Sign in to follow this  
puttingpirate

PXG Gen2 Metalwoods.

So, had a chance to play them for the past month or so.

When I brought it back to the UK with me I went playing at a links course (Burnham & Berrow) and drove a 288 par 4 into 45mph wind (and yes I have it on video - 
a loooong drive :)
, also have the missed eagle put;) ). It was obvious the club stays in the bag.

As much as I liked their hybrids before, the woods were a bit of a sore point with the gen1 either not sounding / feeling great, this one is a winner.

I may not be the most impartial here, but I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'll play anything that can lower my scores. And I believe that trio can't hurt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsIf4mkgn9A/

And oh my they look good at address 😉

If you have any questions - shoot!

• Like 1

I just finished the FREE fitting for the PXG Gen 2 driver, 0811 X. I hit my G400 first and he said it would be tough to beat. He handed me theirs with the HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 and it was out after two swings. He tried the Even Flow white shaft/black label in X, and it was out in 2 swings. He was searching through his shafts and was saying he probably wouldn’t have anything that could beat mine. Then he pulled out the new Graphite Design VR shaft, upgrade of-course (my luck).
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Dead straight, on a rope, and LONG. 10 yards more carry than mine! And I didn’t miss. That shaft felt great, and my dispersion tightened-up by 8 yards right-to-left! The fairways at my public course are only 21 yards wide... That gets me in the fairway even MORE, and 10 yards further. My carry went from 272 to 282, average. I went from 303/305 total to 315/318. It’s a great driver for me, but having to go to an “exotic” shaft puts it out of my range right now.... But, MAN, I had a good afternoon with PXG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    skiguy327

• By 03trdblack
      Selling a perfect set of 5-GW (7 total) Recoil F2 460 Series Iron Shafts .370 Parallel Tip professional pulled from a set of PXG 0311 irons.  The F2 flex designation is Senior or "A" Flex.  The grips are PXG branded Pure Pro grips and are almost brand new in condition.  

The 5 iron shaft measures 37.25" from grip cap to shaft tip.  The Pure Grips have a grip cap that measures 1/4" so the graphite shaft will measure 37" without a grip.  The 5 iron measured 38.25" when shafted.  Each shaft decreases in length 1/2" (6 iron is 1/2" less than 5 iron shaft, etc).  Specs from the UST website are listed below:  

Description Flex Weight Torque Launch Butt OD Tip OD Tip Parallel Length Recoil 460 F2 A 63g 5.2° High 0.596" 0.370" 5.5" 41"  

Description from the website:  

Finally, a revolutionary technology that will change how you think about iron shafts. UST Mamiya's new recoil iron shafts are a game changer. In the past, heavy weight graphite iron shafts felt dead and stiff. With UST Mamiya's exclusive recoilâ„¢ technology, we have brought feel back into the shaft, while allowing players to hit a wide range of shots that result in better distance control and pin seeking accuracy.   

By positioning over 19 different layers within the shaft, we were able to create a design that outperforms the best steel shafts in the market.   

I would be happy to provide pictures on request.  SOLD  
    • By mr.hicksta
      Vessel Player 2.0 14-Way Stand Bag
       G410 Plus 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2", D2) 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | ACCRA TZ5 75 M4 (78g, tipped 1 1/2", D2)
      G410 2H 18º (40.75") | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4 (95g, tipped 1 1/2", D2)
       G410 4 Crossover 23º (39.25") | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4 (95g, tipped 1 1/2", D3)
      Epon AF-505 5-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped, 5-9 D3, PW D4)
      RTX 4 50••, 54••, 58•• | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 X (129g, Soft Stepped, D4, D5, D6)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (33") | KBS CT Tour Putter
       Pro V1x

Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet/Tour Velvet 360 grips, Ping Tour and Sport Gloves,  Robert Mark Golf and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and custom Epoch S3 tees.

• By Maltenator
      Current 2019 WITB. I just swapped over to all new everything to reinvent my game, and so far it's helping. I've dropped 6 strokes off my typical score and went down from  13 to a 10 on my handicap. All by getting fitted again after 6 years, and getting new gear. So without further ado...

Sun Mountain C130 USA bag  Driver - PXG 0811XF - Tensei Ck Orange - 66 G Stiff 3 Wood - TM M6 - Tensei CK Orange - 65 G Stiff 19* Hybrid - TM M6 - Tensei CK Orange - 82 G Stiff 22* Hyrbid - TM M6 - Tensei CK Orange - 82 G Stiff Irons - PXG 0211 5-PW - True Temper Elevate Tour 117 G Stiff Wedges - PXG 0211 50*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Elevate Tour 117 G Stiff All wrapped in Standard Winn Gray/Red Dri-Tacs Putter - Scotty Cameron - Newport 1.5 - 33" - Super Stroke 5.0 FATSO Ball - TM TP5 or Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis yellow and black

• By Maltenator
      Garmin Approach G8 golf GPS in excellent shape. Fantastic battery life have gotten through 36 holes roughly 9-10 hours 2 weeks ago and still had 30% battery life left. Has free life time map updates through computer App, or over Wi-Fi. All maps are current and so is software. Asking $210 shipped OBO.

Brand new never swung, Fujikura Pro 2.0 67.5 Gram Stiff shaft. Has a PXG adapter but can be swapped for whatever adapter you need (I don't have adapters you will need to get one). Comes with brand new Winn standard size Dri-Tac. Asking $125 OBO shipping cost are separate and on the buyer. Will USPS Priority mail 2nd day should be no more than $15 for shipping from me in Virginia to you. Retails for $250+.

• By puttingpirate
      So, PXG released 0211 irons.
      A progressive size head set (4i XF -> then P size head) with the same foam inside but the whole club is cast. 
      At half the price of the current lineup ($200/head).
      What do you guys think?
      Pic:

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!