Favorite book

tommc23

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

The whole Dark Tower series is my favorite!

Yes I finished the whole series up last year, though not the Wind Through the Key Hole and a reading The Stand now. The series has opened all the cross book references which I have enjoyed. Heck even one of his more thriller novels 11/22/1963 has a connection to It. I love how this series lays out how they can all connect on top of the epic that it already is.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Yes I finished the whole series up last year, though not the Wind Through the Key Hole and a reading The Stand now. The series has opened all the cross book references which I have enjoyed. Heck even one of his more thriller novels 11/22/1963 has a connection to It. I love how this series lays out how they can all connect on top of the epic that it already is.

Wind through the keyhole is fun.  Definitely add it to the list!

• Like 1

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* (BROKEN!!) with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

Wind through the keyhole is fun.  Definitely add it to the list!

It is just took a bit of break after basically reading the first 7 in a row. It will likely be the next on the list after I get through the Stand, though I still have about 700 pages left in that.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

48 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

It is just took a bit of break after basically reading the first 7 in a row. It will likely be the next on the list after I get through the Stand, though I still have about 700 pages left in that.

I read all 8 in a very short span as well.  Once the ball got rolling I couldn’t get off!

• Like 1

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* (BROKEN!!) with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

• 1 month later...

I don't have a favorite book or author. I do read quite a bit, more that I watch TV.

I do have authors I follow:

John Sandford

CJ Box

Michael Connelly

Nick Petrie

Carl Hiaasen

Lee Child

Paul Doiron

Alice Henderson

Robert Crais

John Grisham

Ace Atkins

Dennis Lehane

Driver: TaylorMade SIM2

Fairway Woods: Tour Edge 3-5-7 E521

Irons: PXG 0211 DC 4-SW

Putter: SeeMore Si3

BatCaddy X8R

My favorite book is Animal Farm by George Orwell. It's like a political satire about the USSR. In this book animals want to create a farm where animals will be free and happy without farmers. I’ve read it a few times, but when I had a task at uni to write an essay about it, I failed. So, I had to ask to write my assignment for me. I got a good grade and still like this book. It's like a memory, nothing special. Anyway, the book is awesome! 

P.S. Napoleon is awful🤮

Edited by Cloud Kray
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cloud Kray said:

My favourite book is Animal Farm by George Orwell. It`s like a political satire about USSR. In this book animals want to create a farm where animals will be free and happy without farmers.  

P.S. Napoleon is awful🤮

Orwell is a great writer I enjoyed multiple books he did. Animal farm is interesting especially with how the pigs manipulate everyone.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, silver & black said:

My all time favorite book/s is the 'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan. Two others are 'The Belgarian' by David Eddings and 'The chronicles of Thomas Convenent' by Stephen R. Donaldson.... both are series.

The Wheel of Time is a wonderful series. I've been working on a re-read of it for a couple of months and always enjoy the way Jordan brings his world to life. Plus, Mat Cauthon is one of my favorite literary characters. He becomes so good after his two trips through the twisted stone doorways. 

• Like 3

In the last 3 years since this topic was introduced I’ve been reading a lot. There were several that hit me right in the feels and I’ll be reading again…

Think Again, Adam Grant

Ego is the Enemy, Ryan Holiday

Principles, Ray Dalio

I just received Ryan’s latest Discipline is Destiny in the mail last week. I browsed the first few chapters and I’m excited to start it once I finish what I’m reading now. 

• Like 3
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

In the last 3 years since this topic was introduced I’ve been reading a lot. There were several that hit me right in the feels and I’ll be reading again…

Think Again, Adam Grant

Ego is the Enemy, Ryan Holiday

Principles, Ray Dalio

I just received Ryan’s latest Discipline is Destiny in the mail last week. I browsed the first few chapters and I’m excited to start it once I finish what I’m reading now. 

Definitely some luey reading going on right there

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I love to read and have several favorites.  Like some others have already posted, Tolkien's The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings; 11/22/63 by Steven King; The Davinci Code by Dan Brown; The General's Daughter by Nelson Demille; Without Remorse by Tom Clancy; The Legend of Huma by Richard Knaak; and The Last Kingdom series by Bernard Cornwell.  

Edited by David Leighton Reid
  • Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-R

Ping G410 3 wood w/Ping Tour stiff

Titleist TS2 5 wood w/Tensei regular

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Taylormade Spider X putter