TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dude, I'm getting a SkyTrak!

On 1/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, cnosil said:

The big question is do the results you are seeing on the screen match what you see on the course?   You mentioned left miss and struggling at 100 yards.  

Did some followup research in Game Golf. Over the last 15 rounds:

• From 50-75: 88% within 15 yards.
  • From 75-100: 57%
  • From 100-125: 66%
  • From 125-150: 48%

So it does look like there is on-course data that supports what the SkyTrak saw. The opportunity to bring on-course and practice stats together like this is so intriguing to me.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Did some followup research in Game Golf. Over the last 15 rounds:
  • From 50-75: 88% within 15 yards.
  • From 75-100: 57%
  • From 100-125: 66%
  • From 125-150: 48%
So it does look like there is on-course data that supports what the SkyTrak saw. The opportunity to bring on-course and practice stats together like this is so intriguing to me.

Welcome to the world of data analytics. Line your data to see if everything matches up and when you start to identify trends play to them. For example if you don’t want to change the swing start aiming a little more right on those approaches. Learn the size of you dispersion circles for each club and when you aim, put that dispersion circle over your target area to see where you should really be aiming.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Welcome to the world of data analytics. Line your data to see if everything matches up and when you start to identify trends play to them. For example if you don’t want to change the swing start aiming a little more right on those approaches. Learn the size of you dispersion circles for each club and when you aim, put that dispersion circle over your target area to see where you should really be aiming.

It's almost like cheating....almost.  🙂

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

It's almost like cheating....almost.  

Nah. Not cheating just smart golf. You can do all if it on paper, just easier with technology.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm presuming this system allows you to play simulated rounds, on courses around the globe, from the comfort of your "man/kid cave"?  While the swing ball flight stats are cool, it's the simulated round function that has me interested.

I have the package that allows me to play WGT. There are a ton of simulation packages...but since I have iOS products I’m limited to WGT. Pretty much what you’d see if you downloaded it on your phone to play for fun is the same as what you can do with the skytrak. Can play full rounds at various courses. Can also do random holes, best of par 3s and such. Chipping and putting can be a little iffy but overall it’s a blast to play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

So please share your secret...

How did you get your wife's approval?

I need to know😉😉

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

So please share your secret...

How did you get your wife's approval?

I need to know

I’m interested in this answer as well. I’ve got AMEX points out the rear and SkyTrak is offered. Probably cost me more convincing her we need it than to just buy it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

First, congrats on your purchase!  I've had a Skytrak for a few years and really can say without hesitation it has helped me more than anything in getting my swing/game dialed in.

A few suggestions and thoughts:

1) Check out the Skytrak forums on the golf simulator forums.  The company has some of the tech developers in charge of the software often posting on those forums so its a great place for info and connecting with other Skytrak users...  There are many FAQs to help answer common issues and problems as well.

2) I found that the USB connection to my computer was far more reliable than WIFI...so may be something there to help with the misreads, if you are using WIFI

3) The height of the device also affected my reads.  I have a Fiberbuilt mat I hit off of and there isn't enough room on the mat for the Skytrak.  When it's lower vertically than the mat, it can have trouble detecting shots.  I ended up putting a thin piece of wood under the device to raise it so the bottom of the skytrak was level with the top of the mat.  That reduced a lot of misreads

4) Try hitting 1-2 inches behind the red dot.  Higher lofted clubs may not trigger the Skytrak's laser curtain depending on your AoA and how quickly the ball elevates.  Moving the ball back a bit tends to help for many clubs...

5) Consider investing in the Skytrak protective case (metal not plastic one).  I'm embarassed to say I've shanked a few that would have done some real damage if I didn't have the protective case.  The case itself also comes with some risers to help raise the device which can help with the issue in number 3.

6) May not immediately be in the cards, but eventually look at TGC 2019 simulator software.  There's something amazing playing Augusta with the Masters in the background or playing The Old Course.  Many of the course recreations are painstakingly precise and you can play different yardages to see exactly how difficult the PGA tour is.  There's an online tour community that even plays courses recreated or similar as the PGA tour the same weeks as the tour events....  fantastic for rainy days.

All in all, enjoy the Skytrak!  I really have enjoyed mine thoroughly...  feel free to message me if you have any questions.

First, congrats on your purchase!  I've had a Skytrak for a few years and really can say without hesitation it has helped me more than anything in getting my swing/game dialed in.

A few suggestions and thoughts:

1) Check out the Skytrak forums on the golf simulator forums.  The company has some of the tech developers in charge of the software often posting on those forums so its a great place for info and connecting with other Skytrak users...  There are many FAQs to help answer common issues and problems as well.

2) I found that the USB connection to my computer was far more reliable than WIFI...so may be something there to help with the misreads, if you are using WIFI

3) The height of the device also affected my reads.  I have a Fiberbuilt mat I hit off of and there isn't enough room on the mat for the Skytrak.  When it's lower vertically than the mat, it can have trouble detecting shots.  I ended up putting a thin piece of wood under the device to raise it so the bottom of the skytrak was level with the top of the mat.  That reduced a lot of misreads

4) Try hitting 1-2 inches behind the red dot.  Higher lofted clubs may not trigger the Skytrak's laser curtain depending on your AoA and how quickly the ball elevates.  Moving the ball back a bit tends to help for many clubs...

5) Consider investing in the Skytrak protective case (metal not plastic one).  I'm embarassed to say I've shanked a few that would have done some real damage if I didn't have the protective case.  The case itself also comes with some risers to help raise the device which can help with the issue in number 3.

6) May not immediately be in the cards, but eventually look at TGC 2019 simulator software.  There's something amazing playing Augusta with the Masters in the background or playing The Old Course.  Many of the course recreations are painstakingly precise and you can play different yardages to see exactly how difficult the PGA tour is.  There's an online tour community that even plays courses recreated or similar as the PGA tour the same weeks as the tour events....  fantastic for rainy days.

All in all, enjoy the Skytrak!  I really have enjoyed mine thoroughly...  feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Do you have an actual gaming laptop with all the specs they outline on the site? I’d love to get the TGC software but that would be an investment of a new laptop AND the software and a laptop with the specs they outline is $$$

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

10 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Do you have an actual gaming laptop with all the specs they outline on the site? I’d love to get the TGC software but that would be an investment of a new laptop AND the software and a laptop with the specs they outline is $$$

I'm currently playing on the tablet/laptop I use for office stuff (essentially, a Lenovo version of a Surface). I'm not using any of the game software for playing rounds, but for the SkyTrak software itself, this machine (which is certainly no gaming device) is adequate. It is a common complaint with SkyTrak that shots take a few seconds to display; I expect it's a bit worse with my current setup, but nothing awful.

If I were looking at the other software (like The Golf Club), a machine upgrade would also be in order for me. Another reason I'm currently quite content with my current setup.

Full WITB with pictures

3 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

I actually purchased a gaming desktop.  It was a man cave that I built out for my advanced years syndrome.  I purchased an alienware mini desktop with a decent-ish video card and cpu (the mini-desktop is cheaper than a laptop) and built a small cabinet for the desktop, hd receiver, and other video bits for the projector, tv, and everything else in there.  It's effectively 3 rooms in 1 - a movie room projected on the impact screen for my family, a tv room for sporting events and a golf simulator.  I built most of it by hand, including the cage and the blackout curtains, to make it far cheaper than otherwise would have been...

Getting the projector right was the most difficult as I wanted a good short throw projector with HD capabilities for movies but also has the right lumens so everything would seem as realistic in TGC as possible. 

My advice - look at the refurbished dell stuff (or whatever brand you feel comfortable with) to get something in spec that is still affordable.  Look for a mini desktop or desktop rather than a laptop to save some $$$ as well.  It can be done, but takes some effort to get it laid out.  Happy to share my specs or answer any questions you want about the room...

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been using the SkyTrak all that much the past couple of weeks: subzero garage temps are an impediment 🙂

But I've continued chipping downstairs. I'm going to set up some kind of blanket/net, because the balls ricocheting off the wall is getting a little tiresome.

Last night, I was hitting 10-yard chips with my current SW, the Callaway MD3 54°. Just for kicks, I hit a few shots with a couple of other SWs I have sitting around in my basement: a PING Glide (first version) 54°, and and Adams XTD Forged (at 55°). What's amazing to me is that, even on a 10-yard chip, consistent differences between clubs show up on the SkyTrak.

On average:

• The Callaway had a launch angle of 30.3° and a spin rate of 2060.
  • The PING had a launch angle of 32.8° and a spin rate of 1816.
  • The Adams had a launch angle of 30.8° and spin rate of 2225.

At this point, that's not anything like enough information to choose one over another. But once it gets a touch warmer, I'm going to go out in the garage, set the SkyTrak to give me random distances from 10–100 yards, and hit a few dozen or so shots with each wedge, and see which one (if any) is consistently getting me closer to my target.

Having a SkyTrak and having a pile of clubs sitting around? It's like my own personal fitting department 🙂

Full WITB with pictures

• 3 weeks later...

MPR - thx for sharing your experiences with this; it's been helpful to me .. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on one......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

15 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

MPR - thx for sharing your experiences with this; it's been helpful to me .. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on one......

You do and I will pay you a visit!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

The other day, I was chipping in the basement, and made this observation to my wife:

image.png

The numbers on the left hand side of the screen cost $500: you can get those very reliably from a Mevo (or even some of the Voice Caddie devices). Those numbers are your ball speed, spin rate, and launch angle, which all tell you carry and roll distance.

The numbers on the right side of the screen (the left-right angle at launch and side spin) cost the additional $1,500 (going off the $2,000 list price of a new SkyTrak). That's really the question to ask about the value of the SkyTrak, and for me, what justifies it. If I'm going to practice without a range, it isn't enough to know how far my shot is going. I need to know it's shape and whether I'm hitting target. Golf is a game of hitting targets.

Full WITB with pictures

The other day, I was chipping in the basement, and made this observation to my wife:
image.png.5475043212124c9d04ee6d5f6f90560f.png
The numbers on the left hand side of the screen cost $500: you can get those very reliably from a Mevo (or even some of the Voice Caddie devices). Those numbers are your ball speed, spin rate, and launch angle, which all tell you carry and roll distance.
The numbers on the right side of the screen (the left-right angle at launch and side spin) cost the additional $1,500 (going off the $2,000 list price of a new SkyTrak). That's really the question to ask about the value of the SkyTrak, and for me, what justifies it. If I'm going to practice without a range, it isn't enough to know how far my shot is going. I need to know it's shape and whether I'm hitting target. Golf is a game of hitting targets.
I would wholeheartedly agree with this. Hitting into a net without that info could be really dangerous. I have flushed some wonderfully feeling push slices that I might not pick up with just a net.

I haven't used a mevo, but from what I have heard, there is a range where it works well. Long irons and driver not so good. Less than full wedges also not so good. So a lot of the short game practice you have gotten in over the first third of your winter might have been bad feedback. And that could be worse than no practice.

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 5:19 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

image.png

Being able to SEE your shots is where it pays off! Not sure of any $500 monitors that let you see the ball flight. I eould love a skytrak. HIGHLY doubtful my wife thinks i need one. Keep us posterd on what you think. Can't wait to see how it looks with the projector. Also, will you change the backdrop ?sheet? Maybe put a white sheet over the top of the current  net.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

19 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Being able to SEE your shots is where it pays off! Not sure of any $500 monitors that let you see the ball flight. I eould love a skytrak. HIGHLY doubtful my wife thinks i need one. Keep us posterd on what you think. Can't wait to see how it looks with the projector. Also, will you change the backdrop ?sheet? Maybe put a white sheet over the top of the current  net.

It looks like the new Swing Caddie SC300 let's you see ball flight on the app, but again, it's not tracking whether the shot is offline and/or curving. You'd just be seeing the ball flight on a straight line.

We had temps in the upper 30s on Saturday, so I was able to get in the garage with the SkyTrak for some full swing work for the first time in a while. I still have to fight my son for simulator time 🙂

But we're going to see temps in the 40s this week. Little by little, it's going to warm up. When spring finally comes, I'll get into the garage, do a thorough cleaning, and start building my more permanent setup in there. I'll definitely be updating this thread when I do.

Full WITB with pictures

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It looks like the new Swing Caddie SC300 let's you see ball flight on the app, but again, it's not tracking whether the shot is offline and/or curving. You'd just be seeing the ball flight on a straight line.

We had temps in the upper 30s on Saturday, so I was able to get in the garage with the SkyTrak for some full swing work for the first time in a while. I still have to fight my son for simulator time 🙂

But we're going to see temps in the 40s this week. Little by little, it's going to warm up. When spring finally comes, I'll get into the garage, do a thorough cleaning, and start building my more permanent setup in there. I'll definitely be updating this thread when I do.

Upper 30's, low 40's ouch. I'm sitting at 71F right now. Gotta be frustrating to not be able to do much when its so cold.

Were you able to find the SkyTrak cheaper than $2k anywhere??

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

5 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Upper 30's, low 40's ouch. I'm sitting at 71F right now. Gotta be frustrating to not be able to do much when its so cold.

Were you able to find the SkyTrak cheaper than $2k anywhere??

If you don't want to go eBay, your best bet is probably a refurbished unit direct from SkyTrak for $1,500: https://shop.skytrakgolf.com/p-161-skytrak-launch-monitor-certified-pre-owned.aspx

Full WITB with pictures

Just now, Shankster said:

47°!! On Wednesday. That’s going to be shorts weather.

And maybe also canoe weather 😐

As much as I want spring to get here, we really need a gentle melt.

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

And maybe also canoe weather 😐

As much as I want spring to get here, we really need a gentle melt.

Below the bridge we are looking at 66 degrees. I've already been fighting battles against water and basement at 45 degrees. Not looking forward to that.

On the high note, if I'm well bundled I expect to be able to play two weekends from now.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I was googling 'homemade golf simulators' and found some setups to give ideas and cost breakouts. Below is one that can help give a good idea the true cost:

https://mediocre.com/forum/topics/home-golf-simulator-buildout

It looks great but im not too sure about using the Optishot. It is very club focused and not so much on the ball. You dont even need a ball supposedly.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

I was googling 'homemade golf simulators' and found some setups to give ideas and cost breakouts. Below is one that can help give a good idea the true cost:
https://mediocre.com/forum/topics/home-golf-simulator-buildout
It looks great but im not too sure about using the Optishot. It is very club focused and not so much on the ball. You dont even need a ball supposedly.

Very cool diy article. Liked his set up and giving all costs and breakdown of where to purchase and how he accomplished.
You might look at doing the rapsado r motion for the game aspect and then buying an sc200 for the numbers. Each would run about 200 each but the main draw back is you need to switch the sensor for every club with the r motion. however I think it would still be better than an optishot in my opinion.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I have an Optishot and used it for two winters before getting the SkyTrak (it's now for sale here in the classifieds). It certainly has real limitations: if you want a Trackman, you'll be sorely disappointed.

It's best feature, though, is that for relatively little expense, you get a dozen or more courses to play. It's not great for digging into you numbers on the range; it's just not precise enough for that. But as a way to "play" golf in the off-season, it has its place. In fact, Kirke is a bit miffed that I'm selling the Optishot, just for that reason. He and I have played a lot of rounds on it with foam balls.

Full WITB with pictures

On 1/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

The lined ball seemed to be doing better, until Kirke shanked it into the dark corners of the garage, from whence we could not find it.

Oh sure, blame it on Kirke 🙄.  Sounds like you're getting your money's worth out of this.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oh sure, blame it on Kirke 🙄.  Sounds like you're getting your money's worth out of this.

I think I am. I just put up an long, boring post in my other thread about my SkyTrak session last night. The kind of practice that SkyTrak offers is incredibly valuable for serious improvement.

Full WITB with pictures