5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Swing Overhaul Part 2 has commenced 

Really appreciate you posting these videos, @jlukes. Not only is it fascinating watching your work and progress, but there's hardly been one that you've put up that hasn't given me something to think about in my own swing.

• Like 3

I have always known what I was doing wrong, even after my lesson program last year, and I still couldn't get the proper thoughts'feels to correct.  I decided to go back to my instructor, Jason, who worked with in 2013 and 2014.  He's really the only instructor I have had that has been able to drastically transform my swing.  Before going to Jason in 2013, my driver spin was around 3500 and my launch was around 7 degrees.  I was hitting so far down with my driver that it was robbing me of distance.  Jason helped me hit up on the ball and turn my high cut into a draw.  

The new swing is all about control with the scoring clubs. He loves my driver swing and there are only a few tweaks we are going to make there, but he doesn't want to rob me of any speed.

We are focusing on getting wider/deeper in the backswing (bringing my hands less inside) and then pivoting through the downswing and keeping my hands much lower.  In just one lesson yesterday, we were already able to see very promising results on hitting knockdown shots with the PW and 8i.  As I get more comfortable with the concepts and the move, I will be ramping up the speed and eventually translating it to full swings with the scoring clubs and then transitioning to the longer irons, hybrids and woods. 

Really excited to be working with Jason again.

• Like 6

Went to the range this evening and worked on the drills I learned last week. Man I can already see and feel the difference in my ball striking. I'm flushing my irons and really compressing the ball. Working on maintaining my posture through the downswing and feeling like I'm having the club exit more around my body to the left rather than up and to the left. Towel drill really helped me actually start hitting down on my irons. Coming together nicely. 

IMG_20190806_181824_187.thumb.jpg.6698eace5e1b814773d86845da91ae3f.jpg

Didn’t look back so you may have already answered. What is your margin of error for placing the ball on front of the towel?
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Didn’t look back so you may have already answered. What is your margin of error for placing the ball on front of the towel?

About 2 inches 

• Like 2

The towel drill is one I've used in the past that really helped me out too.  When I started working on my changes last winter, I was only hitting -1.5* down with pretty much every iron.  My coach wanted that down to -3-4.5*, depending on the club.  The towel drill and moving the ball back in my stance as the clubs got shorter really made a difference for me.

ETA: I had always played the ball in the same position, regardless of club.  The combo of towel drill and ball placement did get my angle of attack to a much more desirable range.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, jlukes said:

Swing Overhaul Part 2 has commenced 

Wow.... What a transformation! 👍