Jump to content
Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
jlukes

PXG 0811 X & XF GEN 2 Driver Thread

Recommended Posts

Good info and I’ve heard the txg guys say that slower ss doesn’t always equate to slower ball speed or less distance if everything is optimizefoptimized

No doubt that hitting the center of the club face is a great factor!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I’ll be doing a fitting for these on the 28th while I’m in Houston. Looking forward to it!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It’s probably going to cost a fitting fee if going to one of their authorized facility like any other brand you would get fit by, but if you go on their site and schedule a fitting that is normally done with their local rep. Mine was done at TPC Potomac and they actually had their rep who covers DC area, Delaware and parts of PA and iirc NJ come down just for my fitting as they had no other one booked. The did one at the beginning of August and scheduled a second at a couple weeks later and I was only one booked and instead of canceling/rescheduling the rep came down and did the fitting and in between my booking and the fitting day they did get two other fittings(one was for a client who did an indoor fitting and wanted to double cb em his fitting outdoors). Was charged for the clubs, grips and shipping only.
their reps have a ton of shafts with them too so yeah it’s a deal 

I just had to cancel my fitting in Houston because they’re charging $150 for fittings with their reps. One does get to use the $150 toward the cost of the club, but you have to decide right after the fitting, you can’t use it later.
So, fittings are not free....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PMookie said:


I just had to cancel my fitting in Houston because they’re charging $150 for fittings with their reps. One does get to use the $150 toward the cost of the club, but you have to decide right after the fitting, you can’t use it later.
So, fittings are not free....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where was your fitting schedule at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where was your fitting schedule at?

The Woodlands. Rep said if I’m a member of a club, they can do them free there. Well, not a member anywhere. Not sure why it couldn’t be done at a public driving range as all we were doing was using a CC range.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PMookie said:


The Woodlands. Rep said if I’m a member of a club, they can do them free there. Well, not a member anywhere. Not sure why it couldn’t be done at a public driving range as all we were doing was using a CC range.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I talked to the rep here and there is no fitting fee when pxg reps do fittings. There’s a $159 fee if getting fit at PXG HQ.  It sounds like the course was charging.

The PXG reps tend to do fittings at courses that have accounts and/or big accounts.  There atenmy many public ranges that have accounts and they also tend to use mats and pxg prefers places that have grass. When I did my fitting last year at TPC Potomac with them I had a long conversation with the local rep and the regional fitter about all that. I had to drive nearly an hour to the fitting and then fight DC rush hour traffic to get home which would have been 90+ mins. The rep invited me to stay at the range and hit balls as long as I wanted to avoid having to sit in traffic. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PMookie said:


The Woodlands. Rep said if I’m a member of a club, they can do them free there. Well, not a member anywhere. Not sure why it couldn’t be done at a public driving range as all we were doing was using a CC range.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can reach out to PXG and see if I can help? I bought so much stuff from them that I believe they would make an exception... 🙂 PM me if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can reach out to PXG and see if I can help? I bought so much stuff from them that I believe they would make an exception... PM me if you want.

Thanks. I’ve emailed the rep and he said that they have to do them where there is an account, and that the club in Houston charges them $150, so they pass it on to me. There is a club here in Louisiana, 30 miles from here, that has an account with them, so I’ve emailed the rep that members there would vouch for me and get me in for the day. Worse comes to worst, my buddy will be running the new Club Champion in New Orleans and he’ll have them, along with everything else to try.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PMookie said:


Thanks. I’ve emailed the rep and he said that they have to do them where there is an account, and that the club in Houston charges them $150, so they pass it on to me. There is a club here in Louisiana, 30 miles from here, that has an account with them, so I’ve emailed the rep that members there would vouch for me and get me in for the day. Worse comes to worst, my buddy will be running the new Club Champion in New Orleans and he’ll have them, along with everything else to try.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The club charges them 150 PER PERSON? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The club charges them 150 PER PERSON? 

Not sure if it’s per person, as I was the only one being fitted, but he said the club charges him $150....

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, well when they started up the fitter would actually come to you to get fitted. Now they have fitting events and in the UK they're always free to attend. If you want me to ask at the HQ - let me know as I don't mind

Or you can go join my giveaway and maybe get a free Ping 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Until we start seeing actual performance-testing numbers, the conversation here is about the price drop, right? An early hunch: there are some execs at Wilson that aren't thrilled right now.

They must’ve removed the space age materials from the screws to cut it down that much. 🤣



In the bag
Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex
3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree
Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2
Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie
Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I finally set-up a fitting and it won’t cost me anything. Got connected with the rep in Orlando, and she’ll fit me at Celebration on 2/6.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 12:40 AM, PMookie said:

Well, I finally set-up a fitting and it won’t cost me anything. Got connected with the rep in Orlando, and she’ll fit me at Celebration on 2/6.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waiting to hear how it went!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 6:40 PM, PMookie said:

Well, I finally set-up a fitting and it won’t cost me anything. Got connected with the rep in Orlando, and she’ll fit me at Celebration on 2/6.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wondering if you'd PM me the reps contact info?  I'm in Tampa area but could drive up to Orlando for a fitting.  Thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Larryd3 said:

wondering if you'd PM me the reps contact info?  I'm in Tampa area but could drive up to Orlando for a fitting.  Thanks

You can schedule a fitting thru their website 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larryd3 said:

Thanks very much.  

Your welcome. Only thing I would recommend is verify that wherever the fitting is they don’t charge pxg who then transfers the cost to the golfer as was mentioned by pmookie

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×