SkyTrak has some very nice features in the pipeline in their next few software releases. In 3.4, they're offering support for multiple accounts on a single SkyTrak device. This is awesome, and something beyond what I would have expected. What it means, for instance, is that I can create an account for Kirke, and it'll keep our stats separately, including club data. And they're doing this without Kirke being required to pay for his own Game Improvement subscription (which I wouldn't have done). And they've also announced that in 4.0, the graphics are getting a major upgrade, which is nice (although not really a major need, in my estimation).
So if I'm going to rave about the SkyTrak, I also need to offer criticisms where they're warranted. And here's my annoyance: they've recently been wanting the software to log in to their servers every single time it is launched. I find this immensely frustrating. Most of my SkyTrak use is either on my Android tablet or my Windows computer. Neither has internet access where I normally use them. This means that, in order to launch SkyTrak, I have to remember first to make my phone a wireless hotspot so that the software can log in.
And then there are times with something with their servers are wonky, and it just doesn't work. This afternoon, I tried to get in a brief practice before dinner. Tried connecting with both Android and Windows devices, and both got stuck on "Checking License Files." Looks like SkyTrak was having server issues, and so I was effectively locked out of my own device. That kind of thing isn't OK; the functionality of my standalone device shouldn't depend on their server status.
I mention this now with the expectation that they're just currently going through a rough patch and they'll get things sorted out soon, but as it stands, that's a frustration.

I’ve had the issue before where I couldn’t log in to the skytrak app, but the WGT app would worn just fine. But I will say it’s happened more often lately.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have the opportunity this year to teach a couple seminary classes as an adjunct. The extra income from those classes covers the cost of something I've wanted for years: a SkyTrak! It hasn't arr

Honestly: I have a very kind, gracious wife. The church takes good care of us, but not extravagantly (we wouldn't want them to be extravagant). My wife's frugality in everyday shopping practically add

Guys, this is awesome. It might be the coolest thing I've ever purchased. [So much for subtlety in a review.] I've still got a ways to go before I'm ready to write a full review. But my earl

Posted Images

Question for Skytrack users and/or LM's in general. I have had mine for a couple of months and overall it is good, it has limitations but overall it fits my needs. My question comes from hitting off mat on LM vs grass. I understand that mats reduce spin in general, which can affect distance obviously. My problem is the opposite there are certain clubs that are just flat out short of what I see on the course. For instance my 8 iron on skytrack may get close to 150, on the course it is between 160-165. 7 iron on skytrack is 170-175 which falls right in line with what I see on the course. 9 iron is about 7-10 yards short of course. 

So has anyone seen numbers fall off like this? 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Question for Skytrack users and/or LM's in general. I have had mine for a couple of months and overall it is good, it has limitations but overall it fits my needs. My question comes from hitting off mat on LM vs grass. I understand that mats reduce spin in general, which can affect distance obviously. My problem is the opposite there are certain clubs that are just flat out short of what I see on the course. For instance my 8 iron on skytrack may get close to 150, on the course it is between 160-165. 7 iron on skytrack is 170-175 which falls right in line with what I see on the course. 9 iron is about 7-10 yards short of course. 

So has anyone seen numbers fall off like this? 

I'm using the Fiberbuilt  Flight Deck and I think the spin numbers seem pretty accurate.  I played in Florida a couple of weeks ago for the first time after a ton of time on the SkyTrak.  What I saw was my distances matched up very well until I got to my 4 and 5 irons (10 yards shorter on SkyTrak) then spot on for the 2 and 3 hybrids I carry.  My wife won't let me use my driver because of the ceiling damage I have caused at home. 

It might be as simple as the matt you or using but I have also heard that higher swing speed players complain about accuracy.

• Like 2

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

15 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I'm using the Fiberbuilt  Flight Deck and I think the spin numbers seem pretty accurate.  I played in Florida a couple of weeks ago for the first time after a ton of time on the SkyTrak.  What I saw was my distances matched up very well until I got to my 4 and 5 irons (10 yards shorter on SkyTrak) then spot on for the 2 and 3 hybrids I carry.  My wife won't let me use my driver because of the ceiling damage I have caused at home. 

It might be as simple as the matt you or using but I have also heard that higher swing speed players complain about accuracy.

I am using Reel Feel Country club mat, so it is a quality mat....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I am using Reel Feel Country club mat, so it is a quality mat....

I see lower distances on every LM I've ever swung on. Maybe it's a mental thing, or the tech just isn't there like we want to believe? I don't own a LM but every single one I've hit (TM, GC2/4, etc.) have all been significantly shorter than what I see on the course. To be fair though, the only one I've ever hit actual golf balls on is a skycaddie, and indoors on a trackman. Even then I would expect my CHS to be accurate on a GC4, unless they didn't have the CHS cameras in it when I went to the TM demo... It was giving me club path though.

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I see lower distances on every LM I've ever swung on. Maybe it's a mental thing, or the tech just isn't there like we want to believe? I don't own a LM but every single one I've hit (TM, GC2/4, etc.) have all been significantly shorter than what I see on the course. To be fair though, the only one I've ever hit actual golf balls on is a skycaddie. Even then I would expect my CHS to be accurate on a GC4, unless they didn't have the CHS cameras in it when I went to the TM demo... It was giving me club path though.

For the most part I am the same way. I wonder if it something with delivery or impact variables. Most people are the opposite especially off mats. 

• Like 1

I read somewhere that some people tweak the altitude and humidity until your distances match up with what you expect on the course. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I read somewhere that some people tweak the altitude and humidity until your distances match up with what you expect on the course. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yep, the weird thing is it is only on 8, 9 pw, basically those 3 clubs. All others are about what I would expect. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Got it, opened it, getting the software ready for first use this evening. First impression: it's smaller than I expected.

IMG_20190104_120515.jpg

Hey! Congrats on the Skytrak! I have one as well. I hope your enjoying it as much as I enjoy mine. I absolutely love it. 
There is one thing that I’ve noticed with mine. I believe that it really exaggerates and is just a tiny bit misleading on how big of a draw or a fade you’re hitting. I’ve used it all winter and it’s had me hitting a lot of 20 yard hard draws. Then I went to the range one day not doing anything different and I was hitting them all fairly straight. I get home go on the skytrak and there it is again. I believe I do have some draw spin on it, but I think it isn’t exactly as hard as it makes it out to be. Other than that, it’s been amazing for me. It’s really helped me with knowing all of my distances, carry and total. I’m a better golfer because of my skytrak.

• Like 2

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

45 minutes ago, MALyons31 said:

Hey! Congrats on the Skytrak! I have one as well. I hope your enjoying it as much as I enjoy mine. I absolutely love it. 
There is one thing that I’ve noticed with mine. I believe that it really exaggerates and is just a tiny bit misleading on how big of a draw or a fade you’re hitting. I’ve used it all winter and it’s had me hitting a lot of 20 yard hard draws. Then I went to the range one day not doing anything different and I was hitting them all fairly straight. I get home go on the skytrak and there it is again. I believe I do have some draw spin on it, but I think it isn’t exactly as hard as it makes it out to be. Other than that, it’s been amazing for me. It’s really helped me with knowing all of my distances, carry and total. I’m a better golfer because of my skytrak.

A couple weeks ago, a new version of the SkyTrak software came up. Not sure if you're running 3.4 or the older version, but apparently one known flaw with the older version is that it didn't account for spin decay: that the ball spin decreases during the ball flight. I can't say that I've noticed a huge difference, but your experience might be different than mine.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:adams-small: XTD Proto dHy 21°, Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

2 hours ago, MALyons31 said:

I have had the same issue with mine. 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

A couple weeks ago, a new version of the SkyTrak software came up. Not sure if you're running 3.4 or the older version, but apparently one known flaw with the older version is that it didn't account for spin decay: that the ball spin decreases during the ball flight. I can't say that I've noticed a huge difference, but your experience might be different than mine.

It is an improvement that is for sure, but like you said not a huge change. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:19 PM, yungkory said:

I see lower distances on every LM I've ever swung on.

Interesting you mentioned that .. I've had those same experiences!

In fact, when I started my GolfTec lessons one of the things the coach mentioned is we have to work on your swing speed and distances .. I told him, I dunno why but I have trouble hitting indoors .. he told me most of the people he sees are the opposite, eg they hit better in the studio....

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to have found this thread before pulling the trigger on my SkyTrak.  Great information as I read through the entire experience.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Handicap 12

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

3-Wood: TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

Hybrids:  TaylorMade GAPR Mid, GAPR Hi

Irons:    TaylorMade P-790 5-PW, Oban Shafts, R+ Flex

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 56 Full Grind, Oban shafts, Cleveland RTX 60, Mid Grind, Oban Shaft

Putter:  Odyssey DF-550

• 8 months later...

New 4.0 Beta Version is out to test and should be out soon.  Not any huge updates that will greatly affect play, but still nice to see them working on the software.  Biggest thing I'd like to see as most do is to fix the spin decay which is the issue where the spin remains constant throughout the entire ball flight which is not realistic.

Wanted to ask anyone that currently has TGC 2019?    I currently don't have a powerful enough setup to power the game, but it looks like it would give me the best play for my money.  So many wonderful courses and the graphics look superb.  I know the first bounce issue, but that's not a huge deal to me.  Anything else I need to know.  For my computer, I'm thinking I am getting a nvidia 1660 or higher for GPU.

• Like 4

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, juspoole said:

New 4.0 Beta Version is out to test and should be out soon.  Not any huge updates that will greatly affect play, but still nice to see them working on the software.  Biggest thing I'd like to see as most do is to fix the spin decay which is the issue where the spin remains constant throughout the entire ball flight which is not realistic.

Wanted to ask anyone that currently has TGC 2019?    I currently don't have a powerful enough setup to power the game, but it looks like it would give me the best play for my money.  So many wonderful courses and the graphics look superb.  I know the first bounce issue, but that's not a huge deal to me.  Anything else I need to know.  For my computer, I'm thinking I am getting a nvidia 1660 or higher for GPU.

Good luck finding GPU's these days what with the mining guys and the scalpers snatching everything up. I somehow managed to grab a RTX 3070 on launch day at retail from NewEgg. One of my mentees I am working with through the Tiger Woods Foundation is still waiting on the waiting list for an RTX 3080 for which he signed up on launch day! 

• Like 1

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

Just now, golfish! said:

Good luck finding GPU's these days what with the mining guys and the scalpers snatching everything up. I somehow managed to grab a RTX 3070 on launch day at retail from NewEgg

You are not wrong about that.  I failed to mention above that I'd be going the laptop route as I need something portable at the moment.  Nearly bought an asus from bestbuy with an RTX 3060, but found a legion 5 with an rtx 2060 that was refurbished with 2 year warranty from Lenovo that was too good of deal to pass up for the specs.  Since I'm not a gamer and will only be running TGC 2019 on it, it should be more than enough for a while, even if there is an update to the game.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

19 hours ago, juspoole said:

You are not wrong about that.  I failed to mention above that I'd be going the laptop route as I need something portable at the moment.  Nearly bought an asus from bestbuy with an RTX 3060, but found a legion 5 with an rtx 2060 that was refurbished with 2 year warranty from Lenovo that was too good of deal to pass up for the specs.  Since I'm not a gamer and will only be running TGC 2019 on it, it should be more than enough for a while, even if there is an update to the game.

Yeah I think those specs should be more than enough to run a golf sim. Have fun!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

• 2 weeks later...

There's new software in the works for SkyTrak, version 4.0 is still in BETA, but you can download it.  I'm using it now and haven't had any issues.  Best part is if you don't like it, just put your current version back on it.

-- Peejer

The features say:

V4.0 Release Notes

- Improved Range Graphics
- Improved Tracers
- Improved Camera Views
- Limited supported characters in Profile Name
- Restricted Altitude and temperature to realistic values
- Fixed duplicate club bug in Bag Management
- Fixed Bag Mapping bug in offline mode
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements

PC 64 bit: http://dl.skygolf.com/skytrak/4.0.0/..._x64_4.0.0.exe