-a-day website, so you will definitely see a lot of me in the Deal-of-the-Day forum.

I would love to hear any input you have on the deals--do you love 'em, do you hate it, do you wish we would do a Divot deal for something on your wishlist? Let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Looking forward to chatting with you all around the forum. :)

divot-logo.gif

Check out today's golf deal of the day at DIVOT.com.

• SPY VIP

You can tell your partner that GolfSpy said that putting in overtime will definitely pay off :) Welcome to the forum Rory...nice to have you on.

Hi everyone my name is Rory im 33 years of age and im from Dublin,Ireland.Im an electrician supervisor for an electrical and mechanical contracting firm in Ireland and the UK.Ive recently joined MGS and am looking forward to reading everyones views and joining in the discussions.Im a relative newcomer to the game having only started playing in the early summer months of 2010 although ive always had an interest in golf as im a keen all round sports fan but since picking up that club for the first time ive been totally hooked and am really passionate about this wonderful game i only regret that i didnt take up golf at a much earlier age so i now have to put in overtime to lower my 26 handicap at least thats what i tell my partner every saturday and sunday mornings.So thanks MGS for having me i hope to learn a thing or two from all your knoladgable golf spys.

#TruthDigest

I am Dave and I am happy to join this forum. Looking to give advice as well as receive it. I live in sunny Arizona where we can play Golf year round, and I enjoy getting on the course when work and family allow.

I hope to contribute to the group here in meaningful ways.

Have a great next round!

Welcome to the spy.. but you don't have to rub the year round golf in are face... I am severally missing the course

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Hi everyone,

My name is Jim Dusbiber, I am a 30 year old husband and father of 2 young children. We reside in the near north suburbs of Chicago. I am territory sales manager for a sporting goods company.

I picked up the game at about age 14 through boy scouts (golf is merit badge, crazy huh?). I played on the HS team. I pratice/play sparingly now - probably about 4 to 5 times a year. I love them game and even used to work part time at a golf store.

I enjoy being able to be around the game in anyway i can and am hoping my newborn son will want to take up the game years from now.

- Jim

What in my Ping Hoofer?

Taylor Made Burner (09) Driver

Taylor Made Burner (07) 3&5 woods

Ping Eye2+

Ping G2i Craz-E

Hi everyone,

My name is Jim Dusbiber, I am a 30 year old husband and father of 2 young children. We reside in the near north suburbs of Chicago. I am territory sales manager for a sporting goods company.

I picked up the game at about age 14 through boy scouts (golf is merit badge, crazy huh?). I played on the HS team. I pratice/play sparingly now - probably about 4 to 5 times a year. I love them game and even used to work part time at a golf store.

I enjoy being able to be around the game in anyway i can and am hoping my newborn son will want to take up the game years from now.

- Jim

Congrats on the new addition to your family and welcome to MGS! :lol:

• 3 months later...

I should probably check in here.

My name is Tim Halberg. I'm 30, married and live in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA - basically golf year-round. My only problem is finding more guys to get out with during the week.

My wife and I are photographers with a focus on weddings and portraits, which provides plenty of travel - now I just need to start bringing my clubs with me more.

I was way into golf growing up, but once I hit high school it slowed down, and into college I just stopped playing. Almost two years ago now my friends all started playing together, and I refused to get back into it until one of my buddies gave me his old set of clubs and told me I could drink beers and smoke cigars while playing. Being a gear ***** and loving beer and cigars, I was hooked once again.

Been taking lessons for the past month and finally feel like I'm headed the right direction. A new swing, new grip, and learning correct posture, I'm having a blast and can't wait to understand the technical side of everything (seriously, there's soooo much it's overwhelming at times, but that's what I love about it)

Oh, I'm also really into guns, mountain biking, backpacking, traveling, and just too many gear oriented sports.

Welcome Tim, Glad you found us.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Just found this thread. Sorry for not posting this here first. My name is Mark, 37 and live just north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Came back to golf in the spring of 2010 after leaving the game for 11 years. Father of a four year old and two year old twins...so things are busy.

I was a pretty accomplished golfer before my "break". Played in college and was second team All-American. Still have a few guys my age out on the PGA Tour that I consider friends. After two years of trying to play the game for a living and essentially running out of funds. I made the decision to walk away and not pick up a club again until I could go out, play and not view it as a job. Thanks to my oldest who all he wants to do is golf...I found that and have really enjoyed playing. My game has suffered some from the long layoff. But looking forward to improving this summer.

I am a sales manager for a large printing company here in Grand Rapids. Enjoy the site and looking forward to contributing.

In my Titleist 14-Way Carry Bag:

Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft

Adams XTD 15 Degree Super Hybrid

Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degree

Adams CB2 - 4 - GW

Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 - Oil Can

Vokey Spin Milled 60.07 - Oil Can

Rife Trinidad

Titleist Pro V1X

• 3 months later...

I don't understand where my introduction got posted but I know I posted it back when the site first started. I remember I was 2nd right after Moecat. Also I had replied to many members who joined and welcomed those new members to the forum. I'm very curious where these posts went, but I guess i can do it all over again.

My name is Tim, I'm from Phila, Pa. I'm a Union Plumber/ CCM. I have 5 children and 4 out of 5 still live with me. 3 permanent and then others come and go as their money runs out. Long story short, I'm a GOLF EQUIPMENT JUNKIE and have been for at least 12-15 years now. I love the game of golf and its the one thing that kept my sanity when my wife went wacky and I had to raise my 5 kids alone. So between golf and my beautiful children, my life is great! I'm actually getting ready to launch my own golf business soon as i'm in all the particulars that take place to build a website get a merchant account secure all my domaine names and all that great stuff. I have my tax id and i thought thats all i needed but I'm finding out it's taking up a good part of my life right now. I did plumbing since I was 10 years old working for my father. Had my 25 year anniversary as a plumber while I was in the hospital having my left knee replaced after a 20-30' fall at work. Since that fall i am not doing any plumbing and it looks like Golf business will be my new career. Or I hope it works that way. Thing i summed up my life pretty well, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Tim

The original spy.....lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Brian here. I've been following MGS for over a year, just decided to join the forum. Great stuff here and on the MGS site. Just got back into the game regularly during the past two years or so. Lucky enough to be able to play 10+ months of the year in NorCal.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Welcome Brian, Glad you joined MGS, congrats on your 10 over.

hi everyone im ed from sydney, i play off 16 and most of the time my short game is killing me with the ever so often duffed drive.

like everyone else im tryin to play better golf . i love the game i love the equipment. Even if i had a rough day at the course im still alws coming back for more

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

ninjacobra - right there with you. I'm always fighting my game and coming back for more. (though this week I think I'm due up for a two or three day break from the game so I can relax and get back on solid feet, this week's rounds ruined me)

hi everyone im ed from sydney, i play off 16 and most of the time my short game is killing me with the ever so often duffed drive.

like everyone else im tryin to play better golf . i love the game i love the equipment. Even if i had a rough day at the course im still alws coming back for more

Reading your threads and replies and problems (duffed drives) is like staring at myself in the mirror!

I hope one day we can really fix that driving problem!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Hey, what's up guys.

My name is Matt, I'm 19 years old and am a freshmen in college. I play golf for Tiffin University here in Ohio. I am absolutely addicted to golf, whether it be equipment or actually playing. My goal is to eventually make it onto the PGA Tour. Been on the forum for a while and absoultely love it. Keep up the good work MGS.

Favorite players: Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Welcome tp MGS Andy. The little ones will do that to your golf game, maybe they will pick up golf.

ninjacobra - right there with you. I'm always fighting my game and coming back for more. (though this week I think I'm due up for a two or three day break from the game so I can relax and get back on solid feet, this week's rounds ruined me)

Reading your threads and replies and problems (duffed drives) is like staring at myself in the mirror!

I hope one day we can really fix that driving problem!

this week i had 2 rounds.during the first round i hit 8 girs didnt miss that many fairways but i only made 1 putt out of all 18 holes 2 and 3 putted eveythg else u can imagine hw my scorecard looked like. i was gna kill myself out there when my playing partner was making pars and even an eagle. FML

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Being a brand new spy I dont think I have done this before,so,,

McGolf Here, aka Jim McCleery

Own and operate McGolf Custom Clubs in Waverly

A previous PCS club maker of the year, now a top 100 golf digest club fiter (weather or not you believe in the kinda thing)

all around club nut,

If I can help let me know

Mcgolf

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Just found this thread. Sorry for not posting this here first. My name is Mark, 37 and live just north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Came back to golf in the spring of 2010 after leaving the game for 11 years. Father of a four year old and two year old twins...so things are busy.

I was a pretty accomplished golfer before my "break". Played in college and was second team All-American. Still have a few guys my age out on the PGA Tour that I consider friends. After two years of trying to play the game for a living and essentially running out of funds. I made the decision to walk away and not pick up a club again until I could go out, play and not view it as a job. Thanks to my oldest who all he wants to do is golf...I found that and have really enjoyed playing. My game has suffered some from the long layoff. But looking forward to improving this summer.

I am a sales manager for a large printing company here in Grand Rapids. Enjoy the site and looking forward to contributing.

Welcome to MGS 'Wet Doggg' I am just west of you in Casnovia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

My name is Jim. I am 31, am married and have 2 great children (a 4 year old girl and a 9 month old boy) and we live in a near north suburb of chicago. I am a sales rep for a sporting goods company.

I have been around the game since i was introduced to it by taking the golf merit badge at boy scout camp when i was 14 and have loved the game ever since.

I do not get to play much with all that i have going with work and family, but i love to get out and play and enjoy fresh air and good company and this forum also helps feel the void a little bit too.

I look forward to participating in this forum.

- Jim

What in my Ping Hoofer?

Taylor Made Burner (09) Driver

Taylor Made Burner (07) 3&5 woods

Ping Eye2+

Ping G2i Craz-E

Archived