TESTERS WANTED! ×

Member Introductions

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. I'm telling you... for high handicaps, the best way to cut strokes rapidly is to focus on your short game. I am sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't already heard before.

Totally agree... The closest course to my house is a par 32 with a mix of 3's and 4's... there is a lot of water, and a bunch of holes run along the woods the entire length...

I can use my driver on a few, but it is a great course for working on my short game... I can use long irons and hybrids, and get fancy with some shots because of the mounds/trees/water etc.

Plus they are cheaper than anywhere else around and its great for a quick round after work...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

But Nic, the game is all about the big dog, don't you know that? If I can drive it 300, it doesn't matter that it takes me 10 more strokes to get it in the hole. :(

I do know that. It's all about the driver.. Most holes, I just drive it, and then pick up..Can't improve on perfection.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Welcome to all the new members I missed over the weekend. Welcome to your finial online golf home!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I'm Ann and I'm new to playing golf, though many of my relatives have been playing for a long time. I mainly enjoy par 3 courses because I don't hit the ball very far.

Welcome, Ann :)

And don't worry, a lot of us men don't hit it very far either :)

• SPY VIP

Even worse, some of us hit it a long way, but a long way off target too...

Welcome!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Haha, thanks. From what I've read so far, this forum seems really friendly. I've heard a lot of negative things about other forums, but this one defies the stereotypes I had in my mind.

I'm Ann and I'm new to playing golf, though many of my relatives have been playing for a long time. I mainly enjoy par 3 courses because I don't hit the ball very far.

Welcome aboard, and as the other said, we would all take short and straight every time!!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Haha, thanks. From what I've read so far, this forum seems really friendly. I've heard a lot of negative things about other forums, but this one defies the stereotypes I had in my mind.

Welcome. This is definitely not your normal golf forum, in a lot of good ways!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

And some of us can't hit it far or on straight!

I never introduced my self formally. I'm Robert. I play double bass and listen to punk rock records. :)

Welcome sir. Glad to have you here.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Hi everyone:

My name is Rick and I am from Ontario, Canada. I'm 54 and love putters and the game of golf in general. As well, it is very nice to see some very familiar names from other places.

Welcome aboard, Rick from Ontario. :D

Hi, Ann...nice to have a female on the forum. Did you find your way here on your own? Or are you related to someone on here?

I think she could have been pulled in here by the sheer manliness of BOB, the Body Building Marine Golfer!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Watch The Losers Online Free

Watch The Back-Up Plan Online Free

Of course, welcome aboard!!!!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Hello Everyone from Chicago, Illinois... Well.... The Suburbs, that is!

My name is Keith and can't get enough of the game. Currently employed at a Golf Galaxy location in the Chicago area. Certified by all major manufacturers in club fitting (that we carry anyway)...

You can find me as PingManKMB. If you have any questions or are in the Chicago area and want to drop by the Schaumburg Golf Galaxy location, feel free!

BTW... The Mizuno Shaft Optimizer is the coolest invention in a LOOOOOOONG TIME! If you haven't checked it out, I suggest you do!

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Watch The Losers Online Free

Watch The Back-Up Plan Online Free

WELCOME, WELCOME!

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm not new, and have already made some friends here, but I haven't posted on this board yet. Any excuse to get my post count up :)

Andrew from Wales here, 38 (for 7 more days), Software Architect by trade. Loved golf since I can remember - playing with those big headed plastic 3 club sets when I was 4 or 5, making my first club out of a piece of dowel and my brothers school metalwork project, a pin hammer, and putting a small plastic ball around the garden an into tin cans, coming second in a putting competition when I was 7 and on holiday and winning 50 pence (against adults).

Sadly though, my background was poor, and in the 70s, golf was, and arguably still is, a rich man's sport, for 'them' and their sons. So I didn't get my first clubs until I was in university, when I was 20 years old. From then until I was 37 I played infrequently, loving every second, but never being able to devote the time to playing properly.

Last year though, with my daughter reaching the ripe old age of 3, I decided to join a club, and have played there pretty much every week for the last 12 months. My first handicap was 24, and I've worked my way down to 14.5. I'm aiming for Category 2 this year, 12.6. I know it gets harder the lower you get, so I'm resisting the urge to go for single figures!

So thats about it. I don't have many regrets in life, but not pushing my parents to take up something which I obviously had an aptitude for is one of them. Still, the way I see it, when I'm playing with the 60, 70, even 80 year olds around my track, I've still got plenty of time to improve and shoot lower. Yet another reason to love golf - you're never too old to play...

Cheerio.

Current Handicap (UK)

Current Bag

Cobra S9.1 10.5 + 3W

Cobra SZ 3I-9I, PW, GW

Vokey 52 & 60

Rife 400 Series Half Mallet

Keep up the good work, and before you know, your Daughter will be out there on the course with you, and golf will become even more special!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my name is Dan (but everyone calls me Jeff or Jeff Gordon) and I reside in the People's Democratic Republic of New York just north of Albany (aka Pyongyang on the Hudson). I am 51, shoot in the 70s most of the time, and confess to being both a club and instruction ho. I have two children 28 and 23, and my lovely second wife Julita tolerates my obsessions with golf and NASCAR.

Hello everyone,

My name is Eric and I am new to the forum but I can't wait to get into it there is a few people on here I have seen around a few other forums.

I am a car salesman and love my job very much, I am 28, married and I have great family with a 4 year old son and another boy on the way. I love playing golf but as you can see it is looking like my golf time will be getting less and less but I am ok with that.

I love using these forums to learn as much as I can about golf and golf products as the time that I spend on the course seems to be dwindling down.

I look forward to getting to know everyone on here.

Thanks,

Eric

• SPY VIP

Nice to meet you Eric and welcome to the MGS Forum. I totally understand what you mean about less time to play golf with the family. Hopefully the forum will help you stay informed about all the new gear.

#TruthDigest

Welcome Eric, being a carsales man, how do you get to play golf, don't you work 6-7 days a week?

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Archived