@jlukes This has been very useful, and really appreciate you sharing. I am working through a similar process on my end over the last few months (trying to fix a stall with the lower body rotation that leads to early release, flip, pull hook 🙄)  and it has often felt like 2 steps forward followed by 1 (sometimes 1.9) steps back. Seeing the written and video updates at each step along the way must be helpful for you to look back on as well, right? I have been keeping notes on my phone but I like what you've done better.

I got an initial 3 lessons and have been working through drills since then on my own to try and save money. As you alluded to, with family and work obligations, the time spent on golf is never as much as you hope, so it's hard to commit to focused practice on a Saturday when that would be your only chance to get out on the course with your buddies, but I think another 6-pack of lessons would be money well spent for me in the long run...

Please keep sharing as the season picks up for you. Best of luck exiting the 80s on a more permanent basis!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

@jlukes This has been very useful, and really appreciate you sharing. I am working through a similar process on my end over the last few months (trying to fix a stall with the lower body rotation that leads to early release, flip, pull hook 🙄)  and it has often felt like 2 steps forward followed by 1 (sometimes 1.9) steps back. Seeing the written and video updates at each step along the way must be helpful for you to look back on as well, right? I have been keeping notes on my phone but I like what you've done better.

I got an initial 3 lessons and have been working through drills since then on my own to try and save money. As you alluded to, with family and work obligations, the time spent on golf is never as much as you hope, so it's hard to commit to focused practice on a Saturday when that would be your only chance to get out on the course with your buddies, but I think another 6-pack of lessons would be money well spent for me in the long run...

Please keep sharing as the season picks up for you. Best of luck exiting the 80s on a more permanent basis!

Absolutely. Documenting everything here really helped me digest what I was trying to do and it kept me honest with just how much improvement I was having. 

I definitely plan to provide updates throughout the season 

• Like 3

Somewhat related to the slow motion practice idea, and without holding a club, here's a tip from the inimitable Martin Hall about structure in the arms...

It definitely addresses one of my big problems!

Oh, note: the tip ends at about the 3:00 Mark, then a Revolution Golf ad is spliced on.

• Like 2

And here's what I thought to be a really interesting note on why we must practice practice practice what we've been shown...

"We forget 40% of what we learn immediately upon leaving the learning environment and without proper review, we lose almost 90% in one week without proper review cycles. (Ebbinghaus Forgetting Curve)"

-- This was in an email newsletter from the founder of the "Coach Now" app.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

And here's what I thought to be a really interesting note on why we must practice practice practice what we've been shown...

"We forget 40% of what we learn immediately upon leaving the learning environment and without proper review, we lose almost 90% in one week without proper review cycles. (Ebbinghaus Forgetting Curve)"

-- This was in an email newsletter from the founder of the "Coach Now" app.

Ain't this the truth. Between my elbow injury and flu, I didn't hit golf balls for most of March. Definitely took a step or two backwards 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really enjoyed reading this thread. Feel like I need to start one now and track how my lessons have gone.

Just curious. Did your new swing overhaul ever give you reservations about doing fittings, or did you feel like your foundation already was enough for you to get fit even with the changes you were doing?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1