TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dots above Forum names

Just noticed they have been replaced by a badge with your nearest thousand posts- nice one- that's clearer and looks good.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Not that it matters but shouldn't mine show 4,000?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

16 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Not that it matters but shouldn't mine show 4,000?

We just went at major milestone intravals, the next one for you will be 5,000!    So get to work, it's in view😁

After that comes the rarefied air of 10,000!   Only two members hve reached that lofty status, RevKev and KennyB   But if Shankster with over 8700 posts ever returns to the pace of his early days of posting, he'll get there by Saturday 🤣

I have a ways to go to get there, but as you can see our actual counts still show beneath that.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

We just went at major milestone intravals, the next one for you will be 5,000!    So get to work, it's in view😁

After that comes the rarefied air of 10,000!   Only two members hve reached that lofty status, RevKev and KennyB   But if Shankster with over 8700 posts ever returns to the pace of his early days of posting, he'll get there by Saturday 🤣

I have a ways to go to get there, but as you can see our actual counts still show beneath that.

PJ shows 1,000 but he should have a 4,000 badge. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

PJ shows 1,000 but he should have a 4,000 badge. 

See my post above about them being major milestone badges, we didn't want to clutter them with every 1,000 posts.   So once you reach 1,000, the next is 5,000 and then 10,000.

22 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I guess, I mean, if you even pay attention to those sorts of things.  🙄😉

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Not quite. Maybe by The Masters.

Don't sell yourself short 😁

1 minute ago, GSwag said:

I guess, I mean, if you even pay attention to those sorts of things.  🙄😉

To me it will always be quality over quantity of posts.  But at the same time, it's nice to look and see what yourself or others have contributed in the way of posts. 

And to this point, just to make it clear to everyone and John touched on this the other day.  Number of posts is way way down the list of factors when we are considering testers.   We have been known to pick a tester with 40 posts because they are all of quality and added value, and completely overlook some with 100 or more because they were all testing applications and not one general topic posts. 

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

See my post above about them being major milestone badges, we didn't want to clutter them with every 1,000 posts.   So once you reach 1,000, the next is 5,000 and then 10,000.

Sorry I missed that part. However, while we aren't here to accumulate posts, I do think the mod's should recognize more frequent milestones than 1,000 - 5,000 - 10,000. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I am digging all the new badges that are getting added. Nice work Mods, I imagine its a fair amount of work, but it makes the site 10 fold better than it was. It's greatly appreciated. I imagine only Mods can add those? If so I don't know how you guys are keeping up with the broke XX badges...that seems crazy. That being said its gonna make me work that much harder to get one. ; )

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

To me it will always be quality over quantity of posts.  But at the same time, it's nice to look and see what yourself or others have contributed in the way of posts. 

And to this point, just to make it clear to everyone and John touched on this the other day.  Number of posts is way way down the list of factors when we are considering testers.   We have been known to pick a tester with 40 posts because they are all of quality and added value, and completely overlook some with 100 or more because they were all testing applications and not one general topic posts. 

Well, I guess I am wierd then, because I never came here hoping to test anything.  I read, I saw, I stayed.  Some of the nicest, friendliest folks on the internet, especially in a golf forum.  Testing never crossed my mind honestly.  OK, yeah, I put my name in the hat once I think, but not something I'm here for.

3 minutes ago, bardle said:

I am digging all the new badges that are getting added. Nice work Mods, I imagine its a fair amount of work, but it makes the site 10 fold better than it was. It's greatly appreciated. I imagine only Mods can add those? If so I don't know how you guys are keeping up with the broke XX badges...that seems crazy. That being said its gonna make me work that much harder to get one. ; )

When they introduced those broke badges they had a thread on it, and if you wanted one, you just replied to that thread, and then they added it to your profile soon after.  I'd have to search to find that thread though, and I'm honestly too lazy to do so.

Gotta say that I am not a fan of the dot system. I liked the former ranking style. It was tangible and easy to understand. My 2 pennies...

EDIT: No sooner do I post this, then I see some interesting changes...Big never-mind while I digest them.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

59 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Well, I guess I am wierd then, because I never came here hoping to test anything.  I read, I saw, I stayed.  Some of the nicest, friendliest folks on the internet, especially in a golf forum.  Testing never crossed my mind honestly.  OK, yeah, I put my name in the hat once I think, but not something I'm here for.

There's a cliche that I hate to use, but I will.  Everyone should enjoy the forum in the way the want.  I think it's great and it speaks to a great membership that you find the atmosphere so friendly, although that's not a surprise to me, that's what got me to stay after my first couple visits. 

As for testings, again to repeat what John said so well the other day, yes of course there are those that only come to test, and they are unusually easily identifiable, and they will continue to apply in vein.  We like to think those that come for a testing get selected and then find they actually enjoy the atmosphere and conversation here and hopefully stay around long after the testing is complete. 

But back to the post counts, it's something that not only this forum but others I have seen all do, and it means different things to different people.   Sure there are some that just try to get as many posts and as high of count as they can for whatever reason they see.   But again kind of like the tester only applications, they are usually easy to see and I think most will probably just skip over or skim any posts by them.

I look at my count now and then and quickly move on.  I honestly couldn't have told you with 500 to 1000 posts what mine was this morning before looking at it.  I knew it was more than 5,000 but less than 9,000.   

So anyway this whole rambling post--now if we kept track of  frivolous word count, I no doubt would be at the top level--was meant to say, thank you and everyone else who contributes here regularly and keeps the conversations going, that in the end is what matters to most of us! 

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

There's a cliche that I hate to use, but I will.  Everyone should enjoy the forum in the way the want.  I think it's great and it speaks to a great membership that you find the atmosphere so friendly, although that's not a surprise to me, that's what got me to stay after my first couple visits. 

As for testings, again to repeat what John said so well the other day, yes of course there are those that only come to test, and they are unusually easily identifiable, and they will continue to apply in vein.  We like to think those that come for a testing get selected and then find they actually enjoy the atmosphere and conversation here and hopefully stay around long after the testing is complete. 

But back to the post counts, it's something that not only this forum but others I have seen all do, and it means different things to different people.   Sure there are some that just try to get as many posts and as high of count as they can for whatever reason they see.   But again kind of like the tester only applications, they are usually easy to see and I think most will probably just skip over or skim any posts by them.

I look at my count now and then and quickly move on.  I honestly couldn't have told you with 500 to 1000 posts what mine was this morning before looking at it.  I knew it was more than 5,000 but less than 9,000.   

So anyway this whole rambling post--now if we kept track of  frivolous word count, I no doubt would be at the top level--was meant to say, thank you and everyone else who contributes here regularly and keeps the conversations going, that in the end is what matters to most of us! 

Well said. I believe the frequent posters are here because of the quality of content rather than testing opportunities. I was on this forum for almost a year before I even realized that there were testing opportunities for forum members. I was so engrossed in the equipment technical discussions somehow I guess I just didn't pay attention.  So while there are a lot of new members that only join for the testing opportunity, I also think there are members that join and stay because we all learn from one another (not to mention the friendships).  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Sorry I missed that part. However, while we aren't here to accumulate posts, I do think the mod's should recognize more frequent milestones than 1,000 - 5,000 - 10,000. 

We did discuss it, but I think in an effort to not clutter the catalog with so many choices was a factor as well as making it seem special.  I know it's a long way to go from 1,000 to 5,000.   Maybe we'll bring it up again at the next Staff Luncheon 😁

On 1/3/2019 at 9:39 AM, tony@CIC said:

Did you notice, the MOD's listen!!  We decided it shouldn't wait for our next Staff Luncheon, the people asked for it now, they got it now!!   

That's how we roll round here!

Did you notice, the MOD's listen!!  We decided it shouldn't wait for our next Staff Luncheon, the people asked for it now, they got it now!!   
That's how we roll round here!

What a great forum this is, including mod's and members!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

We just went at major milestone intravals, the next one for you will be 5,000!    So get to work, it's in view

It’s an honor to be in the same club as Kenny

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 minute ago, revkev said:

The honor is mine.  You are the master.  I really got started in the forum when you were testing the SCORs.  Ordered a set and jumped into the testing thread, a lot like guys are doing on the SuperSpeed thread.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10,000 posts - that's pretty rarefied air!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I’ll catch up to y’all, you’ll see lol.

In the bag
Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex
3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree
Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2
Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie
Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I’ve been around a while and have the gray hair to prove it! :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I’ve been around a while and have the gray hair to prove it! 🙂

better grey than nae! 😉

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I kind of miss the old spy designations already.  Can we have both?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

9 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hear hear!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

When we had them, everyone complained because they made no sense or they didn't understand them.   They go away and now it's like we cancelled Christmas....🤨😉

Also on a serious note, we are trying to keep the profile/badge section as clean as possible, so that's why we have the limit on the badges.   So adding the names plus the post count would not only be redundant, but give a cluttered look. 

11 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So adding the names plus the post count would not only be redundant, but give a cluttered look. 

...says the guy with a name and a post count badge.... 😋

Capture.PNG.644e44127e56329b6ba4e4356461bb99.PNG

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

24 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

...says the guy with a name and a post count badge.... 😋

Capture.PNG.644e44127e56329b6ba4e4356461bb99.PNG

😲   Ha....Honestly I never look at that myself.  And besides, I'll blame Stud on that one...he set it up.   but perhaps I was asked once or twice to take a look and comment.......oops 

Truthfully Not to give you too much inside baseball, which I tend to do at times.  I don't see the need for Forum Director/Staff and Administrator.  I assume they all serve some technical purpose.     

I'm not sure, I just want to know what the release date is on the G410!! 😎😎

Archived