100 push ups a day

Shankster

I'll join in the fun on one condition...no shirtless progress updates from anyone.  That happens I'll give it a shot but will have to work my way up to 100 a day.  I suffer from long arms as well Shankster, mine happen to be skinny too!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Boy am I out of shape! I'm sore.

• Like 4

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

For me to get to 100 a day anytime soon I'd need to quit my job.  Goal will be 50 a day to start then build from there.

• Like 4

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

For me to get to 100 a day anytime soon I'd need to quit my job.  Goal will be 50 a day to start then build from there.

Is it a time thing? or an endurance thing? 

I mentioned this earlier but I usually break it into 10's or 20's. I was hardcore about this early last year as well and then fell off when I switched jobs. 

Roughly I do 10 before I hop in the shower, 10 when I hop out, 10 before I leave for work. Then when I get home I do 10 and change clothes, Do my actual workout, then 10 after, rinse off the sweat, 10 again, 40 left and its not even dinnertime, After that I just do 10 every time I come out of the bathroom and I usually have 10 or 20 left before bed which I just knockout. 

Not everyone has the same schedule of course, but the principle applies that just chipping away is much much easier in terms of time and fitness needed to achieve them. Just some thoughts on this, not just for you but for others as well who may be struggling to find the time. 

FWIW At my old job we had individual bathrooms, every time I went, I'd just drop and do 10, wash hands, proceed with life...Gross, yeah for sure, but it got the job done. 🙂

• Like 4

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Is it a time thing? or an endurance thing? 
I mentioned this earlier but I usually break it into 10's or 20's. I was hardcore about this early last year as well and then fell off when I switched jobs. 
Roughly I do 10 before I hop in the shower, 10 when I hop out, 10 before I leave for work. Then when I get home I do 10 and change clothes, Do my actual workout, then 10 after, rinse off the sweat, 10 again, 40 left and its not even dinnertime, After that I just do 10 every time I come out of the bathroom and I usually have 10 or 20 left before bed which I just knockout. 
Not everyone has the same schedule of course, but the principle applies that just chipping away is much much easier in terms of time and fitness needed to achieve them. Just some thoughts on this, not just for you but for others as well who may be struggling to find the time. 
FWIW At my old job we had individual bathrooms, every time I went, I'd just drop and do 10, wash hands, proceed with life...Gross, yeah for sure, but it got the job done. [emoji846]

It’s a little of both I think. I’m going to start in the morning by doing as many as I can before and after a shower. At work isn’t an option but if I go home for lunch I’ll bang a few more out.

The bathroom isn’t an option at work because I’d be like a dog drinking from a bowl the way the crapper is set up. Finding time to do 1 set of 4 then 33 sets of 3 each day is a whole other issue.

But I’m going to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Been doing this for a year now. 130 today , and last set of 20 I hold chest to ground and count 1-2-3. Than up and do another rep.Some noticed huge changes, not much for me. Now if you can do 100 pull ups a day you will notice something amazing 

or do a set of Himylaian runners between each set. Or set of box squats. I can do this at work in the hallway with work uniform on 

Edited by Big money
  • Like 3

Keep it in the short stuff

Did my first plank last night, held it for between 30 and 60 seconds before the shakes got me.

• Like 5

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Did my first plank last night, held it for between 30 and 60 seconds before the shakes got me.

well done, first plank usually has earthquake proportion shakes after 15 seconds.

I did it everyday (years ago) and got to 11 minutes but even 30 seconds is beyond me just now.

• Like 3

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Day 4 in the books.

I’m definitely going to have to alternate days between knuckle and palm push ups. Starting to get sore hands, and some callus will form if I continue the palm push ups.

Maybe some gloves, or a bar... something.

• Like 3

I'm up to 1 minute, although I think I could go longer.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

At work they’re laughing at me because I’m cranking them out here. Giving em 20 every 2 hours.

• Like 4

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

At work they’re laughing at me because I’m cranking them out here. Giving em 20 every 2 hours.

Start a revolution. Before long I bet someone joins you.
  • Like 1

I just started this morning - only got to 30. I've got some work to do to catch up with you guys. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

13 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I just started this morning - only got to 30. I've got some work to do to catch up with you guys. 

... This reminds me of a training film I narrated for a financial advisor in KC many years ago. It showed how investing $50 a month (if I remember the $ correctly) starting in your early 20's would make you a millionaire. I commented may people in their 20's just aren't ready to invest barely covering their bills with their paychecks and while his response was about investing, it applies to so many other walks of life "The best time to start investing is when you are young. The second best time is right now". So sounds like you are taking his advice and starting right now👍

Edited by chisag
  • Like 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

I’m a few days late but will join you in this revolution.
When I was in the military I would set an alarm for every hour of the work day and make my entire team bust out at least 5 - 20 pushups depending on their individual strength level or physical limitations. Now that I work in the civilian world I can’t make anybody do it with me but I will follow that same principle and see if anyone wants to join me. It really goes a long way to building camaraderie. It also only takes a few seconds and really helps to break up the day and you may even start to enjoy them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

WITB:
:ping-small:  G Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
:bridgestone-small: J38, 3W (15 / s-flex)
:titelist-small:  980F, 5W (19) s-flex
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

Slow start as time kinda caught up with me with work and a few other commitments, however been at 60+ for 3 days running. Elbow joint keeps creaking which isn't great, but no pain. Definitely feels good doing a set amount so far and will look to ramp up this weekend into next week.

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: