Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Favorite book

tommc23

On 3/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, StrokerAce said:

so so many...

my 8th grader just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird - he didn't like it but it is one of my all time favorites.... high schooler is reading The Catcher in the Rye - another classic

One of the funniest I've ever read is A Walk in the woods - the movie did not do it justice.

My favorite genre is nonfiction and there are so many incredible stories out there - Unbroken is absolutely incredible...hard to believe it was even real. 
Alive and Into Thin Air were both stunning as well.

I suppose I could go on and on. I'll have to come back and edit as I recall more.

What can I say, I just love To Kill a Mockingbird, I probably read this book a hundred times in my life, and every time it feels different with age, because I begin to understand it differently, this is an incredible book. This interested me so much that I read many other literature related to To Kill a Mockingbird, such as various articles, essays, and so on. And even that's not all, I started writing essays myself and have been writing about various books for a long time, but of course it was the essay on To Kill a Mockingbird that I wrote most of all, examples of my ready-made and absolutely free works you can find on my website, I am sure that it will be useful for you. By far this is my favorite book that touched me to the core.

Edited by Mitchell Strong

“Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.”

My works on "To Kill a Mockingbird" 👍

56 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've got to agree here, I'm a huge Sanderson fan and while he was chosen to finish off The Wheel of Time and has a lot of other great works, Mistborn is my favorite. 

Mistborn has been my only Sanderson exposure so far, but it has me intrigued about starting up some of his other works as well. My only complaint is the guy has so many different projects going on, none of them are complete!

He does seem to be an absolute workhorse though. Once he gets a few of his other series further along I plan on giving them a try. Any particular ones you'd recommend I start with?

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Mistborn has been my only Sanderson exposure so far, but it has me intrigued about starting up some of his other works as well. My only complaint is the guy has so many different projects going on, none of them are complete!

He does seem to be an absolute workhorse though. Once he gets a few of his other series further along I plan on giving them a try. Any particular ones you'd recommend I start with?

I would recommend the Wax and Wayne series, it's set in the world of Mistborn about 200 years after The Hero of Ages. The books are The Alloy of Law, Shadows of Self, and The Bands of Mourning. 

The Stormlight Archive is extremely good, but it's going to be a long series. If you decide to try it out, I'd recommend reading Warbreaker as you won't get some of the references in the series. 

He's also written a young adult series, the Reckoners that I love. The first book in that series is Steelheart. They're all very good. 

Probably cheating by giving a series, but the Empire of Man series by David Weber and John Ringo. Really fun way to combine a futuristic sci-fi and military fiction book while still having fun dropping easter eggs throughout. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

Dan Brown, any😍 I love all the books by this author. I started reading it at school. I was advised to read more to improve my writing skills. But it did not help. By the way, maybe someone will be useful https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/classyessay/. Thanks to them, I avoided writing hateful essays and always received excellent marks for them. Also, all tasks were completed very quickly

Edited by Madeleine Baker

• 4 months later...

I am currently reading Les Misérables is a French historical novel by Victor Hugo. This is one of the largest and one of the most incredibly deep and interesting books I have read. I have read half of the book, but I am already convinced that it will become one of my favorite stories for my whole life. I recently read a few articles on https://studydriver.com/romeo-and-juliet/ about one of my favourite tragedies in history and decided to reread Romeo and Juliet.

Edited by Jasper Bryant

• 1 month later...

For golf: Zen Golf  by Joseph Parent

Lately: The Rose Code by Kate Quinn

In my 20s: The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera

A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley

In my 30s: Treason’s Harbor (really all of the Maturin-Aubrey series) by Patrick O’Brian

In my 40s: World Without End by Ken Follett

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

On 1/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, russtopherb said:

Tough to pick just one, I’d have to go with Wizard and Glass by Stephen King. The Stand is right behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The whole Dark Tower series is my favorite!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

The whole Dark Tower series is my favorite!

Yes I finished the whole series up last year, though not the Wind Through the Key Hole and a reading The Stand now. The series has opened all the cross book references which I have enjoyed. Heck even one of his more thriller novels 11/22/1963 has a connection to It. I love how this series lays out how they can all connect on top of the epic that it already is.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Yes I finished the whole series up last year, though not the Wind Through the Key Hole and a reading The Stand now. The series has opened all the cross book references which I have enjoyed. Heck even one of his more thriller novels 11/22/1963 has a connection to It. I love how this series lays out how they can all connect on top of the epic that it already is.

Wind through the keyhole is fun.  Definitely add it to the list!

WITB:

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

Wind through the keyhole is fun.  Definitely add it to the list!

It is just took a bit of break after basically reading the first 7 in a row. It will likely be the next on the list after I get through the Stand, though I still have about 700 pages left in that.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

48 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

It is just took a bit of break after basically reading the first 7 in a row. It will likely be the next on the list after I get through the Stand, though I still have about 700 pages left in that.

I read all 8 in a very short span as well.  Once the ball got rolling I couldn’t get off!

WITB:

• 1 month later...

I don't have a favorite book or author. I do read quite a bit, more that I watch TV.

I do have authors I follow:

John Sandford

CJ Box

Michael Connelly

Nick Petrie

Carl Hiaasen

Lee Child

Paul Doiron

Alice Henderson

Robert Crais

John Grisham

Ace Atkins

Dennis Lehane

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

My favorite book is Animal Farm by George Orwell. It's like a political satire about the USSR. In this book animals want to create a farm where animals will be free and happy without farmers. I’ve read it a few times, but when I had a task at uni to write an essay about it, I failed. So, I had to ask to write my assignment for me. I got a good grade and still like this book. It's like a memory, nothing special. Anyway, the book is awesome! 

P.S. Napoleon is awful🤮

Edited by Cloud Kray

54 minutes ago, Cloud Kray said:

My favourite book is Animal Farm by George Orwell. It`s like a political satire about USSR. In this book animals want to create a farm where animals will be free and happy without farmers.  

P.S. Napoleon is awful🤮

Orwell is a great writer I enjoyed multiple books he did. Animal farm is interesting especially with how the pigs manipulate everyone.

• 3 months later...

My all time favorite book/s is the 'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan. Two others are 'The Belgarian' by David Eddings and 'The chronicles of Thomas Convenent' by Stephen R. Donaldson.... both are series.

Edited by silver & black
Spelling

41 minutes ago, silver & black said:

My all time favorite book/s is the 'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan. Two others are 'The Belgarian' by David Eddings and 'The chronicles of Thomas Convenent' by Stephen R. Donaldson.... both are series.

The Wheel of Time is a wonderful series. I've been working on a re-read of it for a couple of months and always enjoy the way Jordan brings his world to life. Plus, Mat Cauthon is one of my favorite literary characters. He becomes so good after his two trips through the twisted stone doorways. 

In the last 3 years since this topic was introduced I’ve been reading a lot. There were several that hit me right in the feels and I’ll be reading again…

Think Again, Adam Grant

Ego is the Enemy, Ryan Holiday

Principles, Ray Dalio

I just received Ryan’s latest Discipline is Destiny in the mail last week. I browsed the first few chapters and I’m excited to start it once I finish what I’m reading now. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

In the last 3 years since this topic was introduced I’ve been reading a lot. There were several that hit me right in the feels and I’ll be reading again…

Think Again, Adam Grant

Ego is the Enemy, Ryan Holiday

Principles, Ray Dalio

I just received Ryan’s latest Discipline is Destiny in the mail last week. I browsed the first few chapters and I’m excited to start it once I finish what I’m reading now. 

Definitely some luey reading going on right there

I love to read and have several favorites.  Like some others have already posted, Tolkien's The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings; 11/22/63 by Steven King; The Davinci Code by Dan Brown; The General's Daughter by Nelson Demille; Without Remorse by Tom Clancy; The Legend of Huma by Richard Knaak; and The Last Kingdom series by Bernard Cornwell.  

Edited by David Leighton Reid

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

• 2 weeks later...

Joseph Heller Catch-22 is my favourite book.  One rainy weekend I read the book on Saturday and read it again on Sunday.  Every time I read this book I notice a new things I missed previously.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

• 2 months later...

I love "The Canterbury Tales" - here social satire is the main theme. I have learned that love conquers all and that is enough for me. Recommending.
I also have a favorite poem which is "Beowulf". After the first reading, I did not fully understand the themes, but I checked https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/beowulf/ and realized more deeply the importance of courage, honor and loyalty. These important values are my priorities in life and maybe that is why I am so passionate about this written masterpiece. Via the essay examples about "Beowulf", I got that it has an interesting topic by itself. What I understood and concluded is that a good work always emphasizes some morals.

Edited by RobertSmith

• 10 months later...

Choosing a favorite book is like choosing a favorite star in the sky – impossible, right? There are just so many incredible stories out there. Lately, I've been really into emily henry books. Her writing style and storytelling are just so captivating. If you're on the hunt for something new to read, you might want to give her books a try.

Edited by Ajactonbson