Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×

totally awesome and well-deserved!
especially when you live where the golf season can be really really short.

can't wait to see how it progresses....  Kirke is going to be a single digit in no time!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

totally awesome and well-deserved!
especially when you live where the golf season can be really really short.

can't wait to see how it progresses....  Kirke is going to be a single digit in no time!

Those are absolutely my two arguments for buying the SkyTrak. Up here, we legitimately have six months most years in which the course is closed. And Kirke needs a way to develop his game to whatever level he's going to get.

• Like 4

Congrats GolfSpy MRP! Really excited to hear and see what you think of SkyTrak and the setup needed

Side Note: Having a fellow spy as one of Bible Professors in college would have been awesome!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Congrats GolfSpy MRP! Really excited to hear and see what you think of SkyTrak and the setup needed

Side Note: Having a fellow spy as one of Bible Professors in college would have been awesome!!

@GolfSpy MPR It would have been awesome having you as one of my Bible professors.  Mine nearly killed me...multiple times. 

Back to our scheduled programming, congrats on the Skytrak!  There needs to be a DIY section devoted to MPR projects.  Nice work done in the basement.  Additional credit to your wife for realizing how much quicker your golf trips will be now that you "have to go" to the basement.  😆

• Like 1

Awesome! Reminds me to find a new net as the SKLZ one I have kicks the balls right back to me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

You’ll enjoy it! I’ve had mine for a little over a month. Traveling and being sick has limited my use of it, and once work dies down a bit I plan on throwing up a thread but to date I’ve really enjoyed it! You getting any additional sim software with it? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Please keep us posted on how it works out for you.....and congratulations

• Like 1

SOOOOOOOO jealous!

Not sure how bad the risk is to use a non-impact rated screen.  I have hit into a tight-knit soccer goal and sent a ball right through that ricocheted around the yard for a while.  That wasn't super fun to watch.  I want to say there was a diy simulator setup on the blog.  They found a clearance impact rated screen from the link below.  Maybe the risk for sending one through is very small, but once the little guy is not-so-little, a garage might be a pretty small place to be sending a ball through.

https://www.carlofet.com/clearance-projector-screens.html  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, romeopapazulu said:

SOOOOOOOO jealous!

Not sure how bad the risk is to use a non-impact rated screen.  I have hit into a tight-knit soccer goal and sent a ball right through that ricocheted around the yard for a while.  That wasn't super fun to watch.  I want to say there was a diy simulator setup on the blog.  They found a clearance impact rated screen from the link below.  Maybe the risk for sending one through is very small, but once the little guy is not-so-little, a garage might be a pretty small place to be sending a ball through.

https://www.carlofet.com/clearance-projector-screens.html  

If I just had the screen, it would be a massive problem. The tarp behind the screen is what is stopping the ball. The screen itself is slightly fancier than a white sheet. Its sole purpose is to allow visibility for a projector.

My dad suggested replacing the plastic tarp with canvas, which I will likely do at some point, if I see any wear on the tarp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

You getting any additional sim software with it?

I'll post more about this later when I do a fuller review, but for now, I'm not. The costs are just outrageous. Here's what's worse: I pay $275 for my season membership at our local course (clergy rate). I'm not going to pay more for an annual subscription to play sim golf than I do to play real golf. That just ain't right.

• Like 4

Can anyone give me a good reason that I shouldn't drive around town, stalking the UPS truck?

image.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Can anyone give me a good reason that I shouldn't drive around town, stalking the UPS truck?

image.png

I got one. You'll probably follow the wrong one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I got one. You'll probably follow the wrong one.

You don't understand where I live. We only get one truck here 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

How about he will probably show up at your house as soon as you leave.

You win! Just got a text from my wife that UPS was already there. They normally deliver to us in the afternoon.

Now, to keep something like focus until lunchtime....

• Like 5

You didn’t put it in the church, did you? :)

Enjoy

• Like 3

Got it, opened it, getting the software ready for first use this evening. First impression: it's smaller than I expected.

IMG_20190104_120515.jpg

• Like 3