Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MGS Test Recommendation - Golf Tee's

Peejer

I was listening to a golf talk show tonight (BiGGs Golf Talk) and they had a guest on that was talking about their tee's.

The company is Zoom Tee's, designed by an aerospace engineer that allegedly helps the ball go 'a few yards farther'.  The good part is they do some charity work associated with their product, so it's also a feel good story.  Great for them... but, not my point.

It got me thinking that I've seen the "Brush Tee" and the "4 Yards Longer Tee" and a few others, I'm sure.  I'm honestly very skeptical that tee's actually make a difference at all, but that's my opinion.  Has MyGolfSpy ever done any testing along these lines?!?  Just curious to see if the data matches the hype - when done by an independent, unbiased company.

Anyone else interested in this one?

Thanks, -- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

I thought a tee that actually did anything like help a ball fly straighter or longer was illegal. So these companies can claim all they want, but as soon as they show any data to prove it they no longer have a product.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

It's a little old but here ya go,

https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-labs-golf-tee-wars/

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 hour ago, PJEVANS said:

I was listening to a golf talk show tonight (BiGGs Golf Talk) and they had a guest on that was talking about their tee's.

The company is Zoom Tee's, designed by an aerospace engineer that allegedly helps the ball go 'a few yards farther'.  The good part is they do some charity work associated with their product, so it's also a feel good story.  Great for them... but, not my point.

It got me thinking that I've seen the "Brush Tee" and the "4 Yards Longer Tee" and a few others, I'm sure.  I'm honestly very skeptical that tee's actually make a difference at all, but that's my opinion.  Has MyGolfSpy ever done any testing along these lines?!?  Just curious to see if the data matches the hype - when done by an independent, unbiased company.

Anyone else interested in this one?

Thanks, -- P.J.

As the ball is hit before the tee I don't see how it's physically or scientifically possible for a tee to affect a shot, positively or negatively.

Many pro's just dig up a piece if turf and smack it down the middle with a fairway wood or iron.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

2 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

As the ball is hit before the tee I don't see how it's physically or scientifically possible for a tee to affect a shot, positively or negatively.

Many pro's just dig up a piece if turf and smack it down the middle with a fairway wood or iron.

It's not the club hitting the ball, it's the friction of the ball leaving the tee. The goal of these tees is to reduce the coefficient of friction between tee and ball, therefore increasing ball speed after leaving the tee.  

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

10 hours ago, GB13 said:

It's not the club hitting the ball, it's the friction of the ball leaving the tee. The goal of these tees is to reduce the coefficient of friction between tee and ball, therefore increasing ball speed after leaving the tee.  

How do you measure that!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I saw a Brit dude recently on a YouTube video showing off a tee he had designed. It was basically a bent tee where the top 1/3 of the tee was angled back toward the face of the driver. I don't recall the name or anything or I'd post it here.

I'm not a believer in golf tee performance gains. I tried some 4-More Yards tees a few years ago but didn't notice anything. Kenny got me interested in them. Perhaps he'll see this post and chime in. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

13 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

I thought a tee that actually did anything like help a ball fly straighter or longer was illegal. So these companies can claim all they want, but as soon as they show any data to prove it they no longer have a product.

These are the current regulations around tees:

A tee is a device designed to raise the ball off the ground. A tee must not:

• be longer than 4 inches (101.6 mm);

• be designed or manufactured in such a way that it could indicate line of play;

• unduly influence the movement of the ball; or

• otherwise assist the player in making a stroke or in his play.

I agree, if there's data that indicates that a tee might change the result of stroke, it would be non-conforming.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

13 hours ago, GB13 said:

It's a little old but here ya go,

https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-labs-golf-tee-wars/

Great find!

I personally believe that there is something with tees and their "performance" based solely on my own (albeit limited) experiences from a solid season of golf last year. I tried several types, but indeed noticed that wood was definitely no good for me for some reason and neither were the ones I got from Snell that came with my MTB Red test package. The ones I settled on are the Pride Sports Evolution model and I also liked the MGS tees, though I wish those were a tad bit longer in length.

I would say that I too think some new testing should be done.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

The men and women whose lively hoods depend on their success and or failure on the golf course routinely use old standard wood tees. As a matter of fact when they are hitting any thing less than a driver they can often be seen rummaging around the tee box like us commoners looking for an old broken tee. For me, that’s proof enough to safely say a tee gives you no competitive advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I don't think there's much science to different golf tees - it's more marketing than anything else. Want 4 more yards - working on SS could accomplish that. 

On the other hand I do use plastic tees, but only because I constantly break the wooden ones. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart