Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Cobra F9 & F9 ONE Irons Thread

null

The One Length looks make me think of Tour Edge with that shape & color. For me, Cobra irons always look so much better in hand than they do in pics. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The F9 One Length irons are the only irons that interest me this year.  Curious to see how the new shaft strategy plays out since their stance on shafts changes every year with the "F" series one lengths but not with their other one length offerings.  Anyone know why?

Also, thanks jlukes for taking the lead and creating all of the new product threads.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I’m in the market for new irons and have been toying with the idea of F9 One Lengths but at 5 iron length i.e. 1.25″ longer than stock. 

Due to the parameter of length being constant and head weights varying more than variable lengths I would expect One Length irons to be more effected by the effects of choking. Rather than choking down my thought is that choking up would give a similar length shot at a steeper descent angle i.e. rather than a stock OL 5 iron playing a slightly longer (choked up) 6 iron.

So I have two lengths. Stock gives me the flatter long irons to go under wind or at more generous pins while the choked up iron length allows me to hit a shorter club the same distance but come in steeper. My thought is it gives me two options with the same swing. 

I assume there will be a choke length that gives the same distance, as per the previous example a stock 5 iron versus a choked up 6 iron and possibly for someone capable of an even more consistent strike this could be modified slightly to reduce the gapping variation i.e. instead of say 10-12 yards between clubs he alters the choke to bring his gapping down to 5-6 yards so he effectively carries two irons per iron i.e. 5i, 5i stock, 6i, 6i stock etc.

I appreciate that choking down on variable length clubs has always been ‘a thing’ but like I said, I’d think One Length would be more sensitive to this and the idea kind of flips it on it’s head.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this as it’s an idea that needs bouncing off someone who’d know. It might be right but it might be utter nonsense as well.

Are they all set on a 7 iron length shaft? It’s so interesting, yet are any pros besides Dechambo using it?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Are they all set on a 7 iron length shaft? It’s so interesting, yet are any pros besides Dechambo using it?

According to Cobra they are all 7 iron length and their standard is 37.5 inches for the 7. I’m only aware of Bryson playing these on tour but I frequent a top 100 fitter and he told me the guys buying the Edel single length irons from him are local pros and mini tour guys. Kind of interesting that guys that make a living at the lower level are trying these to get over the hump.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

According to Cobra they are all 7 iron length and their standard is 37.5 inches for the 7. I’m only aware of Bryson playing these on tour but I frequent a top 100 fitter and he told me the guys buying the Edel single length irons from him are local pros and mini tour guys. Kind of interesting that guys that make a living at the lower level are trying these to get over the hump.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

All 7 iron length but variable lie angle which is a bit odd. More upright for the longer irons and flatter for the shorter. Effectively like the spokes of a wheel if the hub was the ball. Not sure what this does to the one swing, one spine angle etc claims? That said I don’t think Cobra have said this since the F7 irons (could be wrong). Still, less adjustments than variable length. 

Perhaps the variable lie angle would make the transition to one length easier? 

Archived