Member Introductions

Our Sponsors

Absolutely. When I start breaking par (or just shooting par) at a Par 3 course, then I'll get my nose up about needing to play "real" golf. Until then, I'm happy there.

Where do you guys play? I'm not familiar with any short courses in your area. Randall Oaks has a little 3-hole course but its boring to keep repeating the same three holes. The kids get bored.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Nate and im brand spanking new to MGS. Love golf, somewhat good at it, and enjoy the company of friends while playing. Former world long drive championship competitor. N

First off, thank you for joining the MyGolfSpy forum!   As for myself, I'm Morris and I'm a bit of a golf nut who both enjoys playing the game and learning as much as I can about it. More importa

Hi all - Mainuh here. I didn't realize the forum was up and running until I opened my email this a.m. Some of you might recognize my name from one or two other forums that I frequent. I'm not a prol

Posted Images

• SPY VIP

Do they make push carts for juniors?

Lots of pull, and a few smaller push.

I just threw his bag on my clicgear. easier on me when he was too tired to push too than the low cart

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Absolutely. When I start breaking par (or just shooting par) at a Par 3 course, then I'll get my nose up about needing to play "real" golf. Until then, I'm happy there.

I actually find it much more difficult to score on a Par 54 course than a par 72. It might be because the strongest part of my game is driving the ball, and that just doesn't factor in a par 54. Sounds like I should play them some more. Especially since I work at one.

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

The small Par 29 nine hole by me (Campus Commons) has a couple of really tough holes. Right on the river with trees overhanging the fairways. Good place to practice being creative...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Lots of pull, and a few smaller push.

I just threw his bag on my clicgear. easier on me when he was too tired to push too than the low cart

Their bags are so small though... would they even fit on a standard size cart?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I actually find it much more difficult to score on a Par 54 course than a par 72. It might be because the strongest part of my game is driving the ball, and that just doesn't factor in a par 54. Sounds like I should play them some more. Especially since I work at one.

It couldn't hurt, right? The way I struggled around the greens on Friday, I know I could use some more devotion on the short game.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

The small Par 29 nine hole by me (Campus Commons) has a couple of really tough holes. Right on the river with trees overhanging the fairways. Good place to practice being creative...

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. I'm telling you... for high handicaps, the best way to cut strokes rapidly is to focus on your short game. I am sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't already heard before.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

This happens to be too, mostly because I don't birdie par 3's often. It is much easier to birdie par 5's and 4's.

Where do you guys play? I'm not familiar with any short courses in your area. Randall Oaks has a little 3-hole course but its boring to keep repeating the same three holes. The kids get bored.

There's a par three course in Arlington Heights, on the north end. It's called....Nickol Knoll (sp?). It's a fun little course and a decent walk with all the hills. 9 holes.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

This happens to be too, mostly because I don't birdie par 3's often. It is much easier to birdie par 5's and 4's.

My lowest round on the 18 hole course at the shop is 1 over. Drives me nuts when people say that they don't want to play par 3's because it's not "real" golf. Come on out and shoot 4 or 5 under and we will talk.

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

My lowest round on the 18 hole course at the shop is 1 over. Drives me nuts when people say that they don't want to play par 3's because it's not "real" golf. Come on out and shoot 4 or 5 under and we will talk.

I'm not saying par 3 courses aren't real golf, far from it. I'm saying I'm not very good at them, I'm not very good at par 3 holes. 9 of them in a row can be killer.

But Nic, the game is all about the big dog, don't you know that? If I can drive it 300, it doesn't matter that it takes me 10 more strokes to get it in the hole. B)

There's a par three course in Arlington Heights, on the north end. It's called....Nickol Knoll (sp?). It's a fun little course and a decent walk with all the hills. 9 holes.

Thanks Matt. Arlington Heights is a little far. I was hoping for something more of the west side of you. Oh well.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Thanks Matt. Arlington Heights is a little far. I was hoping for something more of the west side of you. Oh well.

There's one in Schaumburg too, Walnut Greens. I've never been, but it's only $10 for 9 holes. Good way to get some golf in when time is tight. We should check it out.

There's one in Schaumburg too, Walnut Greens. I've never been, but it's only $10 for 9 holes. Good way to get some golf in when time is tight. We should check it out.

Absolutely. Much to do after April 1.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Yeah...reintroduce myself to my wife and dog...fix my yard...read a book

Our lives have been divided into two parts. The cave existence we live now and what we will do with ourselves once emerging from the cave after April 1.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT