TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dude, I'm getting a SkyTrak!

OK, all, I'm looking for advice. Ever since I bought the SkyTrak, I've wanted to get a case for it. There are two options: one plastic and the other metal. My preference is for the metal case.

The problem is cost. I can afford $150 to just buy one. But I hate paying full price for anything. And it seems like the kind of thing that, if you're in the right place at the right time, you could get a deal on.

For a while, there was a seller on eBay listing them for $135. So I was stalking those listings, eagerly hoping for a day in which he'd have one available while eBay was doing their 15% off everything code. The other day, eBay had the code; he didn't have any cases. Worse, as soon as I saw the code, I jumped on to eBay, because I'd been watching another listing at $140. It was already gone.

Today, Rock Bottom Golf is doing 15% and free shipping. I could get the case for $135 shipped.

I know I'm nickel and diming here. I want to get it for $120 or less.

In the meantime, the SkyTrak is going to get hit by a ball, and I'll be out $1,400 because I wouldn't spend $15.

Should I just pull the trigger at RBG? Or continue to tempt fate and keep pursuing the best deal I can?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Pound wise and penny foolish?  🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Is the RBG a code to get the 15% or just a sale? If it is just a sale search for another couple and you might get another 5% or so off.

I am cheap like you and would wait for the price I wanted. But that’s just me.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Is the RBG a code to get the 15% or just a sale? If it is just a sale search for another couple and you might get another 5% or so off.

I am cheap like you and would wait for the price I wanted. But that’s just me.

We are alike: I tried stacking codes and it wouldn't let me 🙂

Full WITB with pictures

• 3 weeks later...

I remember feeling like a kid on Christmas the day it was out for delivery. I took the day off from work fully anticipating getting by midday and playing until midnight. It didn’t arrive until 6 that night. Still, I did play until midnight.

I wish I’d had the money to invest in a GC2 with HMT but it was way out of my price range at that point. Glad I stumbled across SkyTrak. While not as accurate as the GC2 I’ve found it helpful in fixing some problems areas of my swing. Finally got rid of my nasty slice.

I agree that if you’re expecting a Trackman you’ll be sad. That being said I’ve found it to be fairly accurate to what I hit IRL. My junior golfer loves getting practice time in now. Before it was always hit and miss with him and now I have to kick him off at night so he’ll go to bed.

Hope you’re still getting a kick out of it!

Wanted to leave a link here to my post in another thread about the SkyTrak Wedge Matrix feature.

Full WITB with pictures

Question for MPR and @golffan and anyone else with a Skytrak...

How basic is the "Basic" package? Or conversely, is it worth it to add the "Game Improvement Package" for +$100 subscription every year..??

Thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

15 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Question for MPR and @golffan and anyone else with a Skytrak...

How basic is the "Basic" package? Or conversely, is it worth it to add the "Game Improvement Package" for +$100 subscription every year..??

Thx!

The Basic package only gives you the range, with no random practice. The GIP is absolutely worth it in my estimation.

Full WITB with pictures

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

The Basic package only gives you the range, with no random practice. The GIP is absolutely worth it in my estimation.

Thanks! I'm guessing a lot of the good stuff you've been using .. and showing us .. is in it.

Getting closer to pulling the trigger, so if I find I end up not really using the extra features then I can just not renew the subscription...

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I’m sure you will, but hope to see your feedback on this! I’ve been looking at these for a long time and have read many reviews, but I tend to trust MGS feedback more than most. Looking forward to hearing your take on it. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

OK .. did it .. ordered!!

Everybody seems to be having the same -$300 off sale, so got the "GIP" add-on which also included the metal case; plus splurged on a new Real Feel mat to go with it.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Thank you for running this thread, it was fun reading about your ventures with the SkyTrak. I was lucky enough to get mine from my wife as a Christmas gift in 2017.

I was in a similar situation last golf season where I had a membership to a course near my home. I ended up buying the lifetime license for TGC and got a gaming laptop (I only had iOS devices). With playing in the weekly online tournaments and all of practicing at home I didn't end up playing enough IRL to justify my membership. This season I don't even intend on getting a membership. It's such a blast to play 18 holes in less than an hour at home. During the week of the Masters I played six rounds at Augusta National! Playing against guys around the world while using Discord is another super fun aspect of online play.

Your observation regarding the delay is interesting. First off, the delay is much shorter with the faster processor in gaming PCs. I have the newest iPad Pro and I was shocked the gaming laptop is so much faster. Second, I went for a lesson where the instructor had a GC2 and the lack of delay frustrated me because I wouldn't look up soon enough to see the shot. I got so used to being able to hold my finish and then being able to watch the ball flight.

I look forward to reading your full review!

Do you have a picture of your set up? I am looking into setting something up in my garage or basement. Looking to get it done slowly over the summer and ready in time for fall/winter when the weather turns. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

15 hours ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Do you have a picture of your set up? I am looking into setting something up in my garage or basement. Looking to get it done slowly over the summer and ready in time for fall/winter when the weather turns. 

ZJ: there are pictures/videos scattered about in my thread about my progress and the thread about my son. But let's be honest: the pictures of my setup right now are ugly. My garage is still in winter disaster mode, with a variety of cardboard boxes scattered about. In the next couple of weeks, as spring is finally arriving here, I'm going to be doing a massive SkyTrak build in my garage, which I will be posting about here.

Full WITB with pictures

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

ZJ: there are pictures/videos scattered about in my thread about my progress and the thread about my son. But let's be honest: the pictures of my setup right now are ugly. My garage is still in winter disaster mode, with a variety of cardboard boxes scattered about. In the next couple of weeks, as spring is finally arriving here, I'm going to be doing a massive SkyTrak build in my garage, which I will be posting about here.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing your full build.

I'm deciding between doing the Return Net and Side Barriers or more of a cage type structure in the unfinished basement or garage.  Basement has 9 ft ceilings and the garage is slightly higher but either way haven't add an issue swinging a Driver downstairs and I'm 6'4.  I'd prefer the basement to avoid the cold in the winter and avoid rearranging all the shelving, ect but we'll see. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

2 minutes ago, ZJBogey2 said:

Thanks! Look forward to seeing your full build.

I'm deciding between doing the Return Net and Side Barriers or more of a cage type structure in the unfinished basement or garage.  Basement has 9 ft ceilings and the garage is slightly higher but either way haven't add an issue swinging a Driver downstairs and I'm 6'4.  I'd prefer the basement to avoid the cold in the winter and avoid rearranging all the shelving, ect but we'll see. 

I'd definitely recommend the basement option if you can. Through the winter here, I certainly spent more time hitting 10–25 yard pitches on the SkyTrak in my basement than I did in my sub-freezing garage.

Full WITB with pictures

So on quick update: I upgraded my laptop this week. For the most part, I've been doing all of my StyTrak practice though my Android tablet (a Galaxy Tab S2). The Android, presumably with much less computing power than my previous laptop, was much faster in reporting results on screen.

My new laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card (it's more for work than play), but it's got a much faster processor (an i7-8565U) and 16GB of RAM. And the laptop now blows the Android out of the water, with often no discernible delay in showing the shots. The SkyTrak software, as it stands now, doesn't really need a high-performance graphics setup, as the graphics are pretty rudimentary (though they are supposed to get a pretty significant upgrade when version 4 releases).

The only issue with the laptop setup is battery life: on the laptop, I use the SkyTrak with a USB cord (rather than wifi). It took my laptop battery from about 90% to 6% in about a half hour. That's pretty brutal. But so long as I can plug in the laptop, that's going to be the way I go going forward.

Full WITB with pictures

On 3/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

OK, all, I'm looking for advice. Ever since I bought the SkyTrak, I've wanted to get a case for it. There are two options: one plastic and the other metal. My preference is for the metal case.

The problem is cost. I can afford $150 to just buy one. But I hate paying full price for anything. And it seems like the kind of thing that, if you're in the right place at the right time, you could get a deal on.

For a while, there was a seller on eBay listing them for $135. So I was stalking those listings, eagerly hoping for a day in which he'd have one available while eBay was doing their 15% off everything code. The other day, eBay had the code; he didn't have any cases. Worse, as soon as I saw the code, I jumped on to eBay, because I'd been watching another listing at $140. It was already gone.

Today, Rock Bottom Golf is doing 15% and free shipping. I could get the case for $135 shipped.

I know I'm nickel and diming here. I want to get it for $120 or less.

In the meantime, the SkyTrak is going to get hit by a ball, and I'll be out $1,400 because I wouldn't spend $15.

Should I just pull the trigger at RBG? Or continue to tempt fate and keep pursuing the best deal I can?

Sign up for Ebates or TopCashBack (if you dont mind using my referrals below). Super easy to use. Hopefully one of the sites you buy the case from (even ebay should be on there) will have a % of cashback you'll be able to get.

https://www.ebates.com/r/MAYERJ28?eeid=28187

https://www.topcashback.com/ref/mayerjusc08

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

SkyTrak has some very nice features in the pipeline in their next few software releases. In 3.4, they're offering support for multiple accounts on a single SkyTrak device. This is awesome, and something beyond what I would have expected. What it means, for instance, is that I can create an account for Kirke, and it'll keep our stats separately, including club data. And they're doing this without Kirke being required to pay for his own Game Improvement subscription (which I wouldn't have done). And they've also announced that in 4.0, the graphics are getting a major upgrade, which is nice (although not really a major need, in my estimation).

So if I'm going to rave about the SkyTrak, I also need to offer criticisms where they're warranted. And here's my annoyance: they've recently been wanting the software to log in to their servers every single time it is launched. I find this immensely frustrating. Most of my SkyTrak use is either on my Android tablet or my Windows computer. Neither has internet access where I normally use them. This means that, in order to launch SkyTrak, I have to remember first to make my phone a wireless hotspot so that the software can log in.

And then there are times with something with their servers are wonky, and it just doesn't work. This afternoon, I tried to get in a brief practice before dinner. Tried connecting with both Android and Windows devices, and both got stuck on "Checking License Files." Looks like SkyTrak was having server issues, and so I was effectively locked out of my own device. That kind of thing isn't OK; the functionality of my standalone device shouldn't depend on their server status.

I mention this now with the expectation that they're just currently going through a rough patch and they'll get things sorted out soon, but as it stands, that's a frustration.

Full WITB with pictures

2 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

And then there are times with something with their servers are wonky, and it just doesn't work. 

Hmm. Obviously that's no good.... I haven't seen that issue yet (in just a short time of using it so far); i guess I, well, _assumed_ the registration process wrote a reg key or something else local on the PC it's running on. I totally agree with you - you should be able to run it unimpaired without an internet connection.

Related, I did have a small bit of frustration with the registration process - had to repeat it a few times! 

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

SkyTrak has some very nice features in the pipeline in their next few software releases. In 3.4, they're offering support for multiple accounts on a single SkyTrak device. This is awesome, and something beyond what I would have expected. What it means, for instance, is that I can create an account for Kirke, and it'll keep our stats separately, including club data. And they're doing this without Kirke being required to pay for his own Game Improvement subscription (which I wouldn't have done). And they've also announced that in 4.0, the graphics are getting a major upgrade, which is nice (although not really a major need, in my estimation).
So if I'm going to rave about the SkyTrak, I also need to offer criticisms where they're warranted. And here's my annoyance: they've recently been wanting the software to log in to their servers every single time it is launched. I find this immensely frustrating. Most of my SkyTrak use is either on my Android tablet or my Windows computer. Neither has internet access where I normally use them. This means that, in order to launch SkyTrak, I have to remember first to make my phone a wireless hotspot so that the software can log in.
And then there are times with something with their servers are wonky, and it just doesn't work. This afternoon, I tried to get in a brief practice before dinner. Tried connecting with both Android and Windows devices, and both got stuck on "Checking License Files." Looks like SkyTrak was having server issues, and so I was effectively locked out of my own device. That kind of thing isn't OK; the functionality of my standalone device shouldn't depend on their server status.
I mention this now with the expectation that they're just currently going through a rough patch and they'll get things sorted out soon, but as it stands, that's a frustration.

I’ve had the issue before where I couldn’t log in to the skytrak app, but the WGT app would worn just fine. But I will say it’s happened more often lately.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

• 10 months later...

Question for Skytrack users and/or LM's in general. I have had mine for a couple of months and overall it is good, it has limitations but overall it fits my needs. My question comes from hitting off mat on LM vs grass. I understand that mats reduce spin in general, which can affect distance obviously. My problem is the opposite there are certain clubs that are just flat out short of what I see on the course. For instance my 8 iron on skytrack may get close to 150, on the course it is between 160-165. 7 iron on skytrack is 170-175 which falls right in line with what I see on the course. 9 iron is about 7-10 yards short of course. 

So has anyone seen numbers fall off like this? 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Question for Skytrack users and/or LM's in general. I have had mine for a couple of months and overall it is good, it has limitations but overall it fits my needs. My question comes from hitting off mat on LM vs grass. I understand that mats reduce spin in general, which can affect distance obviously. My problem is the opposite there are certain clubs that are just flat out short of what I see on the course. For instance my 8 iron on skytrack may get close to 150, on the course it is between 160-165. 7 iron on skytrack is 170-175 which falls right in line with what I see on the course. 9 iron is about 7-10 yards short of course. 

So has anyone seen numbers fall off like this? 

I'm using the Fiberbuilt  Flight Deck and I think the spin numbers seem pretty accurate.  I played in Florida a couple of weeks ago for the first time after a ton of time on the SkyTrak.  What I saw was my distances matched up very well until I got to my 4 and 5 irons (10 yards shorter on SkyTrak) then spot on for the 2 and 3 hybrids I carry.  My wife won't let me use my driver because of the ceiling damage I have caused at home. 

It might be as simple as the matt you or using but I have also heard that higher swing speed players complain about accuracy.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

15 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I'm using the Fiberbuilt  Flight Deck and I think the spin numbers seem pretty accurate.  I played in Florida a couple of weeks ago for the first time after a ton of time on the SkyTrak.  What I saw was my distances matched up very well until I got to my 4 and 5 irons (10 yards shorter on SkyTrak) then spot on for the 2 and 3 hybrids I carry.  My wife won't let me use my driver because of the ceiling damage I have caused at home. 

It might be as simple as the matt you or using but I have also heard that higher swing speed players complain about accuracy.

I am using Reel Feel Country club mat, so it is a quality mat....

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

32 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I am using Reel Feel Country club mat, so it is a quality mat....

I see lower distances on every LM I've ever swung on. Maybe it's a mental thing, or the tech just isn't there like we want to believe? I don't own a LM but every single one I've hit (TM, GC2/4, etc.) have all been significantly shorter than what I see on the course. To be fair though, the only one I've ever hit actual golf balls on is a skycaddie, and indoors on a trackman. Even then I would expect my CHS to be accurate on a GC4, unless they didn't have the CHS cameras in it when I went to the TM demo... It was giving me club path though.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I see lower distances on every LM I've ever swung on. Maybe it's a mental thing, or the tech just isn't there like we want to believe? I don't own a LM but every single one I've hit (TM, GC2/4, etc.) have all been significantly shorter than what I see on the course. To be fair though, the only one I've ever hit actual golf balls on is a skycaddie. Even then I would expect my CHS to be accurate on a GC4, unless they didn't have the CHS cameras in it when I went to the TM demo... It was giving me club path though.

For the most part I am the same way. I wonder if it something with delivery or impact variables. Most people are the opposite especially off mats. 

I read somewhere that some people tweak the altitude and humidity until your distances match up with what you expect on the course. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I read somewhere that some people tweak the altitude and humidity until your distances match up with what you expect on the course. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yep, the weird thing is it is only on 8, 9 pw, basically those 3 clubs. All others are about what I would expect. 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Got it, opened it, getting the software ready for first use this evening. First impression: it's smaller than I expected.

IMG_20190104_120515.jpg

Hey! Congrats on the Skytrak! I have one as well. I hope your enjoying it as much as I enjoy mine. I absolutely love it. 
There is one thing that I’ve noticed with mine. I believe that it really exaggerates and is just a tiny bit misleading on how big of a draw or a fade you’re hitting. I’ve used it all winter and it’s had me hitting a lot of 20 yard hard draws. Then I went to the range one day not doing anything different and I was hitting them all fairly straight. I get home go on the skytrak and there it is again. I believe I do have some draw spin on it, but I think it isn’t exactly as hard as it makes it out to be. Other than that, it’s been amazing for me. It’s really helped me with knowing all of my distances, carry and total. I’m a better golfer because of my skytrak.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

45 minutes ago, MALyons31 said:

Hey! Congrats on the Skytrak! I have one as well. I hope your enjoying it as much as I enjoy mine. I absolutely love it. 
There is one thing that I’ve noticed with mine. I believe that it really exaggerates and is just a tiny bit misleading on how big of a draw or a fade you’re hitting. I’ve used it all winter and it’s had me hitting a lot of 20 yard hard draws. Then I went to the range one day not doing anything different and I was hitting them all fairly straight. I get home go on the skytrak and there it is again. I believe I do have some draw spin on it, but I think it isn’t exactly as hard as it makes it out to be. Other than that, it’s been amazing for me. It’s really helped me with knowing all of my distances, carry and total. I’m a better golfer because of my skytrak.

A couple weeks ago, a new version of the SkyTrak software came up. Not sure if you're running 3.4 or the older version, but apparently one known flaw with the older version is that it didn't account for spin decay: that the ball spin decreases during the ball flight. I can't say that I've noticed a huge difference, but your experience might be different than mine.

Full WITB with pictures